0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaming Mouse to pop all flasks?

Hey guys. Pretty new to the whole not-playing-by-the-rules thing, but pressy 6 buttons (Flasks + Warcry) every 4 seconds is getting too much. I've looked around and found nobody who got banned for it, but I really value my account and don't want it banned, since I have it for a while now.

The question is - do I run the risk of getting banned if i just tell my mouse to press 1,2,3,4,5,R (pre-recorded button presses with the same delay every time) if I press MMB? Or would you recommend some sort of script? Never been to comfortable with those, but maybe now it's time to learn XD

Anyway, appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Gaming Mouse to pop all flasks?
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you're unlikely to get banned from using either your mouse, or a script to push all the flasks at once.

Matrony's Avatar Site Donator

Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you mean, just use autohotkey with randoms sleeps.. and let monkeys talks

gshock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second using autohotkey. I abuse the shit out of it.

I take reasonable precautions, but as long as you are not doing something that is stupid, you likely wont have an issue.

I'll say that I'm not looking to make scripts for folks because I find them to be "salt to taste"

Anytime I see people attempt to provide a copy pasta solution, it generally spawns dozens of requests and results in "this doesn't work" because a person who cant make a script also cant debug a script.

For your use case its not difficult to learn enough to get there.

A word of caution though, test your script very carefully in notepad so you can see they keys sent.

You dont want to get banned because you accidentally started sending a silly number of keypresses. PoE will disconnect you at a certain point, but even if you are not disconnected, it still suspicious behavior.

I'd also avoid static delays/too much precision.

latency being what it is, if I were ggg, I'd look at things like "this person *always* activates this skill < x miliseconds after its off cooldown.

warcry has a 4s cooldown and you spend weeks activating it at 4000ms that might be suspicious. Even though I doubt it would be an issue, its easy enough to avoid.

Even if you test your script carefully and take reasonable precautions, there is no guarantee you wont be banned keep that in mind.

I feel short of absurdity though.

IMO a silly high percentage of players are using all kinds of scripts, mouse macros, Popsicle sticks etc.

I've been going at it hard since 3.5, if they are not catching me based on behavioral methods (too much precision) they are only catching people do something so obvious they might as be sending up a signal flare.

If I were paranoid I'd intentionally set a script up to fail on purpose to look more human like. for example trying to warcry slightly before it comes off of cooldown, then the "real" activation (player notices they hit it too early)

If I was super paranoid I'd occasionally waste a flask charge too etc, but I dont go to those lengths.

At least for me, any delay < 500ms in most cases isn't even perceptible. combining a randomized delay + the latency of the internet would make detection of automation *very* difficult. False positive would be a serious issue.

The final piece of the puzzle? if they *were* banning people, complaints would happen much more frequently. I think even if they wanted to they couldn't.

Why wouldn't they want to? its bad ROI. IMO they dont really give a shit about script kiddies. If you cross over into bot-like territory I'm sure thats a different story.

Another sign they dont care are scripts that work on pixelcolor for resource detection.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to combat that. I'd make it very ineffective and also detect it in one step. That they dont when they could means they either dont know or dont care.

Willi1989's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for such good information. It is useful for me. I am the guy who doesn't have any idea which computers are the best or not and which computers are good for games or not. I bought a new laptop 5 months ago because the previous one died. I couldn't take the decision which model to buy and if it worths its money or not. In that time of searching I came across battlestationsetups.com, the guys helped me to choose the right one at the best price and now I use it with big pleasure. Thanks for their help.
    Last edited by Willi1989; 10-08-2020 at 04:42 AM.