6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modify minimap reveal through VisualGGPK

Can anyone share thoughts on how to reveal minimap editing through VisualGGPK?

Modify minimap reveal through VisualGGPK
    pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this is possible by editing "WorldAreas.dat"
    There's a flag for each area that controls whether or not the minimap is fully revealed
    If you were to go through and set that flag for each area, the game would then show the minimap as being revealed

You can also achieve this through memory/client modifications, but you've asked for the ggpk modification approach

Here's the reference point for the current 3.13.1.9 client that just updated tonight: Screenshot - 680e2e9e8d708cbc50a9480bfe1a0a46 - Gyazo
    You would have to go through and hex edit offset 0xCB of each WorldAreas entry with the 4-byte int value of 2 to achieve the minimap reveal
    Each WorldAreas entry is currently 0x2C0 bytes, and the size of this struct tends to change each major update, so you'll have regular work to do
    .dat files have a specific but simple file format as well, so I'm just generally telling you what to do, there's more work involved to actually do it

So, I'll leave the specifics of editing the dat file itself to you, as this method is pretty cumbersome and takes a bit of effort vs trying to just modify memory or the client itself.
    I at least wanted to show you the method is possible though and how you can make it work.
    GGPK file modification since the filesystem change is pretty inconvenient though, but still possible if you're willing to jump through the extra hoops.

3. Thanks poemain02 (1 members gave Thanks to pushedx for this useful post)
    poemain02's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
    Yes, this is possible by editing "WorldAreas.dat"
    There's a flag for each area that controls whether or not the minimap is fully revealed
    If you were to go through and set that flag for each area, the game would then show the minimap as being revealed

You can also achieve this through memory/client modifications, but you've asked for the ggpk modification approach

Here's the reference point for the current 3.13.1.9 client that just updated tonight: Screenshot - 680e2e9e8d708cbc50a9480bfe1a0a46 - Gyazo
    You would have to go through and hex edit offset 0xCB of each WorldAreas entry with the 4-byte int value of 2 to achieve the minimap reveal
    Each WorldAreas entry is currently 0x2C0 bytes, and the size of this struct tends to change each major update, so you'll have regular work to do
    .dat files have a specific but simple file format as well, so I'm just generally telling you what to do, there's more work involved to actually do it

So, I'll leave the specifics of editing the dat file itself to you, as this method is pretty cumbersome and takes a bit of effort vs trying to just modify memory or the client itself.
    I at least wanted to show you the method is possible though and how you can make it work.
    GGPK file modification since the filesystem change is pretty inconvenient though, but still possible if you're willing to jump through the extra hoops.
    Seems hard for me editing through visualGGPK
    I would like to try it on debugger.
    How do I jump to specific address like you've shown on the picture?

pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image is relative to the code base, not image base, so you would:
    - Find the game's image base
    - Added 0x1000 to get to the code base (this is just a quick and dirty way, there's a real way to get code base, but in the vast majority of the time the system should map it this way)
    - Add the relative offset from my image, so in this case, + 0x67854F

And to give an example:
    - My image base is: 0x7FF7D4CD0000
    - Add 0x1000 to get to code base = 0x7FF7D4CD1000 (this is the address you'll see at the top of the code section in x64dbg when you're in the PoE client module itself)
    - Added 0x67854F to get to the section of code shown: 0x7FF7D4CD1000 + 0x67854F = 7FF7D534954F

Which puts you here: Screenshot - df3c6370231af2726809c2aebf085faf - Gyazo

CTRL + G in x64dbg to go to an address

Physically modifying the code section like that is trivial for them to detect though, so you would ideally want to find a more clever way to do the changes in a different, non-public way to avoid getting banned