0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First day of feedback:

Pathing seems to work great, when it works. Submerged passage was horrible, but that was expected due to all of the obstacles. It almost feels like we need more distance checks? Stop pathing makes sense when already following, but there should be one for start pathing. If pathing = true, use stop pathing, if pathing = false, use start pathing? The idea would be to keep them following closer at all times (especially for aura distance). I've been playing around with min/stop pathing and feel like in the ~300 range for min seems to work best to keep them close, and stop is usually best in the ~500 range as your default suggests. Still be nice for the different logic on start/stop. I want them to start pathing immediately, but if they're within some set range, they should come straight to me (I zigzag a lot, and its silly seeing them copy my zigzag when there's a more true path direct to me).

ExileAPI: Simple Follower Plugin
    Sikaka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by drekalo_poe View Post
    First day of feedback:

Pathing seems to work great, when it works. Submerged passage was horrible, but that was expected due to all of the obstacles. It almost feels like we need more distance checks? Stop pathing makes sense when already following, but there should be one for start pathing. If pathing = true, use stop pathing, if pathing = false, use start pathing? The idea would be to keep them following closer at all times (especially for aura distance). I've been playing around with min/stop pathing and feel like in the ~300 range for min seems to work best to keep them close, and stop is usually best in the ~500 range as your default suggests. Still be nice for the different logic on start/stop. I want them to start pathing immediately, but if they're within some set range, they should come straight to me (I zigzag a lot, and its silly seeing them copy my zigzag when there's a more true path direct to me).

Thanks for the feedback it’s super useful. I’ll definitely work on some re writes this week.

The reason for zigzags is it is not currently using any pathfinding and simply uses where the leader moves as examples. Having it skip waypoints (anti zig zag) would get it stuck more.

I do have working basic pathfinding but found that re calculating the path tended to cause issues where you’d walk backwards (by the time the path calculates you’re past the start of it already).

I’ve got some ideas on how to re add pathfinding (such as if current path distance to leader is high, trigger a actual path)

drekalo_poe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff. To be honest, I'd say pathfinding is probably lower on the update list. The followers perform fairly well, and will perform better as their movespeed increases. I've noticed they do use their movement skills to catch up when they're out of range, that helps a lot too. I think the more important piece would be getting them to start faster so they don't immediately fall out of range. I think of the song with the lyrics "when I move you move, just like that", these followers should aim for that

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you're still working on this and if there's anything specific you'd like tested. I'm trying them out with the boots 'The Stampede' and they feel a lot snappier, but an option for them to start following earlier would make it work great.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by drekalo_poe View Post
    Let me know if you're still working on this and if there's anything specific you'd like tested. I'm trying them out with the boots 'The Stampede' and they feel a lot snappier, but an option for them to start following earlier would make it work great.
    Yupp sorry for the delay.

Been playing this league non stop and got a bit distracted as I didnt have motivation to go back and grind defenses on my aura bot to have it be useful.

Worked on it lastnight and got close following working much better and I seem to have found the issue with it getting stuck. My 'clamp to screen' function is garbage and was throwing wrong mouse movements into far away pathing. That would be why it was getting stuck on larger twisting maps.

I'll make sure to get an update pushed out tonight.

Will include Close follow mode: Clears existing path if you come within clear distance but will resume following if leader moves again (so it will stand basically on top of leader always but clears zig zag path if you come close to follower) as well as will fix the stuck issues.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated!

Added close follow toggle.

Coming within clear path distance still clears current pathing (so it wont walk past you only to loop back!) but turning on follow close tries to stand 'on top' of the leader. No delay on following if they move.
    Fixed getting stuck if pathing was off screen. Shouldn't need to babysit as much. I still had one issue of this so I have a temp hacky fix where it will complete paths with a buffer of distance (should help with objects in way)
    Logic will be disabled if you're dead. I haven't re-enabled the pathfinding for long distance paths but it may be something to turn back on based on how this update goes.

Feedback appreciated.

Asura221's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!
    Yesterday I tried to set up FolloweV2 for a very long time, but nothing came of it, and then I decided to try your plugin, I'm surprised, as it worked right away.
    There are small inaccuracies in the construction of the path of a follower, but these are trifles. Basically, it follows quite accurately, but it lags a little behind, I don't know if it is possible to make the follower always there (for aurabot).
    I would also like the leader to be able to turn off the pursuit of the follow, it would be convenient if the leader needs to move to the hideout and return, there would be no need to open the follower window.

I have a question, how best to set up resources for vmware, I have Windows 10 installed there, just like on my computer, according to the characteristics I have AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 16 RAM and a 1080 8GB video card, but it seems to me if I go with a follower to area with 5 delirium orbs, everything will light up for me.
    Has anyone already done this? can you see the gameplay.

