Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the fast update with all the small details that we just mentioned fixed/added.

If conditions or at least the "go top->bottom, find first doable task and do it else give an error, start 'scan' from top again" way of working and bot should be more or less fully working (can't check if 9 slots work, and at least for few hours can't check if assets work - getting dudes hired/upgraded as I hit level 13 in leadership XD).

APB Infinite
    Wahreez's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I wanted to ask is if you could possibly disable 'hardware acceleration' for the Gecko FX Browser.

For the last 6-9 months Nvidia has not released a driver which will work with Firefox 'hardware acceleration' enabled on GTX 460 and GTX 560 cards. The problem doesn't effect everyone, but, is affecting a very large percentage of people with these cards.

So the only option was to either disable HW acceleration in Firefox or live with older/stable drivers and lose benefits/optimizations the new drivers provide in newer games.

I chose to just disable Firefox HW acceleration and have been using my computer that way for the past 6-9 months without issue, aside from the lack of HW acceleration in Firefox.

If I run APB my computer will hard freeze within 10 minutes everytime, however, if I disable my GTX 460 through device manager it'll run flawlessly for hours on end. Firefox with HW Acceleration enabled behaves in the exact same manor.

So, since this whole Nvidia driver fiasco started around 9 months ago I've been running Firefox with HW acceleration turned off and have not had a single issue.

Is there any setting I can personally modify to disable HW acceleration in Gecko FX? Then I would be able to use APB without having to disable my GTX 460. Of course this is not your problem to fix, but, after waiting 9 months to get a new driver from Nvidia which fixes the problem, most of us have given up. The issue only occurs in Firefox/Mozilla browsers with HW acceleration on. I believe the last drivers that worked properly without this issue were 304.xx

If you have any questions or need anymore info I'll be glad to go and hunt down the specifics of when this stupid issue started to occur with Firefox and what the last functional version of Nvidia's driver were numbered.

Everything else on my computer runs perfectly with zero crashes/instability except the aforementioned Firefox with HW acceleration while using the newer Nvidia drivers. An alternative fix would be for me to revert back to the last fully functional version of Nvidia's drivers, but, I'd hate to lose benefits of the most recent drivers. Specifically support for big name titles and small performance increases through various tweaks and optimizations.

Anyway, hope this wasn't too long and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into this program! It will be tremendously helpful for many of us!
    Last edited by Wahreez; 10-23-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Typos and clarification

Cyrealkiller's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wahreez View Post
    One thing I wanted to ask is if you could possibly disable 'hardware acceleration' for the Gecko FX Browser.

For the last 6-9 months Nvidia has not released a driver which will work with Firefox 'hardware acceleration' enabled on GTX 460 and GTX 560 cards. The problem doesn't effect everyone, but, is affecting a very large percentage of people with these cards.

So the only option was to either disable HW acceleration in Firefox or live with older/stable drivers and lose benefits/optimizations the new drivers provide in newer games.

I chose to just disable Firefox HW acceleration and have been using my computer that way for the past 6-9 months without issue, aside from the lack of HW acceleration in Firefox.

If I run APB my computer will hard freeze within 10 minutes everytime, however, if I disable my GTX 460 through device manager it'll run flawlessly for hours on end. Firefox with HW Acceleration enabled behaves in the exact same manor.

So, since this whole Nvidia driver fiasco started around 9 months ago I've been running Firefox with HW acceleration turned off and have not had a single issue.

Is there any setting I can personally modify to disable HW acceleration in Gecko FX? Then I would be able to use APB without having to disable my GTX 460. Of course this is not your problem to fix, but, after waiting 9 months to get a new driver from Nvidia which fixes the problem, most of us have given up. The issue only occurs in Firefox/Mozilla browsers with HW acceleration on. I believe the last drivers that worked properly without this issue were 304.xx

If you have any questions or need anymore info I'll be glad to go and hunt down the specifics of when this stupid issue started to occur with Firefox and what the last functional version of Nvidia's driver were numbered.

Everything else on my computer runs perfectly with zero crashes/instability except the aforementioned Firefox with HW acceleration while using the newer Nvidia drivers. An alternative fix would be for me to revert back to the last fully functional version of Nvidia's drivers, but, I'd hate to lose benefits of the most recent drivers. Specifically support for big name titles and small performance increases through various tweaks and optimizations.

Anyway, hope this wasn't too long and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into this program! It will be tremendously helpful for many of us!
    I found the setting to disable the hardware acceleration (layers.acceleration.disabled = true). I'll test this once I'm home and able to. If there are no issues by disabling it for everyone then I will include it in the next release. Thanks for making me aware of this issue.

Wahreez's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cyrealkiller View Post
    I found the setting to disable the hardware acceleration (layers.acceleration.disabled = true). I'll test this once I'm home and able to. If there are no issues by disabling it for everyone then I will include it in the next release. Thanks for making me aware of this issue.
    Sweet, thanks a ton for looking into it. I'd imagine there won't be any issue with disabling it, but, I can't say for certain. Running Firefox with HW Acceleration disabled hasn't changed my browsing experience at all. Things like YouTube and other videos play just as they did before I turned it off, apparently it's because the plug-in's use HW acceleration anyway. Like Flash Player etc. and Firefox's HW acceleration setting is independent of that.

