CornFlake101's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, it really is the end of the road for Hud/Helper and addons

Its a shame, they made PoE so much more enjoyable to play.

With all the recent drama, what drove away all the developers? Or is it more that they just dont play the game anymore, so why update it? (completely understable)

ExileAPI Release
    happylittletree_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a hell of a ride. I'm a fortunate silent enjoyer of so many excellent third party tools that enhanced my gaming experience greatly since... Breach, I believe.

I don't have a developer's eyes, thus can't truly appreciate the beauty of some of the great tools that have been part of my own little PoE bubble.
    Especially GameHelper. A simplistic (although probably by no means easy to develop; again, not a dev) but beautiful and extremely functional tool.

Turns out all I ever wanted was more information on the map and flasks I don't have to think about. Although GGG did a great job on the flask front, in my humble opinion.

Probably the wrong place to do it but thank you to everyone involved in any of the projects around here.
    The feeling that so many strangers can come to one place and collaborate together to create, update and maintain beautiful game-enhancing creations is inspiring if nothing else.
    I was never part of it, but I silently enjoyed the ride nonetheless.

Curious to see what the future brings; on so many fronts

Thank's ya'll o7

tvinki's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/18
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ggg hired hunters and strike
    for like 4 days almost all developers of QOL addons closed or start hiding

Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    147/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sincerely hope this is not the end for ExileAPI or GameHelper.

POE is completely and utterly unplayable without at least one of these programs in use.

My thanks to everyone involved in both these programs, or who contributed to their functionality.

I desperately hope if these two do fold, someone releases a working alternative. Without one, there is not point in playing POE.

robloxmasterdick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forumuser1000 View Post
    I sincerely hope this is not the end for ExileAPI or GameHelper.

POE is completely and utterly unplayable without at least one of these programs in use.

My thanks to everyone involved in both these programs, or who contributed to their functionality.

I desperately hope if these two do fold, someone releases a working alternative. Without one, there is not point in playing POE.
    I am definitely going to quit when hud stops working. Hell, don't see the point in continuing now at all, at least until someone makes a new hud.

Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    147/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GGG just took the servers down for a patch. If the changes they make stop this from working, looks like we may be dead in the water.

What a bitterly sad end to all of this, if that is the case. I truly hope it's not the case, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pathagarus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    11/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we are fine and everything is working. Minus the AN stuff which is fine. Exploit stuff like that is what gets stuff like this shut down. Without going into details I believe based on the wording of CW letter to the community the worst is over. Hopefully the devs for these programs don't these projects.

RatMonkey's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    17/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On average per league at least 1, most likely 2 patches break the offsets. Sometimes it comes within the first week, sometimes a month, but it eventually happens. They just took it down again to apply another patch, apparently, so hopefully this next one doesn't break stuff. If so, with no one to take its place, this doesn't look good. This has happened before, kind of, just not this bad. There was someone who popped out of the inferno, which was Queuete at the time to keep this project going when it appeared we were dead with nothing for 2+ weeks. I believe the same will happen again, but most likely a new thread will need to be created because Queuete said he is no longer supporting stuff so he won't do pulls etc most likely and said the repo will disappear soon probably, anyway.

GameOverlay etc may be the next step and Wlastas was working on a custom version with plugin support, but he disappeared too. Not sure what to make of all this.

NoodlesAreTheBest's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    43/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for any developers lurking, there are people (such as myself) who are willing to pay monthly subscriptions (in ETH, USDT, BTC, BNB, etc) for whatever private version of GameHelper/ExileAPI/PoeHUD will come out.

DobermannK9's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NoodlesAreTheBest View Post
    Well, for any developers lurking, there are people (such as myself) who are willing to pay monthly subscriptions (in ETH, USDT, BTC, BNB, etc) for whatever private version of GameHelper/ExileAPI/PoeHUD will come out.
    I would definitely be someone who was willing to pay a monthly sub, so many aspects of the game I find much more enjoyable with this. Let me know if you find anything!

sheltonml1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DobermannK9 View Post
    I would definitely be someone who was willing to pay a monthly sub, so many aspects of the game I find much more enjoyable with this. Let me know if you find anything!
    yeah id pay monthly as well, let me know if yeall find anyone

DavidBlanco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here, i rly cant imagine playing poe without the auto flasks and map radar. would rather quit the game than playing without it at this point tbh.

madd123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same, would pay monthly, but only for a thing such as gamehelper
    so if gamehelper decide to go private with same update offset speed, please lmk, i ll ready to pay

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    284/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to lock this thread now. If you want further discussion, please open a thread in the General section. If OP wants to pick it back up, just let me or any other mod know and we can reopen the thread.

15. Thanks Queuete (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 226869707172