NoobToken's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Asura221 View Post
    Hey!
    Yesterday I tried to set up FolloweV2 for a very long time, but nothing came of it, and then I decided to try your plugin, I'm surprised, as it worked right away.
    There are small inaccuracies in the construction of the path of a follower, but these are trifles. Basically, it follows quite accurately, but it lags a little behind, I don't know if it is possible to make the follower always there (for aurabot).
    I would also like the leader to be able to turn off the pursuit of the follow, it would be convenient if the leader needs to move to the hideout and return, there would be no need to open the follower window.

I have a question, how best to set up resources for vmware, I have Windows 10 installed there, just like on my computer, according to the characteristics I have AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 16 RAM and a 1080 8GB video card, but it seems to me if I go with a follower to area with 5 delirium orbs, everything will light up for me.
    Use poesmoother or poenulleffects or a null renderer.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Asura221 View Post
    Hey!

Have you toggled on 'close follow' mode? It should move as soon as it detects the leader move and stand basically ontop of them. obviously if VM is running at 5 FPS though it will still be a bit delayed.

Personally I use a second old spare PC to run the game as then I don't have to worry about shitty video driver performance. As others have said though the 'right' solution would be to use an effect removal tool.

I definitely am interested in adding more intelligent functionality to this but the concern is then making setup more than "place name here and click start". Having the bot ignore you returning to hideout by pressing a button on leader means we're back to FollowerV2 where it needs cross PC communication. Personally I'd be more inclined to tab to VM, hit follow key, tab back and do same when I want it to resume.

There's also the minor concern that 'bot' development using the API is discouraged for public so adding the fancier features could at some point cross that line (like its an aura bot, what about curse bots? What about looting, etc... It quickly becomes a dumbed down bot).

Realistically I think this will end up just getting some more bug fixes, optimizations and customization options. For example pathfinding for long distance and reviving on death would be very useful.
    Last edited by Sikaka; 02-24-2021 at 11:05 AM.

blubber424's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I struggle with the VM. I got VM Workstation 16.1 with a windows 10 dev system. 3D acceleration is on but i still get the Creatbuffer:invalid parameter. Any tips?

Asura221's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikaka View Post
    Have you toggled on 'close follow' mode? It should move as soon as it detects the leader move and stand basically ontop of them. obviously if VM is running at 5 FPS though it will still be a bit delayed.

Personally I use a second old spare PC to run the game as then I don't have to worry about shitty video driver performance. As others have said though the 'right' solution would be to use an effect removal tool.

I definitely am interested in adding more intelligent functionality to this but the concern is then making setup more than "place name here and click start". Having the bot ignore you returning to hideout by pressing a button on leader means we're back to FollowerV2 where it needs cross PC communication. Personally I'd be more inclined to tab to VM, hit follow key, tab back and do same when I want it to resume.

There's also the minor concern that 'bot' development using the API is discouraged for public so adding the fancier features could at some point cross that line (like its an aura bot, what about curse bots? What about looting, etc... It quickly becomes a dumbed down bot).

Realistically I think this will end up just getting some more bug fixes, optimizations and customization options. For example pathfinding for long distance and reviving on death would be very useful.
    As far as I understand, the "close follow" mode is completely new, and when I first used the plugin it was not there. Apparently yesterday the plugin was updated, and I noticed this mark, I immediately turned it on and the pursuit became more accurate.
    I also used the free version of PoeSmoother and the computer felt a little faster.
    By the way, today I noticed that the sender starts to chase the leader, even if the plugin is not running on the leader's computer.
    I understand what needs to be written in another topic, but I'll just share. There was one case when ExileApi ate 4 GB of RAM, it was unexpected.
    Thank. I realized that adding such functions as "attract a follower" (so that the follower himself pressed the teleport button in the squad window) and "enable and disable the follower" without using api or files is difficult to implement, so thanks for what you have already done.

Asura221's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by blubber424 View Post
    Hi
    I struggle with the VM. I got VM Workstation 16.1 with a windows 10 dev system. 3D acceleration is on but i still get the Creatbuffer:invalid parameter. Any tips?
    at first I also had problems with the plugin, but then I used the Microsoft app in my virtual machine and all the errors were gone.

blubber424's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got it thx
    Last edited by blubber424; 02-25-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news, I'll test this out tonight Sikaka.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikaka View Post

I am totally with you on this one. Keeping it simple and focused on following seems the best way to keep it optimized and bug free with future leagues. Adding advanced features like looting and casting spells seems like it's getting into full bot territory.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast