246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gearing For Standard

So.. I've never played the game really.. I have a stock pile of nothing.. nada.. zip.. zero..

If I was cool playing Standard "forever" so I wouldn't have to re-level & re-gear every season..

Could I level a character & essentially buy / barter etc for gear for say.. tornado shot bow ranger & just play that all I want for the foreseeable future ?

Or even easier just buy a service so to speak to just level & gear me for whatever build I want to play ?

Yeah yeah I'll get to learn the game at some point.. & gear other characters & builds..

If I'm going to enjoy the game though I want to start out that way..

Is that a thing I could do ?

Any suggestions ?

Gearing For Standard
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should just be as simple as finding a build you want to play, then leveling up with it. You will need to get some currency in order to buy the gear you need, but you should find enough to buy some decent rares and/or cheap uniques. You can buy gear at some trading sites such as poe.trade.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. I've heard people say Tornado Shot is always a winner..

I want to be a ranged glass cannon.. & do like arrows.. & magic..

I've also heard these mentioned in my travels of what I'd like

Storm Brand Witch

Arc

Arma Brand
    The reason I kind wanted something done for me or easy is so someone can give me the gear & gems I'd need with ideally ideal stats.. :-D

I just want to be ready to roll on a character or two & have some fun slaying with kinda mindlessly like killing zombies ^_^

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/571
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    Well.. I've heard people say Tornado Shot is always a winner..

I want to be a ranged glass cannon.. & do like arrows.. & magic..

I've also heard these mentioned in my travels of what I'd like

The reason I kind wanted something done for me or easy is so someone can give me the gear & gems I'd need with ideally ideal stats.. :-D

I just want to be ready to roll on a character or two & have some fun slaying with kinda mindlessly like killing zombies ^_^
    Well one of the great things about PoE is that there is ALWAYS a way to improve your gear. You you also will need levels (for the passives) to get to the more end-game content anyways... so you have to do grinding either way. What I normally do in leagues when I'm at a fresh start like you... I choose a build (usually with a leveling guide if I can), level like usual (I use PoEHUD so it goes a little faster... be sure to read up on the limited user method if you attempt to use it), then once I hit mapping (around level 6 I buy gear with the currency I've gotten so far that is good enough to get me started. Then I just progress through maps and buy gear when I've got enough currency.

You're experience will probably look about the same. I'm sure there are tons of people on here that could give you some chaos to help you get a little bit of a start. A lot of people don't play standard as it isn't really fun.

Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Words
    I do plan to learn the game & how to play & what most things mean..

What I'm majorly curious about is if I can get essentially a built character either gear wise or.. heck even someone to setup the character for me..

I want to be able to login & essentially have a build ready to play.. so maybe some power leveling service if that even still exists for this huh..

I'd learn & build other characters from there but for now I want to hulk smash as best I can while I kinda learn.

Zeluous's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there!

PoE is great, and standard is a decent choice, however there are some things you need to consider:

Firstly - Tornado shot is really designed for IIQ/IIR runners (Increased item drop quantity and rarity). This is not something you want to be aiming for on your first character, as it costs an absolute fortune to get running properly.

Secondly - By playing standard you need to understand that breaking into the 'high end' end-game game is going to be a challenge. This league suffers from years of inflation. This means that yes, it's easier to get mid-range items, but the top tier costs astronomical amounts. The other drawback to standard is the fact trading takes longer, as standard has a lower population.

As you first build I'd personally reccomend something like Winter Orb (Occultist version is my personal preference).

Hope you have fun!

7. Thanks Jaladhjin (1 members gave Thanks to Zeluous for this useful post)
    notorious879's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look like me before i started to sink some hours into the game, please let me give you some advice learned from my own mistake.

I have sinked a lot of real money into currency to find an " Efficient Build " because like you, i was thinking that i'm unlucky, or i don't know enough the game to generate enough currency to get my hands on a build that could clean the content to allow me to generate currency. We are speaking about more than 500€ in total of currency, plus 750€ of MTX ( Not related but PoE can be a money sinker)

I lost my work last month, and i've got time to sink into the game, and i learned multiple things :

1. There is nothing but efficiency in this game. NOTHING. I generated over 100exalt in 2 week just by playing efficiently, mean, do not afk after 5 map to go to kitchen or whatever. Just run 50, 60, 100 map straight in one row, and then afk. Its all about that, i can't give you a better advice.

2. There is no amazing build. There is amazing Item like HH wich make your life easier, but at the end, if u're like me wanna melt the content, you're facing the same wall than everyone else, it can be for you at 90, 95 or 98. The only variable is the player, if u go hard, u win hard, if u are weak, u stay weak and die over and never progress.

3. Do not waste money into currency, yeah its easy, yeah its making ur life better, and u feel like ur all shiny TS Ranger will carry you, but wait to actually face the wall to understand that u've wasted money. If u want the perfect build, with amazing survability and amazing DPS, we're speaking about 300ex minimum build, i let you check ur currency website to see how much it gonna cost you, and believe me whoever tell you that u don't need 300ex to have an imba toon is just speaking in the wind, i'm speaking about fact, not ideal.

4. Be carrefull about Build u're watching on forum, youtube or different website. As a fairly new player i got tricked this league into two different build saying they were " League starter ". But actually, the video trailer showing you that amazing DPS, doesnt tell you that he got the same unique you can get fairly cheap, but with corruption on them that make the price sky rizing. They doesnt post video of the build running rare gear without any lucky ass corruption or enchant. I'm refering the point 3. of my topic, you can get that build for exemple : 15ex, yeah, u get all the items, but u don't do millions of DPS, instead u're doing like a quarter of it, and it change totally the done when u face the same uber elder than the dude in the video, but u got ur face smashed so hard that u just wanna find the dude and strangle his neck because he didnt tell you about this lil corruption on item.

In conclusion, efficiency was my best learn and i can't tell you more than learn that notion of efficiency. Whatever the method you approach end game, delve, mapping, target-mapping, Boss, or even trade, just be efficient, this game is all about that, and i've wasted so much money in theese stupid website, i'm so angry about myself.

Yes you will fail, Yes, it is complicated, Yes u will level to 80plus and struggle to realize that ur toon isnt optimized, yes u will die, but at some point, u will understand maybe faster than me what is your mistake. Its only take couple of days or a week to have a good view of the game mechanic.
    Last edited by notorious879; 08-26-2019 at 08:14 AM.

9. Thanks Jaladhjin (1 members gave Thanks to notorious879 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Words
    Originally Posted by Zeluous View Post
    Words
    Originally Posted by notorious879 View Post
    Words.
    Hey friends.. I'm thinkin' about givin' this another shot & after looking over my options it seems like this would be somethin' I could solidly farm with & build currency & other characters from there.

What I'd liiiike from you folks & anyone else feeling like chiming in is what do you think of this setup ? 【Path of Exile 3.10】Cyclone Max Block Gladiator –Build Guide– Absurdly Tanky | Easily Crush Endgame! - YouTube

And most important what I'd like to do the most is get as good a setup of the gear & items beforehand so I have a goal to work towards so all I have to do is level.. equip as I level & learn to play the build.

Could I buy/barter/or otherwise offer any of you something of value to essentially give me as viable a setup of the actual gear that I can level into using & have a decently solid build to play to start farming from there ?

That's my biggest hang up not really having anything to go on goal wise.. if I have gear & gems & potions waiting on me that's a pretty solid goal I can set to be able to equip all that & spin to win as I clear content..

Interested in your opinions friends :-)