Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New temporary app release: 'Updated "1-emitter" rules logic to prevent client crashes'.
    In 3.11 we can't remove 2nd+ emitters but we can reduce their render time to one frame and cut their mesh files. I still hope it's a temporary fix.

Originally Posted by qNxX View Post
    Do you by chance know which file is for Volatile Dead's first "explosion"? The one where the fireballs come flying out of the corpses. Nulling volatile_dead_chaos and volatile_dead_player change the fireballs from Volatile Dead, but didn't remove the splash-explosion effect.
    Well, I have no visible VD explosions using private version so I guess explosions are not particles that's why you can't find such particle files

poeNullEffects - for any PoE version.
  2. Thanks SickBro, dlr5668 (2 members gave Thanks to avs for this useful post)
    anthcho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qNxX View Post
    Hey, thanks for the tool.

Do you by chance know which file is for Volatile Dead's first "explosion"? The one where the fireballs come flying out of the corpses. Nulling volatile_dead_chaos and volatile_dead_player change the fireballs from Volatile Dead, but didn't remove the splash-explosion effect.
    You have to modify those .aoc files under
    ROOT\Metadata\Effects\Spells\monsters_effects\act7\Ralakesh_Totem\alira_volatile _dead

anthcho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by anthcho View Post
    You have to modify those .aoc files under
    ROOT\Metadata\Effects\Spells\monsters_effects\act7\Ralakesh_Totem\alira_volatile _dead
    volatiledead_aoe.aoc to be specific. Remove all the effects from it and make the file look like this

version 2
    extends "Metadata/Parent"

ClientAnimationController
    {
    skeleton = "Art/Models/Effects/monster_effects/act7/Alira/volatile_dead/aliravolatiledead.ast"
    }

SkinMesh
    {
    }

SoundEvents
    {
    }

BoneGroups
    {
    }

ParticleEffects
    {
    }

poe1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could see my cyclone skill while using Rule 2. Rule 2 makes the game so smooth and fast but I can't see any skill animation . It seems that it is possible to activate skill effect but it only works in the paid version.

'' 3.11 patch doesn't allow to apply 1-emitter rules. Please select another one. ''

Sad... :/

avs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poe1993 View Post
    '' 3.11 patch doesn't allow to apply 1-emitter rules. Please select another one. ''
    You can download poeNullEffects_200709_public.zip to use updated rules #3 and #4 .
    I've implemented new 1-emitter logic but imo it's not so good as before. I didn't even mark it as separate release, need to test it first.
    Using rule # 2 is still the best choice - with Except list or/and private options to enable your cyclone or other skills.

//===

Guys, there's a report from some strange russian user claimed his account was banned for poeNullEffects.
    ban . Issue #7 . ajaxvs/poeNullParticles . GitHub
    All my accounts are safe so I want to ask you. Can someone else confirm the ban-wave?
    Last edited by avs; 07-15-2020 at 09:42 AM.

7. Thanks SickBro, poe1993, mesneuar (3 members gave Thanks to avs for this useful post)
    poe1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by avs View Post
    You can download poeNullEffects_200709_public.zip to use updated rules #3 and #4 .
    I've implemented new 1-emitter logic but imo it's not so good as before. I didn't even mark it as separate release, need to test it first.
    Using rule # 2 is still the best choice - with Except list or/and private options to enable your cyclone or other skills.

//===

Guys, there's a report from some strange russian user claimed his account was banned for poeNullEffects.
    ban . Issue #7 . ajaxvs/poeNullParticles . GitHub
    All my accounts are safe so I want to ask you. Can someone else confirm the ban-wave?
    You are a real life saver bro!!!

About the ban I was never banned or anything. When there was a banwave I continued using poehud normally without any problem. I just stopped using it because it only works in win aero and it makes the game a little laggy when I use it.

dlr5668's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am experimenting with blend mode for 2+ emitters

emitters[1] = re.sub(r"""^[\W]*blend_type .*$""",
    r"""\tblend_type AlphaBlend\r""",
    emitters[1],
    flags=re.MULTILINE|re.IGNORECASE|re.VERBOSE)
    Need to test more
    github.com/vadash/EZVendor

10. Thanks Silent_Warrior (1 members gave Thanks to dlr5668 for this useful post)
    avs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I don't understand what's your problem with Bloom. Yes, "Normal" option is awful. But I've played few days with "Slight" option and it was pretty ok.

Imo the problem is not just the Bloom itself but the whole PoE light system. Bloom is fine. It's just designers gone too far trying to make "the grim dark world".

Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone is affected by bloom. Its mostly for light sensitive / астигматизм / glasses (about 10-15% of human population)

Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poe1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can't use null particles. this gives an error message: 04:36:27. nullEffects() Error: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

How to fix this? and I also realized that no matter what level I use 5 or 1 it just removes DeadBodies and shadows. The rest of the particles are in the game. Is that a bug?

Version poeNullEffects_200622_public was Ok about deactivating particles but that didn't let me choose the 5 - 1 options because of emitter rules.
    poeNullEffects_200709_public i can choose any option between 5 and 1 but that does not remove all particles.

version 200709 basically just removes shadows and dead bodies.

avs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poe1993 View Post
    The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
    stackoverflow.com/questions/11434206/visual-studio-unknown-build-error-the-fully-qualified-name-must-be-less-than-26 :
    Originally Posted by Hans Passant
    This is a well-known restriction in the Windows win32 api. The directory in which you stored your project is nested too deep. The full path name of a file cannot contain more than 259 characters. Beyond this, lots of C code that uses MAX_PATH starts failing due to buffer overflows.

Move your solution to another directory, one that's closer to the root.

16. Thanks poe1993 (1 members gave Thanks to avs for this useful post)
    antroxxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by avs View Post
    Hello.

Why:
    I made the first version of poeNullParticles in 2015 (sources are still available on github). That console tool creates thousands of null particle files for Path of Exile. You can import these files to Content.ggpk - some of them or full pack and get a huge performance boost.
    Later vmv created PoeSmoother based on VisualGGPK and poeNullParticles. Then he renamed poeNullParticles.exe to zeroParticles.exe. Then he removed my .exe from his project. Later he made PoeSmoother a paid app. Since then we havn't seen a free GUI application to disable all PoE particle effects. Until now.
    PoE 3.1 has 9000+ particle files. It's pretty difficult to null them every patch using VisualGGPK. So I created a new application based on my old one. "Zero Particles" method was released to public as a free option for some reasons and nothing has been changed.

What:
    poeNullEffects is a standalone GUI program. It can disable particles & effects in any version of Path of Exile.
    You launch this app, click the button and it does all work by itself - in any PoE patch. It will find new effects and remove it if you want (check all features in all tabs) in any PoE league.

Particles window: https://i.imgur.com/qGODH9y.png
    Effects window: https://i.imgur.com/nIv4i57.png
    GGPK Search window: https://i.imgur.com/TRqqgNT.png

Where:
    Releases * ajaxvs/poeNullParticles * GitHub

HowTo:
    any chance of an update?

tvinki's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/18
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this new big patch broke it

Sorum's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it will be ressurected, game without nulleffects is like effects garbage. Please save us from it!

20. Thanks genarte (1 members gave Thanks to Sorum for this useful post)
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425 ... LastLast