Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Investigating creating an MTX Swapper Program

Hi

New here, but i have started looking into creating a program to swap between all official MTX's but i'm running into a few issues

I've already looked at this thread: http:///forums/mmo/path-of-exile/poe...tool-mods.html

I know we can swap contents of .ao and .aoc files for many of them. But there are some, like flame_dash, where the original effect only has:

"flame_dash.ao"
    "flame_dash.aoc"

The Nightfall version has many more files:

"beam_front.pet"
    "beam_line.pet"
    "beam_start.pet"
    "beam_start_end.pet"
    "burn_cyl.pet"
    "burn_line.pet"
    "ground_burn.ao"
    "ground_burn.aoc"
    "ignite.epk"
    "ignite.pet"
    "Nightfall_Flamedash.ao"
    "Nightfall_Flamedash.aoc"
    "player.epk"
    "surge.ao"
    "surge.aoc"

I can find references in some of the "ao" and "aoc" files to some of them, but can't find anywhere where "ground_burn.ao" or "ground_burn_aoc" are referenced, so i was hoping someone might have an idea as to how this works?

Investigating creating an MTX Swapper Program
    EthEth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    57/38
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warning from experienced Bot's / Hack's tester (ExileBot, other PoE Tools). You should consider the risk of ban for using your tool, so your work will not got to waste and people don't go for your head because of bans.

Hacks can be divided into following categories when we look at how hack integrates with the game:
    1. We don't send info to the game, we don't read game memory, we get info from player's input (simple macros) or reading screen (pixel search or other similar)
    Example: AutoHotKey macros that press buttons when you press one button or scripts that use pixelsearch / imagesearch to get info about flask states or life/mana/es then fire potions.
    Detection: fairy low - we don't write to the game nor send complex instructions, we don't even read games memory; can get you banned if you spam buttons in a weird manner

2. We don't send info to the game, we read game memory, we get game state directly from game memory. In this case we read memory and present additional info (radar, monster healthbars) drawing it on the game screen. We also press buttons with some logic (autopotion), but there is no complex logic that automates whole game.
    Examples: GameHelper, ExileAPI
    Detection: low to medium; if run as an admin (when game is run as user without admin rights) it goes with low risk if you don't overdo it (use simple addons working around presenting info instead of doing things for you); still - we had cases when people got banned

3. We don't send info to the game, we read game memory, we automate playing the game. Here goes bots with heavy logic that automate player<->game interactions. We can do simple trade, get follower bot or complete bot farmer.
    Examples: ExileBot
    Detection: medium - high; even if run as admin there is always a risk, in the long run, if you don't use some camuflage techniques, you will get banned. Detecting patterns is what machines are best at and there is real possibility that GGG was mechanisms to detect botting

4. We modify game data. Here goes more aggressive hacks - from obvious memory modification using Cheat Engine, thought Content.ggpk manipulation, with network packages modification.
    Example: EffectsRemover (modifies Content.ggpk)
    Detection: for some time it was medium - high, around patch ~2.x got to high - very high

How I test things:
    1. Many accounts, virtual machine, VPN
    2. Play using ONLY one tool and/or class of tools
    3. Observe after how much playtime I get banned / warned
    4. Try different scenario (eg: using tools / bots AFTER finishing campaign)

As I understand, your tool would modify memory / game data to achieve mtx effects that would be visible only for player, correct? In that case, it would probably fall into category no 4. One of the biggest ban/warn waves that occured in PoE and wasn't connected to bots hit people using tools that "mod" game visuals / memory. I've lost / got warning on accounts that were using ONLY GameEffectRemover. So be warned that there is the risk and your work, even done carefully and with professional edge, can get people banned (which will make your tool dead).

Consider reading threads about this tools:
    poeNullEffects - for any PoE version.
    PoeSmoother - effects remover
    Last edited by EthEth; 12-03-2023 at 09:31 AM.

vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like, generalizing crap ... "using ONLY GameEffectRemover."
    Did you used PoeSmoother ONLY, and you have been banned .?
    Or nuller ?
    You talk shit.
    There was never a ban hammer for using "modified ggpk.".
    Never.
    "Education isn't something you can finish." Isaac Asimov

4. Thanks camapxam (1 members gave Thanks to vmv for this useful post)
    EthEth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    57/38
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back then I run tests with over 10 clean accounts (I know, low count, but who is ever testing it in the first place?). One account = one tool. In my case there were 3 tests regarding "effect removing" tools, so 3 accounts. One got banned, two got warnings. For me it is a sign of GGG being able to detect usage of tools like that.

But, to be honest, my testing setup wasn't that great:
    - VPN to have different IP / location,
    - Virtual machine,
    - Run PoE as user, run tool as admin,
    - fresh accounts played manually until yellow maps
    - no interactions with other players / accounts
    - (due to manual playing the game) low testing data count

BUT, because you can't trust creator of the tool that he will test and share testing results with the users (customers?), my testing was only form of user testing.

Also - this is only my opinion. You, as a valuable and experienced member of community, working in the PoE modding field, are also an important source of answers on this topic.