Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do i turn effects and sounds back on? I disabled just for testing, but every time i turn program on everything is unchecked, i check and uncheck, then close program but it doesn't turn it back on

PoeSmoother - effects remover
    vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fatelessguy View Post
    How do i turn effects and sounds back on? I disabled just for testing, but every time i turn program on everything is unchecked, i check and uncheck, then close program but it doesn't turn it back on
    I have added an option(button) to reset all options to default (original game files)...in the latest release.
    Last edited by vmv; 01-13-2016 at 05:02 AM.

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest release : https://github.com/vmv/PoeSmoother/releases

- Disable Extra Gore is now available.

4. Thanks datz, Yureai (2 members gave Thanks to vmv for this useful post)
    axxxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for this tool man, MUCH needed!

Debordes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thank you for the tool, just have a small question. I'm trying to disable everything associated with Lightning Arrow, is the effect that is cast on impact by Lighting Arrow named something else? I tried editing everything I could think of in the LA pet file, unless maybe the impact effect has to do with the scatter_cone_size variable?

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Debordes View Post
    Hey thank you for the tool, just have a small question. I'm trying to disable everything associated with Lightning Arrow, is the effect that is cast on impact by Lighting Arrow named something else? I tried editing everything I could think of in the LA pet file, unless maybe the impact effect has to do with the scatter_cone_size variable?
    There is one more part of the skill effects...the structure of the skill as how i understand it. And this is on Metadata\\Effects\\Spells\\lightning_arrows\\explode.aoc
    Remove what's inside the SkinMesh function and see how it goes.
    You can empty all SkinMesh from all 3 .aoc files from there...: rig.aoc, small_beams.aoc. Test and see how the skill looks like after that.
    Remember to remove only what's inside the accolades and not the SkinMesh completely. This will cause the game to throw an error.
    Last edited by vmv; 01-15-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Debordes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vmv View Post
    There is one more part of the skill effects...the structure of the skill as how i understand it. And this is on Metadata\\Effects\\Spells\\lightning_arrows\\explode.aoc
    Remove what's inside the SkinMesh function and see how it goes.
    You can empty all SkinMesh from all 3 .aoc files from there...: rig.aoc, small_beams.aoc. Test and see how the skill looks like after that.
    Remember to remove only what's inside the accolades and not the SkinMesh completely. This will cause the game to throw an error.
    Thank you that did it! I must say this tool is simply amazing...for some reason PoE does not agree with my PC all too much, and this tool by itself just increased how many builds I can do many times over.

Again, thank you so much.

Prolif's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi awesome tool is there any way to reduce Blade Vortex particles to the very low settings? if so could you give me some instructions because I can't find anything with " Blade Vortex " inside this tool. Maybe it's named something else then Blade vortex?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Prolif; 01-17-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Nicholas Harris Labonte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @vmv to the creator. tyvm for this program... herald of ice would cause so much freezing up so it helped quite a bit.

suggestion/request: reduction of the common abilities of cast on crit due to there almost always being a cast on crit in a party and arctic breath i feel being the main problem.. tho lightning ball might be too. i cant tell because both go at the same time. but i do notice i drop frames quite a bit when im struck and my cast on dmg taken arctic breath activates... maybe set to all you see is the ice from under them glide across the floor? i have no clue how far the edits can go but... it does seem to be a well worth and common edit for most people who like to party (much like those who had to deal with discharge cyclones)

i feel its also necessary to mention this incase it is related. ever since the edits, ive had random points where the game would randomly lock up and give the "program has unexpectedly stopped working" and i have to debug or close. now i dont know if its my laptop dying OR if its an edit i chose, but seeing as i think im the only one mentioning this... its probably a me problem x.x
    Last edited by Nicholas Harris Labonte; 01-17-2016 at 09:05 AM.

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Prolif View Post
    Hi awesome tool is there any way to reduce Blade Vortex particles to the very low settings? if so could you give me some instructions because I can't find anything with " Blade Vortex " inside this tool. Maybe it's named something else then Blade vortex?

Thanks in advance.
    Most probably is Blade Flurry.
    You must look first to the base of the effects : Metadata/Effects/Spells/blade_flurry/rig.aoc -> and here just empty the SkinMesh, and see how it goes.
    The second path is for the particles used for the base effects : Metadata/Particles/blade_flurry -> and here for all three .pet files, just set to 0 the effects i described on the first page mini-tutorial.

