Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Displaying Monster Name (their unique name)

I'm wondering if there is a way to display the name of a monster. I have been able to surface the type name of the monster, but not the actual name itself. I've been looking through all the open source projects and even Elitebar just uses the type name. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm using Exile Core Entity object to get the RenderName. Obviously this is not what I'm looking for

What I want is: Dryjowls
    But what I get is stuff like: Spectral Corsair

Here's what I mean:
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

EDIT: Sorry if I am not describing this well. My goal here is to tie monster mods to the monster names I encountered, so I that when I encounter a -touched AN, I can look at the name, look at my debug list, and see what mods it has. Right now I print out a bunch of debug information when I encounter an AN. Having the actual name would save me some time :P

EDIT x 2 : Also I'm not sure if this is the right place to post questions like this. Maybe there's a discord for devs? If anyone can redirect me to the best place to ask simple questions like this, let me know! Thanks again!
    Last edited by thecorinthian; 09-09-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Displaying Monster Name (their unique name)
    GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what you are looking for would be available in `ObjectMagicProperties` component.
    I am interested in the little project of yours, (if you want) PM me if you find something useful.
    If I did not reply to you, it mean the question you are asking is stupid.

thecorinthian's Avatar Site Donator

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GameHelper View Post
    what you are looking for would be available in `ObjectMagicProperties` component.
    I am interested in the little project of yours, (if you want) PM me if you find something useful.
    Hmm, the monster name is there? I know that's where the mod list is (which I already have). I'll take another look.

EDIT: Oh maybe you meant the offsets, I'll check that too. Thanks!
    Last edited by thecorinthian; 09-09-2022 at 09:51 AM.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://i.ibb.co/9Zprgrd/Untitled.png

ObjectMagicProperties -> 0x20 -> (it's an array)

each row of that array have this structure (ExileApi-1/ModsAndObjectMagicProperties.cs at master . SquirrelRat/ExileApi-1 . GitHub)

For more info read: ExileApi-1/ModsAndObjectMagicProperties.cs at master . SquirrelRat/ExileApi-1 . GitHub and follow "WordsPtr"
    (even though I created these files 5 years ago, some of them are still valid).

sorry, can't explain better than that.

ALSO NOTE: as far as I am aware, these names are randomly generated (Similar to how rare item names are randomly generated) so they are gonna be useless.

Actually fun fact: Item Mods component and monster ObjectMagicProperties component is one and the same structure with just 0x10 bytes difference.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 09-09-2022 at 10:01 AM.
    If I did not reply to you, it mean the question you are asking is stupid.

5. Thanks thecorinthian (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GameHelper View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/9Zprgrd/Untitled.png

ObjectMagicProperties -> 0x20 -> (it's an array)

each row of that array have this structure (ExileApi-1/ModsAndObjectMagicProperties.cs at master . SquirrelRat/ExileApi-1 . GitHub)

For more info read: ExileApi-1/ModsAndObjectMagicProperties.cs at master . SquirrelRat/ExileApi-1 . GitHub and follow "WordsPtr"
    (even though I created these files 5 years ago, some of them are still valid).

sorry, can't explain better than that.

ALSO NOTE: as far as I am aware, these names are randomly generated (Similar to how rare item names are randomly generated) so they are gonna be useless.

Actually fun fact: Item Mods component and monster ObjectMagicProperties component is one and the same structure with just 0x10 bytes difference.
    Ah I follow, I was looking at just ObjectMagicProperties.cs. Thank you!

and yes, I know the names are randomly generated and for the most part useless. They are just to help me visually track the monster I saw, with the mod names it has, and with the mod names we see in code. Sometimes I run into several rares at the same time and I mapping the mod names I see in my logs to the actual monster I see on my screen is annoying ha. Once I figure this part out, I won't actually care about the RNG names

7. Thanks GameHelper (1 members gave Thanks to thecorinthian for this useful post)
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thecorinthian View Post
    Ah I follow, I was looking at just ObjectMagicProperties.cs. Thank you!

and yes, I know the names are randomly generated and for the most part useless. They are just to help me visually track the monster I saw, with the mod names it has, and with the mod names we see in code. Sometimes I run into several rares at the same time and I mapping the mod names I see in my logs to the actual monster I see on my screen is annoying ha. Once I figure this part out, I won't actually care about the RNG names
    Instead of learning names on the fly, perhaps draw icons on rare mobs to indicate mods of interest.

9. Thanks thecorinthian (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Instead of learning names on the fly, perhaps draw icons on rare mobs to indicate mods of interest.
    that's clever, I'm gonna steal this hehe!

VioletVibes's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/56
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thecorinthian View Post
    that's clever, I'm gonna steal this hehe!
    What about using sounds to indicate something of interest (could be custom ones, or filter ones, etc)? Audiovisual cues is something I use a lot when trying to draw my attention towards something specific as I found having multiple things besides just a string/icon being more effective.

12. Thanks thecorinthian (1 members gave Thanks to VioletVibes for this useful post)

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VioletVibes View Post
    What about using sounds to indicate something of interest (could be custom ones, or filter ones, etc)? Audiovisual cues is something I use a lot when trying to draw my attention towards something specific as I found having multiple things besides just a string/icon being more effective.
    Yeah I added some audio alerts! Thanks for the good idea