Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikaka View Post
    OK, try again now. Was able to fix it remotely was just a small tweak
    So is the follower supposed to not use portals to enter maps after you and exit them when you're done ? I could look into adding them if so.

Btw for everyone else, plugin didn't work right til I ran loader as admin.

ExileAPI: Simple Follower Plugin
    Sikaka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AeonClock View Post
    So is the follower supposed to not use portals to enter maps after you and exit them when you're done ? I could look into adding them if so.
    My second character is still in acts so I can't test in mapping but yes it should use portals and map transitions as expected.

For example if I use a town portal and enter it, the follower comes with me, same with going between maps or even using transitions within maps (level 1-2-3, arena, etc). The only thing it shouldn't be able to do currently is use waypoints to follow you.

For mapping, it might fail to enter a map because when you use the portal it vanishes... so the follower cant then use that same portal.

As a temporary fix - try raising the min path distance to something like 300 or even 400 and see if it then follows through portals into maps (again, assuming thats the only time its failing for you). This should let it search for other portals within that distance to use.

AeonClock's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My second character is still in acts so I can't test in mapping but yes it should use portals and map transitions as expected.

For example if I use a town portal and enter it, the follower comes with me, same with going between maps or even using transitions within maps (level 1-2-3, arena, etc). The only thing it shouldn't be able to do currently is use waypoints to follow you.

For mapping, it might fail to enter a map because when you use the portal it vanishes... so the follower cant then use that same portal.

As a temporary fix - try raising the min path distance to something like 300 or even 400 and see if it then follows through portals into maps (again, assuming thats the only time its failing for you). This should let it search for other portals within that distance to use.
    Sadly, no matter what distance I play with, it will just sit next to the portal and do nothing. Sometimes it takes a portal out as soon as I portal it into the map.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, no matter what distance I play with, it will just sit next to the portal and do nothing. Sometimes it takes a portal out as soon as I portal it into the map.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have time to play much during the week (plus suffer tons of packet loss every evening with my ISP) but I'm hoping to finish leveling my newbie this weekend so I should be able to see if I can reproduce the issue on my end.

Just to confirm here...

The issue is it won't enter portals from your hideout into maps?
    If you manually enter the map it then tries to leave the map immediately or does it follow your character?
    How are you using the second character? VMWare Workstation? Is it windowed full screen 1920x1080 or some other resolution?

Just trying to nail down consistency so I'm testing the same ways.

Thanks G/R
    9/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have time to play much during the week (plus suffer tons of packet loss every evening with my ISP) but I'm hoping to finish leveling my newbie this weekend so I should be able to see if I can reproduce the issue on my end.

Just to confirm here...

The issue is it won't enter portals from your hideout into maps?
    If you manually enter the map it then tries to leave the map immediately or does it follow your character?
    How are you using the second character? VMWare Workstation? Is it windowed full screen 1920x1080 or some other resolution?

Just trying to nail down consistency so I'm testing the same ways.
    Other way around, I understand entering maps is more difficult, so I would like it to just exit maps when I open a portal next to it and leave myself. I use Vmware workstation 16 with 1920x1080 windowed. It works pleasantly fine otherwise, thank you for writing it.

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other way around, I understand entering maps is more difficult, so I would like it to just exit maps when I open a portal next to it and leave myself. I use Vmware workstation 16 with 1920x1080 windowed. It works pleasantly fine otherwise, thank you for writing it.

Please try now.

Added functionality that if it tries to use a portal and fails then it will randomly select portals near the original one to try instead (solves entering maps. Strangely even though visually its removed the render name is still there as is the entity?)

Added functionality for the follower to leave maps. Turns out it doesn't add a new portal it moves the original one so it was not updating the positions.

Let me know if it solves your problems.
    Last edited by Sikaka; 02-13-2021 at 01:23 PM.

vlein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was working perfectly after the dash update and the new portal updates broke it. It gets stuck after every screen or so now and when I go back to get it, it gets stuck in the same spot.

Figured it out, it seems to stop following when I suddenly get too far away, before this it would just keep following me no matter how far I have gotten. If i quicksilver or dash away it will stop following for some reason. I tried enabling and disabling the follower dash and it didnt fix it.
    Last edited by vlein; 02-14-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks G/R
    9/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vlein View Post
    It was working perfectly after the dash update and the new portal updates broke it. It gets stuck after every screen or so now and when I go back to get it, it gets stuck in the same spot.

Figured it out, it seems to stop following when I suddenly get too far away, before this it would just keep following me no matter how far I have gotten. If i quicksilver or dash away it will stop following for some reason. I tried enabling and disabling the follower dash and it didnt fix it.
    I increased the follow distance by 2x and it follows fine again, this sucks with an aurabot though.

vlein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i use it with an aura bot i leveled just for the plugin haha, I just reverted back to the very first version and I am good again

Dazon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sikaka,

Plugin only works the wrong way for me:

Works: Main (Follower) - Twink to level (Leader)

I would like to reverse this to: Main (Leader) - Twink to level (Follower)

I am using a desktop pc + a Notebook

Differences i oberserved:

- My Main POE has 2 status text lines, while the twink only got the status text on the right side of the screen

Unbenannt.png

Twink is on 1920x1080 resolution

Any idea?

Are special symbols in names like underlines '_' allowed?

vlein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont need to run it on both characters, not sure if thats giving you issues

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dazon View Post
    Hey Sikaka,

Plugin only works the wrong way for me:

Works: Main (Follower) - Twink to level (Leader)

I would like to reverse this to: Main (Leader) - Twink to level (Follower)

I am using a desktop pc + a Notebook

Differences i oberserved:

- My Main POE has 2 status text lines, while the twink only got the status text on the right side of the screen

Unbenannt.png

Twink is on 1920x1080 resolution

Any idea?

Are special symbols in names like underlines '_' allowed?
    The text on right is what’s important. It’s showing status and path finding. Left is a list of portals it detects. It should update when you enter a map.

Only needs to run on follower not leader. It it doesn’t work please post error log text file so I can see what is making it fail.

As for others with follow issues wanting it to stick closer... I’m not sure what would have changed as it should have only effected portals. I’ll have to do some digging

dansev's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would this work with a 6man party, 1 leader and 5 followers?

And would it be possible to make them return to last checkpoint when leader leaves zone if they die?
    I want them in the map if they die, but I want them to get back to my HO when I go back.

Would features like this be possible to implement? Love what you have done so far!

Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dansev View Post
    How would this work with a 6man party, 1 leader and 5 followers?

And would it be possible to make them return to last checkpoint when leader leaves zone if they die?
    I want them in the map if they die, but I want them to get back to my HO when I go back.

Would features like this be possible to implement? Love what you have done so far!

It shouldn’t matter how many followers. As long as they can see leader they can follow.

Return on death is on my list of priorities. I have terrain pathfinding working already so it would just involve long range waypoints generating a full path, revive logic and returning to map on death logic.

First priority though needs to be having it follow closer/smarter for aura bots which is obviously the key use case many people have.

drekalo_poe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn’t matter how many followers. As long as they can see leader they can follow.

Return on death is on my list of priorities. I have terrain pathfinding working already so it would just involve long range waypoints generating a full path, revive logic and returning to map on death logic.

First priority though needs to be having it follow closer/smarter for aura bots which is obviously the key use case many people have.
    Yeah, agreed. I'll be testing this out this evening with a mana guardian and an aura necro, first leveling, and then doing some basic maps. Will provide feedback in a day or two.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast