Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the best ways to transfer currency without causing suspicion?

1. Guild stash transfer seemed like the best way but about a year ago the developer added a guild stash log. So that seems like it could be easily tracked now.

2. If I drop many stacks of 10 exalts on the ground in a map/campaign/Mine. Do you think that would be possible for the developer to see? And which area would be the best to do it in?

3. Using trade window to trade many exalts with the same accounts seems pretty suspicious, even if putting a rare item in each trade.

Or any other options I didn't list? And any of these that are the worst option?
    Last edited by PoEFarming; 02-09-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Sikaka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From GOGs standpoint they are all the same. Trading vs dropping... you're still gonna be in the same party and the items are still being given from player A to B so as far as the logs are concerned it will look the same (although dropping on ground to me sounds more suspicious lol).

The best way would be to perform realistic but skewed trades or scam your other character. Only really feasible by bots though.
    For example list items for sale at above (but still within reason) market price. Bot buyer searches, whispers, teams, trades from yourself etc and you've now laundered the difference between market value and what was paid.
    Only really feasible if you got lots of characters and the trades are automated though as you'd have to perform a LOT of trades. It also assumes the final use of the currency such as RMT is going to have the end character banned as the final trade can't really be hidden.

PoEFarming's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sikaka View Post
    From GOGs standpoint they are all the same. Trading vs dropping... you're still gonna be in the same party and the items are still being given from player A to B so as far as the logs are concerned it will look the same (although dropping on ground to me sounds more suspicious lol).

The best way would be to perform realistic but skewed trades or scam your other character. Only really feasible by bots though.
    For example list items for sale at above (but still within reason) market price. Bot buyer searches, whispers, teams, trades from yourself etc and you've now laundered the difference between market value and what was paid.
    Only really feasible if you got lots of characters and the trades are automated though as you'd have to perform a LOT of trades. It also assumes the final use of the currency such as RMT is going to have the end character banned as the final trade can't really be hidden.
    Well.. I could make a public party, go into the same campaign area/map/azurite mine/menagerie (not sure which would be best), then leave the party and drop the stacks of 10 exalted orbs on the ground, this seems pretty good unless the developer tracks every item that a player drops. A stack of 10 exalted orbs would not drop normally from a monster so if they do have a way to see this it would be obvious.

Or not even make a party, join the same town and trade the exalted orbs between player A and B, but that would still create a trade log.

Sikaka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/32
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PoEFarming View Post
    Well.. I could make a public party, go into the same campaign area/map/azurite mine/menagerie (not sure which would be best), then leave the party and drop the stacks of 10 exalted orbs on the ground, this seems pretty good unless the developer tracks every item that a player drops. A stack of 10 exalted orbs would not drop normally from a monster so if they do have a way to see this it would be obvious.

Or not even make a party, join the same town and trade the exalted orbs between player A and B, but that would still create a trade log.

Any dev would track ownership changes of all items.

If you place an item on the ground, its recorded.
    If a player picks up the item you place on the ground, its recorded.

As far as the server is concerned player A gave player B the item no different from a trade. All that matters is where the item came from and where it ended up. Unlike with trades, dropping items in my eyes would be MORE suspicious as there's never a reason someone would drop valuable items on the ground. It would be different if you dropped loot when you died cause then it could be argued 'oops I died to this monster and public part member picked it up, I'm so unlucky!' but that's just not the case here.

TLDR: If you move items, they will know. Method of moving really doesn't matter.

Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i've gathered, currency does not have UID so its alot harder to track.

All Items however has an UID making it alot easier to track.

PoEFarming's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Deathyaw View Post
    From what i've gathered, currency does not have UID so its alot harder to track.

All Items however has an UID making it alot easier to track.
    Yes this is exactly what I was thinking and have heard. It would be impossible to track every currency item in the game. So with this info.. I'm just wondering if they would be alerted to multiple stacks of 10 premium currency (exalted orbs) being dropped on the ground in a random map or campaign instance. If it was transferred with a trade it would be logged. So where would be the best place to make this transfer between 2 characters?

Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PoEFarming View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I was thinking and have heard. It would be impossible to track every currency item in the game. So with this info.. I'm just wondering if they would be alerted to multiple stacks of 10 premium currency (exalted orbs) being dropped on the ground in a random map or campaign instance. If it was transferred with a trade it would be logged. So where would be the best place to make this transfer between 2 characters?

Honestly, i've bought currency on my main account a few leagues ago from a Seller here on ownedcore.
    And i have never been banned.

If you were to buy currency from for example any website that sells PoE Currency you would most likely get banned very quickly.
    But from private sellers you will most likely never get banned

p1-o2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact is nobody can tell you a fool-proof way to never be banned. There are players who have purchased RMT all throughout PoE history and never been banned however, so I think the odds are very low. You just need to be smart and careful. Here's an example of what I mean:

1. DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Pretend your RMT money doesn't exist. Do not flex it on randos in Global. Do not show it off to your friends. If you RMT something then you should pretend it doesn't exist for all intents and purposes. I don't care how much you trust your friends, just don't talk about it. Don't even pretend that you farmed it.

2. Don't purchase outrageous amounts of currency all at once. If you only own 1 exalt and you never make any trades but then you suddenly have 250 exalts then it will look suspicious. Make smaller jumps.

3. Make as many legitimate trades as possible. I save all my big bulk sales for the weekend and I spend like 2 hours just trading to dump all of my loot from the week. That's a good time to make an RMT purchase since it will not stick out like a sore thumb on a developer/moderator trading log.

4. Only do RMT with private sellers. Don't go to those public websites which get advertised on google or in chat or in web ads...

5. Be careful not to leave your currency tab public.
    Last edited by p1-o2; 03-03-2021 at 08:34 PM.