0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExileAPI: Simple Follower Plugin

Disclaimer: I don't promise anything with this. I'm just experimenting with the ExileAPI and getting my toes wet. Don't expect anything groundbreaking here.

Github Link: GitHub - Sikaka/Follower

Credits

Nothing here is unique. I'm basically ripping apart various plugins and hacking them into something that works. Heavily based on follower plugin by 13413j1j13j5315n13, terrain info (although not used currently) is from mm3141.

What does it do?

The existing follower plugin is kinda a mess. It gets stuck, cant follow you through portals and all the advanced features like looting quest items is kinda broken. Add to that the confusing setup instructions and it drove me to write this small plugin.

Pathing

The plugin will mirror the movements of the leader. If you jump a ledge with movement skills it cant follow.
    Movement waypoints are generated using "Min Path Distance" slider.
    Waypoints are marked as complete when your character comes within "Min path Distance". I'd suggest ~150 for this setting.

Area Transitions

The plugin will use area transitions and portals if the leader changes maps OR moves very far between ticks AND the last recorded position was within "Stop Path Distance" of a transition/portal.
    It will complete existing paths before trying to use portals so that it can mirror your leader as closely as possible.

Item Looting

The plugin will try to auto loot quest items IF the leader is within range and no other tasks exist. Please let me know if I'm completely wrong on how to select items but for now it uses item location + loops random positions near it until the mouse highlights the object, then loots. It will give up after a couple attempts. If you want it to stop looting just walk away and after ~5 seconds it should stop trying to loot and continue following instead.

Setup/Usage

Setup is simple. Just enter the leader name in the settings window, make sure that your movement key in the script and in game match (for example select T hotkey and set as movement in game).
    Set the toggle key to turn it on/off so you can quickly reset follower if needed.

Is Follow Enabled: obvious... checkbox for if its active or not.
    Toggle Follower: hotkey to toggle Is Follow Enabled
    Min path Distance: Distance between movement waypoints. Set at LEAST 100 or it can get stuck on objects and not consider paths 'complete'
    Move CMD Frequency: if you get kicked or something, raise this. I'd recommend at LEAST 50-100 MS
    Stop Path Distance: This is how close to the leader it will stop pathing. If you set this too high it can get stuck in windy rooms (not tracking the movements around corners cause you're too close to leader). I'd suggest ~500 for most uses.
    Random Click Offset: Ignore this for now. I will look at using it in the future.
    Follow Target Name: Enter the name of who you're following. No need to run the script on leader or any weird advanced config
    Movement Key: Bind to same as movement in game.
    Movement Skill Key: Bind to same as movement skill in game (designed for blink skills, NOT dashes)

STRONGLY suggest using Basic Flask Routine with this so follower doesn't die and can keep up with movement flasks.

Feedback and feature suggestions greatly appreciated! I definitely want to keep working on this

Github Link: GitHub - Sikaka/Follower
    Last edited by Sikaka; 05-14-2023 at 01:45 PM.

ExileAPI: Simple Follower Plugin
  2. Thanks An7hrax, dlr5668, kromatikal, berloga03rus, pilliwinx, armory236, NecroTrash, InSTALINg, camapxam, moxozavr, yeahokbud (11 members gave Thanks to Sikaka for this useful post)
    uumas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    11/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey regarding item looting you should take a look at pickits source code.
    TLDR: IngameUIElements->ItemsonGroundLabels
    my github: https://github.com/Arecurius0/
    Contributor of https://github.com/nymann/Stashie

chaolegion01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for my noob question. But how to install. I coppy into Plugins\Compiled and try Plugins\Source but don't apply in api

Sikaka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open the overlay and go to auto update, add plugin and paste the GitHub. Then close and open the overlay app and it should keep it up to date
    Last edited by Sikaka; 02-08-2021 at 09:06 AM.

6. Thanks chaolegion01 (1 members gave Thanks to Sikaka for this useful post)
    kaime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't work for me at all. Can't make it to follow anyone in town. Also opened a second instance of POE normally without VMware etc. set up everything on a follower account and it just doesn't work and follow my or any other characters. Everything was set properly, switched movement key a few times, made it default - nothing, just like iconsbuilder/minimapicons plugins that also does not work for me and some other people.

My client is running on limited user if that's relevant.

Thank you for your work and help.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kaime View Post
    Doesn't work for me at all. Can't make it to follow anyone in town. Also opened a second instance of POE normally without VMware etc. set up everything on a follower account and it just doesn't work and follow my or any other characters. Everything was set properly, switched movement key a few times, made it default - nothing, just like iconsbuilder/minimapicons plugins that also does not work for me and some other people.

What (if anything) is shown in top of the screen for script status?

It's concerning that no plugins at all are working for you. I'm also using limited user without issues.

kaime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12.jpg

Not all plugins. Everything except those 2 icons work normally. Many people said it glitch for em as well.
    Feel free to ask me for more info if you need anything.

P.S the name of the character is a random player who's standing near me in town, even though the distance shows otherwise.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12.jpg

Not all plugins. Everything except those 2 icons work normally. Many people said it glitch for em as well.
    Feel free to ask me for more info if you need anything.
    What is shown at the top of your screen with the plugin enabled? It should be showing script status info text

kaime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13.jpg

Nothing with your plugin. Others work when enabled as you can see.

kromatikal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you run PoE on 4k resolutions by any chance? Those plugins you are mentioning don't work correctly on higher resolutions because positioning is off; if this is your case, try to set this configuration in your Loader.exe:

11111.gif

Regarding your problems with Sikaka's follower, try and check your debug logs to see if something is off.

kaime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1920x1080 - 16:9

Tried your solution - resized my window but didn't help

Code:
    2021-02-11 01:04:27.735 +01:00 [INF] Resize from: {X=0,Y=0,Width=1584,Height=862} to {X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1080}
    The only errors/msgs I had in the logs are:

Code:
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.241 +01:00 [ERR] VersionChecker -> Remote version url not reachable, Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at ExileCore.Shared.VersionChecker.VersionChecker.LoadLatestVersion() in /buddy/exileapi/Core/Shared/VersionChecker/VersionChecker.cs:line 102
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.246 +01:00 [INF] SoundController init skipped because win7 issue.
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.246 +01:00 [VRB] SettingsParser => DrawDelegate not auto-generated for 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ExileCore.Shared.PluginAutoUpdate.Settings.SinglePluginUpdateSettings] Plugins'
    I doubt that's the reason though. Also plugins do not produce any errors.
    Minimap plugin showed mobs once today on a single map btw. didn't change anything and couldn't make it work again...
    Tried disabling/enabling or even deleting plugins one by one but that also didn't work. Yesterday I've launched everything on my laptop - same thing.

Guess I am f@#$ed.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1920x1080 - 16:9

Tried your solution - resized my window but didn't help

Code:
    2021-02-11 01:04:27.735 +01:00 [INF] Resize from: {X=0,Y=0,Width=1584,Height=862} to {X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1080}
    The only errors/msgs I had in the logs are:

Code:
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.241 +01:00 [ERR] VersionChecker -> Remote version url not reachable, Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at ExileCore.Shared.VersionChecker.VersionChecker.LoadLatestVersion() in /buddy/exileapi/Core/Shared/VersionChecker/VersionChecker.cs:line 102
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.246 +01:00 [INF] SoundController init skipped because win7 issue.
    2021-02-11 01:10:14.246 +01:00 [VRB] SettingsParser => DrawDelegate not auto-generated for 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ExileCore.Shared.PluginAutoUpdate.Settings.SinglePluginUpdateSettings] Plugins'
    I doubt that's the reason though. Also plugins do not produce any errors.
    Minimap plugin showed mobs once today on a single map btw. didn't change anything and couldn't make it work again...
    Tried disabling/enabling or even deleting plugins one by one but that also didn't work. Yesterday I've launched everything on my laptop - same thing.

Guess I am f@#$ed.
    I'm guessing it's not the case but did you try changing the actual screen resolution to 1920x1080 vs just the window size? All mouse calculations are done through the game camera values and I'm not sure how windowed gameplay would effect that.

It's still weird though that its displaying text and showing distance but not actually finding a target to follow/not updating those distances...
    The person in town you set it to follow, are they moving around at all? What happens if it says following but you walk manually away? does it try to move you back towards them? It wont start pathing to them until they move far enough away but moving yourself should trigger the same logic.

AeonClock's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are u running this in vmware? I tried running poe in vmware workstation and I just get CreateBuffer error on launch. Why can't this plugin send keys to handle instead of clicking on coords ?

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the latest VMware workstation that supports GPU acceleration and it works properly with Poe. Other vm versions I tried didn’t support newer direct x so caused buffer errors.

I could send commands to handle but I’d be concerned with various detection.

AeonClock's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikaka View Post
    I use the latest VMware workstation that supports GPU acceleration and it works properly with Poe. Other vm versions I tried didn’t support newer direct x so caused buffer errors.

I could send commands to handle but I’d be concerned with various detection.
    That was it, everything works fine now except the follower is not taking portals out after map is over.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast