0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About HUD, I need your help!

Hello, developers, I'm from China. I'm an ordinary Poe player. I was lucky to get in touch with HUD. After I fully understood it, I found that there are similar HUDs in China. People carry them and translate them in Chinese, but they are not free. The price of this kind of HUD costs $21 a week. I want to learn HUD and try to translate it, But I don't have the foundation of program development. I want to learn about HUD development and try to translate it, but I will let more people contact HUD on the principle of free. For this, I can spend some money to try to learn how to translate HUD. The picture is the Chinese version of HUD, but they are encrypted, And I won't pay the money to get the HUD version. I want to study by myself. If anyone is willing to help me, please leave a message and wish you a good day!

Oh, by the way, what's interesting is that we named the paid version of HUD Fendi.:P微笑:
    QQ截图20220308174748.png

About HUD, I need your help!
  2. Thanks HugKitten (1 members gave Thanks to MaryJin for this useful post)
    HugKitten's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/55
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd start by learning a bit of the C# programming language. It never hurts to understand the underlining programming language behind the program you're working on. As for full support in translating things, it would be a time consuming process that would likely require us to retrofit the cheat program with its own strings XML/JSON table. What their cheat program does is probably substitute the English text for their Chinese translated counter parts.

I'd suggest downloading visual studios here and the ExileAPI source code here and trying to translate the English strings with Chinese strings. Watch videos on Git and why it's important for the development process and learn how to manage your own repository so that you can manage your own version of ExileAPI with a Chinese version.

Remember to keep backups of your code, as git is often confusing to new comers and it's easy to accidently revert your code to a previous state if you are new to using it. I've PMed you my Discord account and if you have any questions you can ask me there. I know a bit of Mandarin Chinese, so feel free to respond in Chinese if you feel it would help get your point across better.
    Last edited by HugKitten; 03-08-2022 at 01:57 PM.

4. Thanks Sychotix (1 members gave Thanks to HugKitten for this useful post)
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what HugKitten says, I would recommend doing these changes in a public fork. You'll have some pretty big redesigns to do for translating all of HUD... not to mention translating each plugin. If you keep the fork in sync, you can even create a pull request to get it in the main code.

MaryJin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your help. I have learned some opinions about this. I intend to learn from the beginning.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2200
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ->Hello, developers, I'm from China. I'm an ordinary Poe player. I was lucky to get in touch with HUD. After I fully understood it, I found that there are similar HUDs in China.

i am gonna assume you play on tencent server. Keep in mind they have some kind of Anti-Cheat, so it won't be 1 to 1 translation.
    A good HUD would have to figure out a way to bypass the anti-cheat mechanisms.
    If I did not reply to you, it mean the question you are asking is stupid.

8. Thanks Sychotix (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GameHelper View Post
    ->Hello, developers, I'm from China. I'm an ordinary Poe player. I was lucky to get in touch with HUD. After I fully understood it, I found that there are similar HUDs in China.

i am gonna assume you play on tencent server. Keep in mind they have some kind of Anti-Cheat, so it won't be 1 to 1 translation.
    A good HUD would have to figure out a way to bypass the anti-cheat mechanisms.
    That by itself could be worth paying a subscription price. The public HUD (and I'd also guess GameHelper) aren't aimed at bypassing their anticheat.

10. Thanks GameHelper (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)