26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by deimudda69 View Post
    I have 2 problems. First, the 2.1 version zip file is empty on my end. Dont know if its winrar, but i dont think so. Dont get the archive structur either. A zip in a zip? Strange packing here. Second, if i start the 2.0 version, i get the "Unable to set a message hook on the game" error. Doesnt matter if i start as admin or as limited user.
    Oh - woops. I fixed that, the 2.1 version should now be correctly in the zip file. As for your other issue, what version of the game are you using? Is there anything unusual about your setup, such as using something like Sandboxie or anything like that?

Originally Posted by xerox1223
    Will this be updated for 3.10, and if yes how long do you figure it will take before its usable with 3.10

Thanks
    Yes, I will be updating this right away for 3.10. It likely will work without needing to be updated.

exmap 2.0: Simple and lightweight maphack
    xerox1223's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks for reply maper much appreciated and keep up the amazing work <3

as well "If you are using the popular technique of running Path of Exile as a limited user account, you will need to run exmap with that same user account."

the only issue with this is that you cannot deny permissions to the LimitedUserAccount that PoE runs under.

For example normally you would run poe under a limited user and completely block the PoEHUD from that same user PoE is being run under.

You cant really use the same technique. you can run it as a limited user but you cannot block all permissions like you could PoEHUD from the limited user.
    Last edited by xerox1223; 03-05-2020 at 09:40 AM.

deimudda69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maper View Post
    As for your other issue, what version of the game are you using? Is there anything unusual about your setup, such as using something like Sandboxie or anything like that?
    What Version? The latest, i guess? Dont understand the question. Is there a way to play on an outdated version or downgrade your poe client?

The only "unusual" i could think of is, that i have Intel VT-X activated (x86 virtualization - Wikipedia), cause i run an Emulator, but that function just opens up some command paramaters that would be closed otherwise, but if you say if interups something i can disable it for the league, but i really need that for the emulator to run properly, otherwise it lags like hell.
    Last edited by deimudda69; 03-06-2020 at 12:15 AM.

TehCheat's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What Version? The latest, i guess? Dont understand the question. Is there a way to play on an outdated version or downgrade your poe client?

The only "unusual" i could think of is, that i have Intel VT-X activated (x86 virtualization - Wikipedia), cause i play smarthphone games on an Android Emulator, but that function just opens up some command paramaters that would be closed otherwise, but if you say if interups something i can disable it for the league, but i really need that for the emulator to run properly, otherwise it lags like hell.
    I think he's asking if you're playing on Steam (KaoKao, or TenCent) or the standalone client. That's important to know.

I could see x86 virtualization having the potential to interrupt the hook, try disabling x86 virtualization and see if it works. If not, then there's something else going on.

maper's Avatar Elite User __readgsqword(0x188); CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xerox1223 View Post
    Awesome thanks for reply maper much appreciated and keep up the amazing work <3

as well "If you are using the popular technique of running Path of Exile as a limited user account, you will need to run exmap with that same user account."

the only issue with this is that you cannot deny permissions to the LimitedUserAccount that PoE runs under.

For example normally you would run poe under a limited user and completely block the PoEHUD from that same user PoE is being run under.

You cant really use the same technique. you can run it as a limited user but you cannot block all permissions like you could PoEHUD from the limited user.
    Thank you!

And yep - that's the idea actually. You don't need to restrict permissions as there's no out-of-game artifacts for them to detect. If you don't feel comfortable running it in the same limited user, I think running exmap as administrator would work as well.

Originally Posted by deimudda69

The only "unusual" i could think of is, that i have Intel VT-X activated (x86 virtualization - Wikipedia), cause i play smarthphone games on an Android Emulator, but that function just opens up some command paramaters that would be closed otherwise, but if you say if interups something i can disable it for the league, but i really need that for the emulator to run properly, otherwise it lags like hell.
    Like TehCheat said, I was referring to if you use the standard, Steam, Tencent, KaoKao (or whatever other variations there are) client. Also whether you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Enabling VT-x shouldn't be the culprit since the loading mechanism and the hook will both work with or without virtualization. I also have VT-x enabled.

Thanks G/R
    23/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like TehCheat said, I was referring to if you use the standard, Steam, Tencent, KaoKao (or whatever other variations there are) client. Also whether you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Enabling VT-x shouldn't be the culprit since the loading mechanism and the hook will both work with or without virtualization. I also have VT-x enabled.
    Oh, sorry. I play on standard poe site client 64bit with limited user method win10 64bit 1909.

Edit: Interesting, just started the client without the limited user mehtod from the dictionary and it works. Now i know where the error is.

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:1 /savecred "cmd /C cd /D "D:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/" && PathOfExile_x64.exe"

Thats my shortcut for the game. Is there anything wrong with that it doesnt work or do i have to do something similar with your .exe? Was starting it with admin like you said and shift+click other user, thats why i thought it would be something else.
    Last edited by deimudda69; 03-05-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks G/R
    26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, sorry. I play on standard poe site client 64bit with limited user method win10 64bit 1909.

Edit: Interesting, just started the client without the limited user mehtod from the dictionary and it works. Now i know where the error is.

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:1 /savecred "cmd /C cd /D "D:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/" && PathOfExile_x64.exe"

Thats my shortcut for the game. Is there anything wrong with that it doesnt work or do i have to do something similar with your .exe? Was starting it with admin like you said and shift+click other user, thats why i thought it would be something else.
    That's strange. Have you tried running exmap the same way you run the game, with the same limited user account? I might be wrong about it working if it's run as administrator. To be honest I have not really tested the limited user scenario because I don't use that method myself.

sosujopu's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to find exploit for delve? In order to immediately see the location fossil in map.

Thanks G/R
    23/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's strange. Have you tried running exmap the same way you run the game, with the same limited user account?
    I set it up like the game: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:1 /savecred "cmd /C cd /D "D:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/exmap/" && exmap.exe" but sadly it had no effect. Same error.

Well, would have been a nice addition to poehud, but if i have to give up on the limited user method for it, ill pass. Thanks anyways for your help. Maybe someday it works on my end. Good luck with your project. Excellent work for the 2 mins i used it

fudenciolino's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would it take to run this with the limited user method? It seems much safer tbh.

Thanks G/R
    26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set it up like the game: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:1 /savecred "cmd /C cd /D "D:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/exmap/" && exmap.exe" but sadly it had no effect. Same error.

Well, would have been a nice addition to poehud, but if i have to give up on the limited user method for it, ill pass. Thanks anyways for your help. Maybe someday it works on my end. Good luck with your project. Excellent work for the 2 mins i used it
    Originally Posted by fudenciolino View Post
    What would it take to run this with the limited user method? It seems much safer tbh.
    I've updated the maphack to version 2.2. In this version there is an alternate loading method which should solve the issues some people have had when they're running the game as a limited user. Download the newest version and give it a try to see if it fixes your issue.

You'll need to create a shortcut to the exmap.exe file.

1. Right-click on exmap.exe and click Create shortcut.
    2. Right-click on the newly created shortcut and click Properties.
    3. In the text box that says Target, add -alt after exmap.exe. Example: C:\some\path\exmap.exe -alt.
    4. Save the shortcut.

From now on, you should double-click on this shortcut instead to run the maphack. If you still have trouble after completing these steps, try right clicking and selecting Run as administrator.

12. Thanks deimudda69, fudenciolino, levelmax (3 members gave Thanks to maper for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    23/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've updated the maphack to version 2.2. In this version there is an alternate loading method which should solve the issues some people have had when they're running the game as a limited user.
    First, i want to thank you for your effort. Its hard to find someone nowadays whos willing to solve some niche problems only a few people like me have.

Second, the error is gone. You did it.

Now i have another one

Unable to get the game´s process handle.

Shifting errors is progress too i think

dlr5668's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had same error with 2.2 and -alt. original method when you run maper under limited user works great

SET user="lena"
    SET maphack="C:\portable\maphelper"

cd %maphack%
    RUNAS /env /user:%user% /savecred "exmap.exe"
    github.com/vadash/EZVendor

15. Thanks maper (1 members gave Thanks to dlr5668 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    26/353
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, i want to thank you for your effort. Its hard to find someone nowadays whos willing to solve some niche problems only a few people like me have.

Second, the error is gone. You did it.

Now i have another one

Unable to get the game´s process handle.

Shifting errors is progress too i think
    Have you tried right-clicking on the shortcut and clicking Run as administrator?

17. Thanks deimudda69 (1 members gave Thanks to maper for this useful post)
    fudenciolino's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've updated the maphack to version 2.2. In this version there is an alternate loading method which should solve the issues some people have had when they're running the game as a limited user. Download the newest version and give it a try to see if it fixes your issue.
    Wow that was quick, ty very much.

Edit: got the same error, "Unable to get the game´s process handle." Also tried running as admin.
    Last edited by fudenciolino; 03-06-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast