Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoE Ban Wave and GDPR

Hi there,

sooo... I found this old thread https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...of-inside.html ([Warning] Anti-cheat implemented, stop using any hack/bot (Proof inside)) which was quite interesting

I was wondering if someone did similar work before/after the last banwave early in incursion league to give some insight on how their updated/new anti cheat works.

Im asking, because if you take a look at europes new GDPR laws which, as far as I understand, prohibit the collection of data without consent and being transparent of the categories of data they collect.

In some E-Mails I wrote with GGG (Chris Wilson) lately, he denies scanning memory/hard drives (and is sometimes contradicting himself when talking about the system)

I hope someone could be so kind and shed some light on it

Regards

PoE Ban Wave and GDPR
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xtreme87 View Post
    Hi there,

sooo... I found this old thread https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...of-inside.html ([Warning] Anti-cheat implemented, stop using any hack/bot (Proof inside)) which was quite interesting

I was wondering if someone did similar work before/after the last banwave early in incursion league to give some insight on how their updated/new anti cheat works.

Im asking, because if you take a look at europes new GDPR laws which, as far as I understand, prohibit the collection of data without consent and being transparent of the categories of data they collect.

In some E-Mails I wrote with GGG (Chris Wilson) lately, he denies scanning memory/hard drives (and is sometimes contradicting himself when talking about the system)

I hope someone could be so kind and shed some light on it

Regards
    We don't really know what they do right now. Their anti-cheat is delivered by the server at their will, so it can change at any point in time. The only thing I know for certain it does is it will attempt to open up the files of suspicious programs and will probably perform pattern scanning on the application to determine if it is a cheat or not. I believe their older anti-cheat versions would simply return if there was a match or not. They are likely not violating any laws, but again... we don't really know.