55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah - I got it
    Yes, in this case, this option is needed.
    This function will most likely return a value for the monitor that is the master.
    In any case, the fact that your program can work with a value other than 100% is a big step forward compared to ExileAPI

GameHelper: A light version of PoeHUD/Exile-Api
  2. Thanks GameHelper (1 members gave Thanks to GameAssist for this useful post)
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wlastas View Post
    Ah - I got it
    Yes, in this case, this option is needed.
    This function will most likely return a value for the monitor that is the master.
    In any case, the fact that your program can work with a value other than 100% is a big step forward compared to ExileAPI
    Yeah, ExileAPI runs on pretty old tech and nobody has bothered to go through and update it. I tried rewriting it once as an internal, C++ app... but gave up as it was too much effort.

4. Thanks BrasileirinhoPe (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    GameAssist's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    ... I tried rewriting it once as an internal, C++ app... but gave up as it was too much effort.
    we have working on C++
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ue-3-15-a.html (PoEapikit for Expedition League (3.15))
    and even with source code that compiles))
    the truth is, it is not entirely clear why Autohotkey is used there and there is no ImGui

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not play POE anymore, but this is awesome. I'm excited to see further community support of tools, and innovation in otherwise 'dead' ecosystems, and this has greatness behind it.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have working on C++
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ue-3-15-a.html (PoEapikit for Expedition League (3.15))
    and even with source code that compiles))
    the truth is, it is not entirely clear why Autohotkey is used there and there is no ImGui
    Thats not an internal application, nor is it HUD/ExileAPI =P It is just written in C++.

McWash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I'm usually a lurker but I want to express my appreciation for what you've shared with us.
    I used Exilehud before but this league I haven't used it yet.

I decided to check out the forum to see if anyone had any updated version for 3.15 and I found your Helper and boy am I a happy camper.
    If I can contribute in any way other than coding - I can imagine you'd like to focus on the development- like writing text for the FAQ hit me up, I'll gladly do it.

Thanks again.

Edit: found
    Last edited by McWash; 09-11-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Forgot the word found

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    new version released with following Q.O.L changes Feel free to download it from first post

Breaking change: using area id rather than area name when saving important tiles. This will cause your old important tiles to disappear ( sorry had to do this for Chinese clients)

Default map color updated to -> r 151 g 151 b 151 a 255
    Default tile color updated to -> RED
    Added: "Do you want to close the overlay?" popup.
    Fixed the bug where user couldn't remove the important tile.
    Fixed the bug where users could set expected cluster to zero.\
    Renamed "Expected Cluster" to "Expected Tile Count"
    Renamed Preload alert window "Edit Color" to "Edit background Color"

Originally Posted by McWash View Post
    Hello,
    I'm usually a lurker but I want to express my appreciation for what you've shared with us.
    I used Exilehud before but this league I haven't used it yet.

I decided to check out the forum to see if anyone had any updated version for 3.15 and I found your Helper and boy am I a happy camper.
    If I can contribute in any way other than coding - I can imagine you'd like to focus on the development- like writing text for the FAQ hit me up, I'll gladly do it.

Thanks again.

Edit: found
    Nah, don't need help in writing guide/FAQs however, If you can follow the guide of "how to add important tile" and add all important tiles there exists in the POE campaign and share it with me, that will be fking awesome.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-11-2021 at 07:16 PM.

GameAssist's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Thats not an internal application, nor is it HUD/ExileAPI =P It is just written in C++.
    What "HUD" are you all talking about here? can I link to it?
    I do not quite understand what it means "internal application" in this context (Google cannot explain this to me clearly)
    I only find something similar to: Internal Application - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics.
    This is it?

Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not quite understand what it means "internal application" in this context (Google cannot explain this to me clearly)
    I only find something similar to: Internal Application - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics.
    This is it?
    internal application means that it will be intrusive, it will execute within POE game. It will use the Game DxHandle for drawing stuff. It's fastest as you don't need to read the memory of the game and copy it in the local process memory. Memory of the game is directly accessible via pointers and stuff.

EDIT: Anyway, it's off-topic so let's not continue this discussion.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-11-2021 at 09:10 PM.

12. Thanks Sychotix, GameAssist (2 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    NoobToken's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is it?
    Dynamic linked libraries are basically what they are talking about, though they are not the only way to do this. Basically you inject your code into the target executable and then execute your code inside the context of that program.

14. Thanks GameAssist (1 members gave Thanks to NoobToken for this useful post)
    cgthree's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello thanks for this.

I tried to setup a simple flask profile.
    I couldn't find a way to remove a condition from a rule.
    Where could I eventually find the saved profile to edit it ?

Thanks.

Edit: Is there a reference for Status condition names ? I tried "freeze" for instance but maybe it's Frozen ?
    I barely used PoEHud a long time ago, I'm quite new...
    Last edited by cgthree; 09-13-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cgthree View Post
    Hello thanks for this.

I tried to setup a simple flask profile.
    I couldn't find a way to remove a condition from a rule.
    Where could I eventually find the saved profile to edit it ?

Thanks.

Edit: Is there a reference for Status condition names ? I tried "freeze" for instance but maybe it's Frozen ?
    I barely used PoEHud a long time ago, I'm quite new...
    I am updating the flask profiles user experience so wait for it.

Yeah, you can’t use that for things like frozen, ignited, corrupted. That’s missing. I will add that in a week.

abratema's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An icon of your own character would be really great as an addition to the Radar plugin. The area/zone overlay centers quite well but sometimes it takes a second or two for me to figure out where I am and where to aim when many icons are displayed on the overlay.

There are no icons for breaches, strongboxes etc. Once I manually put those into PreloadAlert, can I assign icons for them? If not, then that is another feature that I'd suggest adding.

Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by abratema View Post
    An icon of your own character would be really great as an addition to the Radar plugin. The area/zone overlay centers quite well but sometimes it takes a second or two for me to figure out where I am and where to aim when many icons are displayed on the overlay.

There are no icons for breaches, strongboxes etc. Once I manually put those into PreloadAlert, can I assign icons for them? If not, then that is another feature that I'd suggest adding.
    there is no relationship between preloadalert and radar plugin icons (assuming that's what you mean by icons). Initially I wanted to make Radar plugin configurable enough such that anyone can add icon to anything they want (similar to stashie configuration/simple flask manager profiles) but that's not easy thing to do and can cause performance issues if done incorrectly (esp when there are 20k entities around you).

Quick Questions:

In game icon for your own character is not enough?
    When you say breaches, you mean breach monsters, breach chests, or breach-starting-object?
    Which strongboxes do you think need an icon? all of them or specific one?
    Also, you want custom icon per strongbox or 1 icon for all strongboxes.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-13-2021 at 10:51 AM.

abratema's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaafar View Post
    Quick Questions:

In game icon for your own character is not enough?
    When you say breaches, you mean breach monsters, breach chests, or breach-starting-object?
    Which strongboxes do you think need an icon? all of them or specific one?
    Also, you want custom icon per strongbox or 1 icon for all strongboxes.
    When I play PoE with ExileAPI for example I always have the map overlay with its icons open and click on / interact with any encounters based on those icons (I basically "play the map overlay" instead of the game if that makes sense).

1) I "disabled" the ingame map overlay (transparency slider to the left) and only use the map overlay from GameHelper. With that setup the ingame icon for your own character is not visible anymore and ideally I'd want it to be way bigger than the default ingame one.
    2) All of those (similar to how other HUDs work)
    3) All strongboxes.
    4) One icon for most should be just fine. Maybe a special one for Diviners/Arcanist (Carto/Gemcutter).

The way ExileAPI currently uses IconsBuilder and MinimapIcons is almost perfect in my opinion. Your HUD currently has the option to show regular chests on the overlay. That is not useful considering way more important things are missing. Shouldn't all breaches / master missions / strongboxes etc. cause less performance issues than hundreds of chests per map?

This is just supposed to be my feedback. I don't mean to demand anything or overly criticize your hud, in case my post sounds too harsh.