[ExileAPI] Best way to determine whether coordinates on mouse hover are walkable? menu

User Tag List

TT89's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/37
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ExileAPI] Best way to determine whether coordinates on mouse hover are walkable?

Hello,

I asked this question in ExileAPI thread but I would guess it's better to ask here for visibility.

Is there any way to check whether the coordinates on mouse hover are walkable or not? Checking all ExileAPI code and all outputs from DevTree I could not find anything suitable for these purposes. I guess the only way is to implement according to this post https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...ml#post3502666 (Simple Grind Bot) but just wanted to check whether there is another way.

Thanks and best regards

[ExileAPI] Best way to determine whether coordinates on mouse hover are walkable?
    NoobToken's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check if there is a screenToWorld function, It's been so long since I looked at the plugin that I can't remember.

If there isn't screenToWorld, it's going to be harder since there is no straightforward way to look at the heightmaps(?)

GameAssist's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    55/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a detailed map of the level's passability right after loading it. We have a list of enemies around us as we move around the map. We don't need to check anything under the mouse - we just move around the level and kill everything around.
    here is a detailed article on how the map was arranged - perhaps in the new patch it will already load a little differently
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ta-memory.html (Finding map data in memory)

NoobToken's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wlastas View Post
    We have a detailed map of the level's passability right after loading it. We have a list of enemies around us as we move around the map. We don't need to check anything under the mouse - we just move around the level and kill everything around.
    here is a detailed article on how the map was arranged - perhaps in the new patch it will already load a little differently
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ta-memory.html (Finding map data in memory)
    The terrain grid has used the same datastructure since 2013 (check on blizzhackers on wayback machine). OP wasn't asking about walkability on enemy position. You would need to get height of the terrain (worldposition) to accurately translate grid position to screen position, when there are no entities on that grid position. But like you said, if you want to translate enemy position to screenposition, it's easy because you can get the height value from the enemy entity.