Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static pointer/offset for experience

Hi all!
    I've been at this for weeks. I've gotten stuck in offset loops in cheat engine, where the offset for the experience will be 0x00, 0x98, 0x1C, then start looping back to 00. There's another offset path that leads to a deadend. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't find my way out of that offset loop, or the static addresses to save my life.

What am I missing? Can anyone help me, or point me in the right direction?

Static pointer/offset for experience
    pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you still need help with this, your best bet is to understand the component system the game uses first. Check out ExileAPI for that, as you'll be able to pull the player's experience from the Player component as referenced here: ExileApi/Player.cs at ed3106e965b512dc71d9ea0d314f199107ddd70c . Queuete/ExileApi . GitHub

Basically, you'd get the pointer to the player, load the component name to index map from its base type, then associate it's component pointers by index using that map to know which pointer is which, then access the specific component at whatever offset to get the data you need.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2199
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
    If you still need help with this, your best bet is to understand the component system the game uses first. Check out ExileAPI for that, as you'll be able to pull the player's experience from the Player component as referenced here: ExileApi/Player.cs at ed3106e965b512dc71d9ea0d314f199107ddd70c . Queuete/ExileApi . GitHub

Basically, you'd get the pointer to the player, load the component name to index map from its base type, then associate it's component pointers by index using that map to know which pointer is which, then access the specific component at whatever offset to get the data you need.
    I don't know if it was him or someone else but as far as I remember ( & someone was asking this on reddit) they don't want to use exile-api or add-100-offsets just to get player experience. What they were looking for was a simple static pointer that lead directly to the player experience.

milkmilk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaafar View Post
    I don't know if it was him or someone else but as far as I remember ( & someone was asking this on reddit) they don't want to use exile-api or add-100-offsets just to get player experience. What they were looking for was a simple static pointer that lead directly to the player experience.
    That definitely wasn't me, but you are right. I'm trying not to use ExileAPI. ALthough, the link that pushedx provided does show the offset for the experience. So it gave me a starting point I suppoe.

XianPoE's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesn't likely exist, just like any other stat.. why would they (when coding the game) need to create a static pointer to the local player's health specifically?
    selling private PoE programs
    thank you mister president

milkmilk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But exileAPI has the static ooffset (17C I think) .I just haven't been able to trace it to the static entity list address in exileAPI.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by milkmilk View Post
    But exileAPI has the static ooffset (17C I think) .I just haven't been able to trace it to the static entity list address in exileAPI.
    Like Xian said, I don't know if there would be a static path at all. Right off the bat, there is the game state map which I would assume has no guaranteed order. I think health is even part of the component list of the player... all sorts of dynamic pointers in the list.