Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Litty View Post
    Hey,

i denied all access for the limited user. if i shift-right-click and start as limited-user a msg pop up and says i don't have the rights. passw. and user is correct. seems that i miss s.th..

edit: i don't have access to the folder, if i switch to the new user
    Can you give more details of what access you denied? You should deny access only to poeHUD files and run the game as limited user.
    So basically:
    1) Create new standard user
    2) Deny access of poeHUD folders and files
    3) Run the game as the newly created user using shift-right click or shortcut way
    4) Run poeHuD regularly not with limited user.
    Last edited by Garkeon; 12-31-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Run PoE as a limited user
    Litty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it work now, i denied the wrong folder, ty

Rukola_1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shortcut seems to be a little different for everybody to work, my working version is this: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:yourname /savecred "cmd /C cd /D d:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/ && PathOfExile.exe"

-cd /D Path- for changing the drive letter too, the cd command can handle spaces in the path, so " are not necessary, if " are kept at the start and end of the path, it doesn't work for me.

kekenser3's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reports what plugins banned people were using?

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kekenser3 View Post
    Any reports what plugins banned people were using?
    There were reports of bans without any plugins.

belked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    why it does not work for bots? for example Exiled Bot.

Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    148/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a quick question, was wondering if anyone could possibly solve this issue for me.

I've been using the method as per the first post here completely fine since we started doing this "run POE as a Limited User". I've had it running properly no issues at all.

However, today I shifted the program from my primary drive to a new SSD drive (which has been assigned the F drive). After attempting to go through the shortcut editing process again, now I can't get the shortcut to work properly at all.

I had a good read through the instructions to make sure it was all setup correctly & it seems to be, but the shortcut won't execute that first time dos prompt entry of the password for my limited user, so it saves the credentials. I noticed another user here with the same issue as me and they suggested a different shotcut here in this post: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post4000376 (Run PoE as a limited user) - but unfortunately this hasn't worked for me either.

Now I know I have the limited user / password setup correctly, because I can still shift + right click on the PathOfExile_x64.exe / run as different user / enter UN/Password as requested. The game then loads fine being run now under the restricted user account.

So what I'm hoping for is some advice on what text should actually be in my "Target" and "Start In" fields in the new shortcut, to have the game run from my Frive where the game is still installed (It's in the following directory F:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile).

Any help would be really appreciated, especially given the new season starts in less than a week now.

Thanks.

Rukola_1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try the method that works for me a few posts above. You have to use "cd /D" if your cd command includes changing the driveletter.

Target: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Username /savecred "cmd /C cd /D F:/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/ && PathOfExile.exe"
    Start in: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile"

9. Thanks Forumuser1000, sweeb, wwalker (3 members gave Thanks to Rukola_1 for this useful post)
    Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    148/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rukola_1, that shortcut worked perfectly. All I needed to do was change the Username part of the target to the name of my Limited User account and it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much.

jizzus1bc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone give me a tip on how to fix this? https://i.imgur.com/zUolWhT.png

Running hud normally works but when I try to run it on the new user it just throws up that error

jknnnnn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having an issue that the limited user shortcut doesn't allow PoE to detect my loot filters. I notice the "show folder" button in the UI doesn't work in the limited user scenario either. The filters are in both secondary and main users documents. When I open with the main user, my login/password saves, the ui tab shows the folder and even loads the filters. When I open poe logged in to the secondary user it works as well, just not when I use the runas limited user shortcut method... Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? If i run the shortcut method with administrator privileges it throws up a "content ggpk already in use" error.

Dragomitch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jknnnnn View Post
    I'm having an issue that the limited user shortcut doesn't allow PoE to detect my loot filters. I notice the "show folder" button in the UI doesn't work in the limited user scenario either. The filters are in both secondary and main users documents. When I open with the main user, my login/password saves, the ui tab shows the folder and even loads the filters. When I open poe logged in to the secondary user it works as well, just not when I use the runas limited user shortcut method... Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? If i run the shortcut method with administrator privileges it throws up a "content ggpk already in use" error.
    As stated in the first post, you have to put the filters inside the Documents folder of that new user, lets call it BOT, it means that you have to put your filters in C:\Users\BOT\Documents\<YourFilters>

itwistog's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could someone help me set this up on teamviewer or something pm me ur discord if u can getting a bit confused

takasi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6009b34042d47da2f08b69847f669425.png6009b34042d47da2f08b69847f669425.png Why does it not save the settings after the update everything was fine before

sushix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    33/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when running limited user I cannot use my filters. its just shows the default. Only playing normally without limited user the filters shows up just fine. can someone guide me on what i am doing wrong?

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast