Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0.1.8b:
    --Fix a bug with First Possible Mode.
    --Tweaked FP Mode so that it works faster.
    --Once the bot is running it will update the Window Title with the account name currently running.
    --Experimental fix for forcing English locale.

@Darxide23: Good to get a positive report as well heh. Yeah sometimes the Gateway just times out on its own. Some other times bot will timeout and and I see the red "under maintenance" sign on the gateway as well (mostly for a few minutes). It's not the most stable site around, probably due to the sheer amount of people using it...if it was things would be so much more simple on my end heheh.

@alklas: Let me know if the fix for forcing the Gateway in english works. I'm going blind on this one doing guesswork as I can not access it myself in French. If this doesn't work I'll set a VM with French windows set on French locale and test there. I hope I guessed correctly though!

EDIT: @Darxide23 The what to do on timeout option does not work yet. It's the next on my todo list. And import/export functions right after that (for those of you who rotate setups regularly).
    Last edited by BaseN; 02-12-2014 at 03:46 PM.

APB Ultimate
    alklas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just tested and still in french
    and it can still not select the character.

i changed my regional settings in windows 7 to English (USA) and the gateway displayed in english (control panel, language and country, formats)

edit : and it is working, with windows 7 local settings to english

2nd edit : when the bot is waiting for the character selection screen, with a sentence telling 'try 0' something like that, the bot can not be stopped, and it has to be killed
    Last edited by alklas; 02-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.

BaseN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmrr I'm setting the application's locale to USA English but obviously that gets ignored and system locale is getting read instead anyhow. Not sure why that happens I'm investigating it right now.

EDIT: alklas can you PM me your mail so that I can send you test builds for this directly?

Olegsander's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having issues with some particular tasks. It can't start the task "Leadershit - 13 Patrol Mines", and it looks like it won't start any leadership task that requires more than one asset.
    Running 6 characters alright, but this particular task won't work, and I didnt manage to make "Leadershit - 17 Deliver Metals" work as well. It gets stuck in a loop of "retrying" until it stops.
    Last edited by Olegsander; 02-12-2014 at 11:17 PM.

packetlossc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you encrypt the username and password rather than storing in plaintext?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Olegsander View Post
    I'm having issues with some particular tasks. It can't start the task "Leadershit - 13 Patrol Mines", and it looks like it won't start any leadership task that requires more than one asset.
    Running 6 characters alright, but this particular task won't work, and I didnt manage to make "Leadershit - 17 Deliver Metals" work as well. It gets stuck in a loop of "retrying" until it stops.

By the way i live in france as well and don't have the same issues as above
    I will check these particular tasks and get back to you.

Originally Posted by packetlossc View Post
    Can you encrypt the username and password rather than storing in plaintext?
    Yes, it's in my todo list

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Olegsander: Which version are you using btw?

Darxide23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.7 just ran into a problem. It's been going about 6 hours like a champ, but one of my characters had two tasks queued for each worker. The first task I did the math on to try to use up the particular resources. My math was slightly off because I figured each worker could do the task 14 times, but really, they could do it 13 times and all but one could do a 14th. What happened next was that instead of moving onto the next task in the queue, the bot just reloaded endlessly trying to start that task on the last open slot that I had no resources left to do.

Shouldn't it move onto the next task after so many failed attempts? Or did you say that wasn't functioning yet?

Either way, 6 hours without a hitch is pretty good considering it was crapping out after just an hour in the first few versions. Going to grab the latest version now and set it going again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the option on what to do on timeout is currently not working. The current behavior is to just stop when the max amount of timeouts are there. I defaulted to that because I did not want to mess up anyone's queues while there were heavy timing issues. As the main loop code becomes stable, this is the first thing that I'll implement so that cases like these or regular Gateway glitches want stop it.

Btw if you put the slot in First Possible mode it will skip that task and move to the next (if that is what you meant, 0.1.7 had a bug with that.. with 0.1.8 if the slot is set to FP it will skip the current task on second try instead of the amount that is sent in the settings. This is so FP mode moves faster.
    Last edited by BaseN; 02-12-2014 at 05:34 PM.

qmancan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaseN View Post
    It seems that the check for the slot status always returns the slot free. Can you answer any of these questions please:
    1) While it is timing out and retrying is the actual slot Free or does the task get added successfully but the bot thinks it has not and retries the same slot?
    2) Which particular slot and recipe is this happening on? Is it a specific recipe (as in do other recipes work but a particular one fails like this?)
    3) Do you currently have any big downloads or uploads bottlenecking your net connection? And can you connect normally to Gateway via a browser or does it seem lagging?

EDIT: qmancan can you also tell me what mode is that particular slot running?

EDIT: As a first troubleshooting step try deleting the contents of "Cache", in case something in there got corrupted while getting dowloaded from the gateway.
    Hi BaseN,

1) The slot is free, program gets the task and the task sits there for a few seconds then times out. The funny thing is if I manually hit the 'Start Task' button the bot happily goes to the next slot. I think this is related to what other have noticed. It happens on Leadership tasks (so all I have tried). The bot is happy when I used platesmithing gather task.

2) All slots and all Leadership tasks seem to trip the bot up for me.

3) The laptop I am using is dedicated to running the bot only. I can use the gateway fine through firefox. I am on wifi so can try on a wired connection later tonight.

the mode I was running was top to bottom but i tried first workable as well and no change.

This was all done on 1.7 and I see you are already on 1.8!!! Your a machine. I will update to 1.8 and try later this evening.

Cheers!

packetlossc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running 1.8. So far so good. Seems to be much faster than before and no problems so far (2 hours) with leadership.

Drexo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when in the proffesion screen ill try to add a task (or click any button for that matter) the bot crashes without error

any thoughts?

**edit: im running win8.1 and when running bot as vista it works.
    Last edited by Drexo; 02-12-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like something is wrong with your Windows 8.1 installation. I develop it on 8.1 and test on 8, 7 and Linux in VMs (yes that means Linux version too once it's all up and running). May want to try "sfc /scannow" to check OS files for corruption.

Olegsander's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaseN View Post
    @Olegsander: Which version are you using btw?
    Had the same issue with all versions since.4 till .8
    Last edited by Olegsander; 02-12-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Darxide23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drexo View Post
    when in the proffesion screen ill try to add a task (or click any button for that matter) the bot crashes without error

any thoughts?

**edit: im running win8.1 and when running bot as vista it works.
    I'd check that .NET is installed properly.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast