Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoE Current Market Status

Hey Guys,

Am interested to speak with anyone who sells high volume, or who, in general, may be equipped to discuss the market size of PoE.

When it was first released, PoE immediately became one of our top 5 games traded on the PlayerAuctions Marketplace, but since that time, it has been steadily declining (with upticks of course when the new seasons start).

Right now, PoE is trading at 30% of it's original volume. Has this decline been felt on other platforms such as OC?

PoE Current Market Status
    LMProfiles's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poe isnt the same as any other game.

it rises high with the start of new seasons & then funnels down rapidly after the first few days.

you cant compare its market vs any other game.

PlayerAuctions2's Avatar Corporal Managing Director CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I'm aware of it's seasonality.

My point however is that even during it's last "peak" it was at 30% of what it was when the game first launched. I'm curious if PoE is dying down, or if Markets have moved elsewhere.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point however is that even during it's last "peak" it was at 30% of what it was when the game first launched. I'm curious if PoE is dying down, or if Markets have moved elsewhere.

LowBaller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PoE has a lot of other trading methods than trading on here that are more effective such as their forums and sites that log items you post on their forums....with that said I wouldn't trade any other way, it wouldn't be very effective selling/trading on other sites due to that reason.

angerofmars's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PlayerAuctions View Post

I'm most positive the latter is the answer.
    I mean, have you tried selling PoE stuffs on your website? The interface is a clustered and unintuitive. I have a bunch of stuffs I tried to list there for a while and I've yet to figure out how to list them. PoE is not even in the list of the available games when I go to sell currency mode, only in sell item mode.
    And when you do get to the sell screen mode, holy crap, it's like eBay in the 1990s.
    "Hey bud, wanna sell your stuffs? Just fill out these 40 different fields located at different location on your screen! If you happen to miss one of them when clicking submit, no prob! We will just remove your uploaded photo, reset a bunch of fields (but not all of them! so you can miss them again next time you click submit). It's fun!"

And you wonder where the market had gone? Seriously?
    Last edited by angerofmars; 12-15-2014 at 11:44 PM.

nodiac's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using PlayerAuctions twice, its true what angerofmars said - "Fill in the 40 fields scattered around the form and when you filled something wrong, we will reset all the fields". + the enourmous fees you have, i'm better off using bitcoins where fees are basically non-existant and no way to get chargebacked. After i tried looking for my sale under the game, I only saw 1 sale offer and it was some top seller and i could not find any others. Its like monopoly, most useless service ever. What is the point of me trying to sell anything if people cant see my sale offer?
    Last edited by nodiac; 12-18-2014 at 05:19 AM.

PizzaSix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10% fee on playerauctions is laughable. It's like getting scammed by 1 out of 10 buyers guaranteed. I'd rather take my chances and cut out the middleman.

[ZauX]'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out poe.trade and then check out Procurement.
    That's where it's at. And of course Path of Exile official forums, which is less a hassle than your site.
    #SWAG :gusta:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the feedback.

Through an unrelated test over the weekend, I had put up some test offers up for sale, and ran into the same issues some of you guys had described. References however to poe.trade, and procurement/PoE forums is slightly not relevant however to PA, since people on PA trade using real money, whereas on poe.trade, people trade items for in-game currency.

If the point however in bringing up poe.trade is to show that people are abandoning RMT trading in favor of in-game currency trading, then that helps me understand the PoE market more fully as well (thanks!).

With regards to the unintuitive nature of the for sale offer creation page. I'm in full agreement. It is clunky at the moment. For any of you guys who have known/used PA for an extended period of time, you will have noticed A LOT of changes to PA just this year after a management change at the end of 2013. We've been breaking up the website into pieces and updating it piece by piece.

The for sale offer creation component is on our list to work on next, but as most of you can imagine (with supporting over 100 different marketplaces), this is going to need some serious tender loving care, and attention to detail in development time so that we get it right when it is next in line for IT development time.

Any feedback you guys wish to contribute, can ultimately have an effect with how the PoE marketplace for real money trading turns out in the future on PA.

Originally Posted by angerofmars View Post
    I'm most positive the latter is the answer.
    I mean, have you tried selling PoE stuffs on your website? PoE is not even in the list of the available games when I go to sell currency mode, only in sell item mode.
    One reason why we use the Item category, is because (please correct me if I am wrong), PoE trades in many different types of currencies (usually orbs). Our "currency" category isn't set up to host multiple currency types, so we use the the "Items" page category because it is more flexible and allows for multiple different product types.

If it would be less confusing for sellers, we could change the front end, so that if someone selected the currency category, PoE would still be listed, but in the backend, it would still be the item category that is used to display the offers. Let me know if you think that would be a good workaround.

thelifeguard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it would be less confusing for sellers, we could change the front end, so that if someone selected the currency category, PoE would still be listed, but in the backend, it would still be the item category that is used to display the offers. Let me know if you think that would be a good workaround.

Yes, that's a good idea.

azmodael's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    References however to poe.trade, and procurement/PoE forums is slightly not relevant however to PA, since people on PA trade using real money, whereas on poe.trade, people trade items for in-game currency.
    This is a very shallow view on the matter. Basically its far easier to buy ingame currency with RL money, then use Poe.Trade to find what you need then to trade straight money for items.

Nick_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem fewer people are playing this game these days.

Weird0's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people just realized that obtaining 70% of the ingame currency is shit easy.

Nikentic's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always higher around Act releases. Be sure to gain some when Act 4 is released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast