454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KVon View Post
    Could you add an option to change the close/show Hud key (F12)?
    configs -> core_settings.json -> "MainMenuHotKey": 123,
    change it to what you like: KeyboardEvent Value (keyCodes, metaKey, etc) | CSS-Tricks

GameHelper: A light version of PoeHUD/Exile-Api
  2. Thanks KVon, McWash (2 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    arturino009's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here are some other small things.
    In Radar, there is no way to remove an important tile from the list as far as I can tell, so if you accidentally add something, it's there to stay. Also, if you set "Clusters expected" to 0 and reload the zone, the tool crashes completely (and deletes all the saved tiles that were made during that session).

And in SimpleFlaskManager there is no way to delete a specific rule/condition, so if you add something wrong, you have to delete the whole profile. And the only way to add a new rule is through -1 index, which I always forget to change afterwards, and keep adding new ones instead of configuring the one flask I'm trying to add. I recommend either automatically changing the -1 index to the newest rule added, or completely remove that index and let us add the rules just by choosing the appropriate index.
    Last edited by arturino009; 09-09-2021 at 09:50 AM.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arturino009 View Post
    Ok, here are some other small things.
    In Radar, there is no way to remove an important tile from the list as far as I can tell, so if you accidentally add something, it's there to stay. Also, if you set "Clusters expected" to 0 and reload the zone, the tool crashes completely (and deletes all the saved tiles for that zone).

And in SimpleFlaskManager there is no way to delete a specific rule/condition, so if you add something wrong, you have to delete the whole profile. And the only way to add a new rule is through -1 index, which I always forget to change afterwards, and keep adding new ones instead of configuring the one flask I'm trying to add. I recommend either automatically changing the -1 index to the newest rule added, or completely remove that index and let us add the rules just by choosing the appropriate index.
    both are valid points, I will fix those. btw why are you setting a "Expected cluster" to 0? Are you trying to find out things that sometime appear on the map and sometime don't?
    Also, settings are saved once you hide/show/closes the overlay setting window (F12) so do that before changing area/zones.

EDIT: Also, settings are saved once you hide/show/closes the overlay setting window (F12) so do that before changing area/zones.
    Actually, don't do that, first test your settings cuz if u do that it will just crash overlay forever until you delete your settings file.
    I will come up with a fix for this whole mess.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'know, just testing things. I thought maybe if I set it to 0 it would delete the tile from the saved list or something

Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can help me with understanding how to actually find some of these offsets? For example, I can find (almost) any offset for any UI window just by looking at children for IngameState.IngameUi in DevTree, but how to find the offset for IngameUI or IngameState in a leaguestart?
    I also remember that I somehow found offsets for UIHover by repeatedly hovering over an item and back and scanning the memory addresses and I found the required memory address, but I didn't know where to get the offset from.
    Basically, some steps what to do in a leaguestart where everything is fucked

Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can help me with understanding how to actually find some of these offsets? For example, I can find (almost) any offset for any UI window just by looking at children for IngameState.IngameUi in DevTree, but how to find the offset for IngameUI or IngameState in a leaguestart?
    I also remember that I somehow found offsets for UIHover by repeatedly hovering over an item and back and scanning the memory addresses and I found the required memory address, but I didn't know where to get the offset from.
    Basically, some steps what to do in a leaguestart where everything is fucked
    What's the goal/context over here? If the goal is to add more offsets to GameHelper then please note that when it comes to GameHelper tool it's not about finding offsets (I can find any offset there exists in the game if given enough time). It's about updating offsets within seconds (actually even before the league have officially started ~ while people are in the waiting queue). There is a really good post on this topic over here: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ry-league.html (How to quickly update 200k offsets every league)
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-09-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaafar View Post
    What's the goal/context over here? If the goal is to add more offsets to GameHelper then please note that when it comes to GameHelper tool it's not about finding offsets (I can find any offset there exists in the game if given enough time). It's about finding offsets within seconds (actually even before the league have officially started ~ while people are in the waiting queue).
    No, I just want to learn more about these things. I would like to maybe contribute to ExileAPI with some of these things, but I just don't know how to do these things. I'm just interested in getting into these things

Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, I just want to learn more about these things. I would like to maybe contribute to ExileAPI with some of these things, but I just don't know how to do these things. I'm just interested in getting into these things
    ah that make more sense. I am sorry this is way to big to explain in 1 post or 1 thread. Also, it's off topic.

What I will say is the following, In my whole finding/updating offsets experience I have only used following 2 tools.

Cheat engine
    Ghidra

also, here are the list of my fav bookmarks on memory reading. They don't teach basic of memory reading and how to find offsets but they did helped me a bit.

Poe Offsets
    mmo...eapi-help.html
    mmo...ml#post4299677
    mmo...ml#post4299673
    mmo...a-changed.html
    mmo...s-of-game.html
    mmo...ta-memory.html
    mmo...ml#post4010059
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post3874440
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-09-2021 at 12:30 PM.

10. Thanks arturino009 (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah that make more sense. I am sorry this is way to big to explain in 1 post or 1 thread. Also, it's off topic.

What I will say is the following, In my whole finding/updating offsets experience I have only used following 2 tools.

Cheat engine
    Ghidra

also, here are the list of my fav bookmarks on memory reading. They don't teach basic of memory reading and how to find offsets but they did helped me a bit.

Poe Offsets
    mmo...eapi-help.html
    mmo...ml#post4299677
    mmo...ml#post4299673
    mmo...a-changed.html
    mmo...s-of-game.html
    mmo...ta-memory.html
    mmo...ml#post4010059
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post3874440
    Thankyou I will check these out!

SyphonAU's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some feedback. I added Rhoa Nest as an Important item, but didn't really understand what Cluster meant, I couldn't get the 3 individual Rhoa Nests showing as you did in the teaser screenshot.

I also couldn't figure out how to add the area transitions. Can I assume that Waypoints / Transitions should be added by default? Mine were not showing.

So if you could give a quick step by step on how that's done, it would help.

Also, I think there needs to be the ability to make the white line of the map transparent / blending somewhat. (If that's possible)

Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SyphonAU View Post
    Just some feedback. I added Rhoa Nest as an Important item, but didn't really understand what Cluster meant, I couldn't get the 3 individual Rhoa Nests showing as you did in the teaser screenshot.

I also couldn't figure out how to add the area transitions. Can I assume that Waypoints / Transitions should be added by default? Mine were not showing.

So if you could give a quick step by step on how that's done, it would help.

Also, I think there needs to be the ability to make the white line of the map transparent / blending somewhat. (If that's possible)
    I should rename that from "Expected Cluster" to "Expected Counts" or "Expected Tile Count". Let me know if you have a better word for saying "These are the expected number of labels/tiles you see on the map for this tile"

For your second question, look at "Draw map color" in radar plugin settings.

EDIT: i have changed it to "Expected Tile Count".
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-11-2021 at 11:23 AM.

GameAssist's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing you need to do is focus on window (1) and configure the window scale setting. You can find out your window scale setting as
    What are these dances with a tambourine for? no one will ever use your program with a window scale different from the one installed on the computer
    Why not just sew this value into the program and forget
    Code:
    [DllImport("gdi32.dll")]
            static extern int GetDeviceCaps(IntPtr hdc, int nIndex);
            public enum DeviceCap {
                VERTRES = 10,
                DESKTOPVERTRES = 117,

// pinvoke.net:
    			GetDeviceCaps (gdi32)
            }

public static float GetScreenScalingFactor() {
                System.Drawing.Graphics g = System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHwnd(IntPtr.Zero);
                IntPtr desktop = g.GetHdc();
                int LogicalScreenHeight = GetDeviceCaps(desktop, (int)DeviceCap.VERTRES);
                int PhysicalScreenHeight = GetDeviceCaps(desktop, (int)DeviceCap.DESKTOPVERTRES);

float ScreenScalingFactor = (float)PhysicalScreenHeight / (float)LogicalScreenHeight;

return ScreenScalingFactor; // 1.25 = 125%
            }

Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wlastas View Post
    What are these dances with a tambourine for? no one will ever use your program with a window scale different from the one installed on the computer
    Why not just sew this value into the program and forget
    Code:
    [DllImport("gdi32.dll")]
            static extern int GetDeviceCaps(IntPtr hdc, int nIndex);
            public enum DeviceCap {
                VERTRES = 10,
                DESKTOPVERTRES = 117,

// pinvoke.net:
    			GetDeviceCaps (gdi32)
            }

public static float GetScreenScalingFactor() {
                System.Drawing.Graphics g = System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHwnd(IntPtr.Zero);
                IntPtr desktop = g.GetHdc();
                int LogicalScreenHeight = GetDeviceCaps(desktop, (int)DeviceCap.VERTRES);
                int PhysicalScreenHeight = GetDeviceCaps(desktop, (int)DeviceCap.DESKTOPVERTRES);

float ScreenScalingFactor = (float)PhysicalScreenHeight / (float)LogicalScreenHeight;

return ScreenScalingFactor; // 1.25 = 125%
            }
    does that work with 2 different monitors with 2 different scale settings?

GameAssist's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does that work with 2 different monitors with 2 different scale settings?
    This code works correctly on any system including VM
    if We're talking about 2 monitors connected to one PC, I have no idea how this will work. What's the point of having two monitors?
    Then your program should support 2 Launched POE process and that's just the setting to which window to bind the program instance to.
    Last edited by GameAssist; 09-11-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wlastas View Post
    I have no idea how this will work. What's the point of having two monitors?
    So basically I have 2 monitors. One is 1440p monitor with scale setting of 100%. Other one is 4k monitor with a scale setting of 150%. Also, I have seen posts in ExileApi where people do have 2 monitors ( it's not that uncommon ). I use the 4k monitor for opening trade/guide websites and stuff. I use 1440p monitor to play the game. What I don't understand is that, if I use this code, is it going to return me scale factor 150% or 100%? Also, if it returns incorrect scale factor, I would have to ask the user "Hey what monitor you are using?" So rather than asking user that why not just ask "What is your monitor scale factor?".

Anyway, I will test this code and if it doesn't barf on multiple monitors, I will use it. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-11-2021 at 12:02 PM.