27/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] How to avoid being banned?

I programmed a Plugin for ExileApi to storage items into stash and enter next map automatically.
    But my Id was banned, I don't know why.
    I have confirmed the logic of the mouse and keyboard, the frequency is not high.
    And I want to know what operation will cause Third Party Software?
    How could I improve my plugin to avoid being banned?

Thank you very much in advance.

[Help] How to avoid being banned?
    pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/135
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of variables, so you'll have to start narrowing down where the issue could have come from.

First, were you running PoE as a limited user correctly? mmo...ited-user.html

If not, there's a good chance they simply detected the public ExileApi being used, but that doesn't explain what triggered the "bot like behavior" that lead to your ban. So you can't really stop investigating if you weren't, but you probably should make that change.

If you're sure you setup limited user correctly, then it would seem the way you did input triggered it. How did you do input?

If it were a global ExileApi + generic input detection, then this thread should start seeing bans: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...-exileapi.html which I'm not seeing any yet, so it's most likely something you did.

Next, were you doing any RMT or did you do any trading with anyone during the time you used your plugin? Coincidental bans can happen, but it kinda of sounds like it was your plugin that did it, but you can't rule out something else that could have lead to you getting detected. Were you playing by hand and then letting your plugin vendor and start the next map for you, or was there a lot more automation going on?

3. Thanks Aoooooooo, Sychotix (2 members gave Thanks to pushedx for this useful post)
    Aoooooooo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    27/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
    There's a lot of variables, so you'll have to start narrowing down where the issue could have come from.

First, were you running PoE as a limited user correctly? mmo...ited-user.html

If not, there's a good chance they simply detected the public ExileApi being used, but that doesn't explain what triggered the "bot like behavior" that lead to your ban. So you can't really stop investigating if you weren't, but you probably should make that change.

If you're sure you setup limited user correctly, then it would seem the way you did input triggered it. How did you do input?

If it were a global ExileApi + generic input detection, then this thread should start seeing bans: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...-exileapi.html which I'm not seeing any yet, so it's most likely something you did.

Next, were you doing any RMT or did you do any trading with anyone during the time you used your plugin? Coincidental bans can happen, but it kinda of sounds like it was your plugin that did it, but you can't rule out something else that could have lead to you getting detected. Were you playing by hand and then letting your plugin vendor and start the next map for you, or was there a lot more automation going on?
    Thank you very much, @pushedx.

First, I will make poe run as a limited user(I have never did it).

next, I will recheck my input function logic to find which acton input triggered it. I use mouse_event and key_event to control mouse and keyboard without delay.

maybe atuo flask? I am writting auto attack monseters, I have added it into plugin, but not enable it. will it make a diiference?

Thank you again.
    Last edited by Aoooooooo; 01-25-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with pushedx.

Limited user has protected everyone else, even when using bot-like plugins like Stashie.

I am highly suspect that either you didn't use limited user properly, or you were RMTing. A handful of people recently reported bans for "third party software" but they all were doing RMT as well.

It is also possible that you were writing to memory, but we've not seen bans for that in a while.

6. Thanks Aoooooooo (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    27/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    I agree with pushedx.

Limited user has protected everyone else, even when using bot-like plugins like Stashie.

I am highly suspect that either you didn't use limited user properly, or you were RMTing. A handful of people recently reported bans for "third party software" but they all were doing RMT as well.

It is also possible that you were writing to memory, but we've not seen bans for that in a while.
    What is RMT? is short for?

Thank you very much.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real money trading... meaning buying or selling of currency. For example, if someone was to trade you (or you trade them) a mirror or 100 exalts for nothing in return... your account (and the associated accounts) might be flagged for RMT. Nobody is realistically just handing over a mirror.

Thanks G/R
    27/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Real money trading... meaning buying or selling of currency. For example, if someone was to trade you (or you trade them) a mirror or 100 exalts for nothing in return... your account (and the associated accounts) might be flagged for RMT. Nobody is realistically just handing over a mirror.
    I have never did it.
    but I loaded down a instance zone over 10 hours.