Originally Posted by Nicholas Harris Labonte View Post
    @vmv to the creator. tyvm for this program... herald of ice would cause so much freezing up so it helped quite a bit.

suggestion/request: reduction of the common abilities of cast on crit due to there almost always being a cast on crit in a party and arctic breath i feel being the main problem.. tho lightning ball might be too. i cant tell because both go at the same time. but i do notice i drop frames quite a bit when im struck and my cast on dmg taken arctic breath activates... maybe set to all you see is the ice from under them glide across the floor? i have no clue how far the edits can go but... it does seem to be a well worth and common edit for most people who like to party (much like those who had to deal with discharge cyclones)

i feel its also necessary to mention this incase it is related. ever since the edits, ive had random points where the game would randomly lock up and give the "program has unexpectedly stopped working" and i have to debug or close. now i dont know if its my laptop dying OR if its an edit i chose, but seeing as i think im the only one mentioning this... its probably a me problem x.x
    Yes, i was thought about that, but you know this will imply to make the tool more advanced with separated folders for each type of effect...sounds/particles/rain/ground/,...and a big one for skills...where i could put the most heavy graphic skills and let the users modify them (). But this requires a bit of better knowledge of programming, which i don't have.
    I dunno, my head is spinning of so many possibilities...but i feel like i'm handicapped when my brain refuses to understand this C#...or any other language...))
    I will see what can be done,

Ty,

Prolif's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I followed your instructions from main post. I tried to do exactly everything you said. I'm not sold on that Blade flurry is Blade vortex.
    I tried dancing daggers aswell with no luck. Could you please investigate this?

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Prolif View Post
    Thanks I followed your instructions from main post. I tried to do exactly everything you said. I'm not sold on that Blade flurry is Blade vortex.
    I tried dancing daggers aswell with no luck. Could you please investigate this?
    I just did...and you are right, the skill is dancing_daggers. I just disabled the sounds from it for testing purpose.
    So, like before : Metadata/Effects/Spells/dancing_daggers...and from every .aoc file you need to remove the content of SkinMesh :
    PHP Code:
    SkinMesh
    {

....and ofc, replace the files with your work.
    Save the original folders somewhere to have a back up.

And on Metadata/Particles/dancing_daggers....just put 0 value on all 3 .pet files.

The skill now should be completely disabled....
    After that, just add them back gradually..and test the skill until has 0 lag and looks cool .

Happy testing,
    Last edited by vmv; 01-17-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Prolif's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks managed to get it to work.
    Although I didnt want to remove the Skill totally, I tried all values in pet file on 0 and 0.1 to see if it helped. Did not seem to reduce the effects at all.
    Worked on other skills then Blade Vortex to reduce the effects, Maybe there's something more then the particle duration , is infinite and emitter duration that has to be edited for this skill only?

Then I removed the Skinmesh ofc the skill was totally invisible.

Since there are 9 .aoc files for this skill is it ok to keep the original Skinmesh line for a few files instead of removing them all, to remove parts of the skill?
    Last edited by Prolif; 01-18-2016 at 03:11 PM.

polo2005's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats GGG stance on 3rd party programs such as this that doesn't have any real benefit over other players beside better performance? aka does this break any specific rule like its not allowed to edit gamefiles?

also how do you make the program not enter in read-only?
    Last edited by polo2005; 01-19-2016 at 05:40 AM.

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by polo2005 View Post
    Whats GGG stance on 3rd party programs such as this that doesn't have any real benefit over other players beside better performance? aka does this break any specific rule like its not allowed to edit gamefiles?

also how do you make the program not enter in read-only?
    Can you play the game if you have this :

- Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600.
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti.
    - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800).
    - SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA-III 2.5 inch.

....................without problems, lag, graphic lag, fps variations down to a mere 5, GPU screaming from an excessive heat (75++Celsius)...with your friends in party, ....
    can you play this game even with a MONSTER rig ....and not having this headaches .... ?!???!?!

I doubt that. Even with a monster rig, the game refuses to run flawlessly, like other much more resource demanding games.

This tool should be used to ADD more effects to the game...not to remove them...

But because GGG is slow on improving the core ...we do what we can to have a pleasant game experience.
    If they ban this tool...lol, i have 0 words to say.

Probably i will just say... "fuk this game"...and goodbye.

-- close the game if you want to edit anything...then restart the tool.

17. Thanks SickBro, Parog (2 members gave Thanks to vmv for this useful post)