Discussion re- Melee themed plugins to help with coming melee themed league? menu

User Tag List

Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    148/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion re- Melee themed plugins to help with coming melee themed league?

Hello Gentlemen & ladies,

Was just wondering if we had any plugins that help out with all the melee themed skills & support skills for the up-coming league.

I used to play melee builds ages ago and the previous iteration of the old flask manager we had was really helpful in that it would auto-cast and re-cast things like blood rage, golumn's, etc. None of those things exist in the currently supported flask manager though.

Many of us are considering coming back to melee for this up-coming league, but are in for a huge shock if they haven't played melee before and aren't aware of the number of supporting skills and setups you need to run to do anywhere near the damage (or have the defenses) any 1-click & run spell build does in comparison. The way melee works now is you basically need to balance using all these on top of your attack and movement skills:

- Blood Rage persistently (need a way to re-cast it automatically when off cooldown)
    - Abyssal Cry / Enduring Cry (need a way to re-cast it automatically every X amount of seconds)
    - Summoning a golem (need a way to re-cast it automatically when not up)
    - Ancestral Pro / Ancestral War / Decoy Totems (we cast these ourselves just fine)
    - Dread Banner / War Banner (we cast it once to start ourselves, then need a way to auto-cast the second time when near a unique)
    - Applying a curse with Warlord's/Poacher's Mark (need a way to auto-cast them when near a unique)

Immortal Call & Molten Shell have also been re-worked so that if one of them isn't being used currently in a CWDT setup, you can trigger it as you engage a unique enemy (boss) and basically be unkillable for 2-4sec's. A way to auto-cast them when near a unique would be brilliant.

It's my understanding that some of these (or maybe even all of them?) could be custom made in Sychotix wonderful "BuildYourOwnRoutine" plugin, but for myself and 99.9% of users out there, figuring out how to install and then design & get the custom setup's working is so far beyond us that it's like trying to translate ancient Greek. It's really not that we are lazy, it's just that it's way beyond our understanding of how this stuff works.

So yeah, going back to the start, does anyone have any suggestions to help out with these, or this something any of the kind makers of these plugins are considering implementing for use this coming league. Because I think personally speaking at least, if it's not workable, I'll just stick to spell builds where I can just cast any spell from a distance, do the same damage, be completely out of the way of anything that can 1-shot you and not have to worry about juggling 5 additional skill supports at the same time.

Discussion re- Melee themed plugins to help with coming melee themed league?
  2. Thanks sirdeejay (1 members gave Thanks to Forumuser1000 for this useful post)