0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showing zone doors via maphack

Does anyone know how to be able to see the zone doors via the map hack or in any other way ?

Showing zone doors via maphack
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, the data exists in memory for you to read into if you want to go digging. Pushedx has some great posts that could get you started.

natemiddleman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zone doors are entities which will have AreaTransition and Positioned components. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with maphack, exileapi or poeahk to write plugins for them so I can not tell you exactly how to implement what you want.

pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by natemiddleman View Post
    Zone doors are entities which will have AreaTransition and Positioned components.
    This is true, which means they are server sided objects that get sent to the client. Unless you go within spawn radius of them, you'll never know where the objects are exactly in most cases.

In the past, the area transition overlay was a part of the minimap itself, so when you revealed the minimap, you could see where the area transitions were. That was "fixed", so the area transition overlays are now icons that get shown once your client has the object from the server. This means if you use a maphack, you'll be able to see the map layout, but not where any transitions are unless you're familiar with the area layouts and know where they spawn

The workaround that allows you to "guess" where the area transitions are in most cases is to use the terrain ground tile data to look for unique ground models used. These models are usually area transition specific, so if you associate which models are used for what transitions, you can know where things like waypoints, area transitions, and quest objects spawn in a map without the server having sent it to you. This static approach has worked since the start of the game, but the models have changed over time due to content updates and whatnot, so you have to do some work to keep it working long term.

I'm not aware of any code in the public apis that process this information though, and I don't think I've posted any code snippets of it recently as the underlying system does seem to change maybe once every few years or so. The system changed quite a bit in May 2020, and then it got another recent change in January of this year. The concepts are the same, just the memory reading you have to do to find the information changed

Just as an example of what you can do with it: Screenshot - 27f191893048264d4df38fecb3a7a561 - Gyazo

The green tile was where a static waypoint was detected, which currently has a model of "Art/Models/Terrain/RuinedTempleForestDungeon/tgms/templeruinforest_waypoint_v01_01.tgm"

The light red tiles were where static area transitions were detected:
    Chamber of Sins Level 2: Art/Models/Terrain/RuinedTempleForestDungeon/tgms/templeruinforest_exit_down_v01_01_c2r3.tgm
    Crossroads: Art/Models/Terrain/RuinedTempleForestDungeon/tgms/templeruinforest_entrance_v01_01_c1r1.tgm

In some areas, terrin models are reused, so you have to do things like check which area you're in, and then "guess" the right area transition based on whatever models are used for that area. There's no real consistency in the system either. Going from Crossroads -> Chamber of Sins Level 1: "Art/Models/Terrain/Forest/areatransitions/tgms/temple_entrance_v01_01_c2r6.tgm"

Notice how the model path is an areatransition, but the two above are not. If you do use a system like this, you'll have to go through area by area getting the data and working around any issues. A few areas have area transitions that can't be detected correctly, due to model reuse and name inconsistency, but other than that, the system works pretty well. In the past, it did work a bit better but it's still usable

This post is just to let you know it can be done, but you'll need someone to reverse the system. The starting point as of 3.13.2.2 is the vector at LocalData + 0x798 (LocalData as in the struct where the current TerrainData is found). That's the tile models vector, so if someone starts there and reverses everything through that, they should end up with a usable system as I've described.

natemiddleman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always love reading your posts pushedx

laozeixp@qq.com's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to relate with coordinate.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    454/2198
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a coincidence, I am currently working on this as well. I will share the structure information of data around `LocalData + 0x798` area.
    However, I will be playing the game on Friday (for 1 month) so don't expect anything for first 1 month of the league.