Anyway, just glad to hear you are looking into it.

The 314.12 drivers were the last ones without this stupid issue.

Here is the latest Nvidia desktop driver release thread...

GeForce 331.58 WHQL Drivers Released | GeForce

If you check the comments you don't have to go very far before you find people complaining about the problem I described and unfortunately they still haven't fixed it in this latest version. I think they would just prefer us to buy new cards, lol... The bastards!

RottenMind's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Insignis86 View Post
    Love the fast update with all the small details that we just mentioned fixed/added.

If conditions or at least the "go top->bottom, find first doable task and do it else give an error, start 'scan' from top again" way of working and bot should be more or less fully working (can't check if 9 slots work, and at least for few hours can't check if assets work - getting dudes hired/upgraded as I hit level 13 in leadership XD).
    I can see that if CyrealKiller can add "If conditions" what can run Bot query per slot from Top to Success and then again from Top etc. then Bot can start from Level 0 and advance to Level 20... but then there is other problems.

Bot runs through Gateway so all actions takes time and some actions must be verified so if User have two characters then this Query might take less than minutes per character... but if account have 10 or even more characters then Full rotation time became really long.

Second option is add resource scan, but then Bot program writer must code everything in and that make Bot very vulnerable when future updates kick in.

Hopefully my english is good enough.

So I see current version very nice and I like to see "Better skip task if cant start job" support, but I also see that this option might cause problems for those who have multiple character per account.

However we must use commonsense with this Bot because it is Free for all and planing Routes will take lot off troubles away.

Anyway CyrealKiller do amazing Job with this stuff and he´s donation link is still broken, :confused:.

RM

Cyrealkiller's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RottenMind View Post
    "Better skip task if cant start job" support, but I also see that this option might cause problems for those who have multiple character per account.

However we must use commonsense with this Bot because it is Free for all and planing Routes will take lot off troubles away.

Anyway CyrealKiller do amazing Job with this stuff and he´s donation link is still broken, :confused:.

RM
    I plan on changing the entire time out system, hence the addition of the drop down box on the settings window. I want to make it be able to catch when the gateway does the bug where it won't start tasks, and then give the user the option of what the bot will do when it reaches the time out allowance. (ie. Stop Bot, Auto Re-Log, Remove Task, etc..) The exact specifics are still floating around in my head, but any suggestions are appreciated.

In regards to the donation link, that was broken by paypal till I add a credit card or bank account.

gjggehbyfrhsit's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bot randomly stopped at "Starting a job". Need stop the bot and add job manualy.

Insignis86's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RottenMind View Post
    I can see that if CyrealKiller can add "If conditions" what can run Bot query per slot from Top to Success and then again from Top etc. then Bot can start from Level 0 and advance to Level 20... but then there is other problems.

Bot runs through Gateway so all actions takes time and some actions must be verified so if User have two characters then this Query might take less than minutes per character... but if account have 10 or even more characters then Full rotation time became really long.
    It actually depends. You are right about simple "go from top to bottom searching for a doable task, then do the task if found one or display an error if non worked, start from top again next repeat/turn". With a long queues and multiple characters it indeed could take long time (my test alchemy code from first post took quite a lot time - especially with how bot works now - so not skipping the to high level task etc.).

But with "if statements" if they will be able to check profession levels, how much if any mats/assets we have, etc. Then you will be able to make really long queues, that in the end will just take as much time per slot/character as lets say simple 1 to 3 tasks long queues would take now. Cause bot will be able to skip everything that is to high level, or stuff that can't be done anyway cause of lack of mats or assets - without even relaying on trying to start the task like its done now (or more precise in 0.4.3. version as I didn't check 0.4.4 since I'm doing the 18h craft dudes task atm anyway).

So all in all it depends mainly on implementation of this stuff (if statements/search for doable task). Script with its per level lists per profession, and auto searching for craft basic mats tasks worked really good on 1 character so improved version of it in bot especially with good if statements etc. would be fast with even tones of characters.

Originally Posted by Cyrealkiller View Post
    I plan on changing the entire time out system, hence the addition of the drop down box on the settings window. I want to make it be able to catch when the gateway does the bug where it won't start tasks, and then give the user the option of what the bot will do when it reaches the time out allowance. (ie. Stop Bot, Auto Re-Log, Remove Task, etc..) The exact specifics are still floating around in my head, but any suggestions are appreciated.
    Well. Stop bot option wont be used probably at all. The auto-re-log as its already technically build in - probably will be sufficient - as its seems to be working well. Not sure if remove task will help here in any way (or rather not sure how that will solve failing to start new task as its not trying to run task on already running slots). Personally after issues with scrip on browsers where the bug with "started task not really starting and just going back to overview screen" sometimes required full reload of a browser - I would like to see an option to not just auto-re-log to account, but actually a full re-load of app or at least the browser engine in it XD (thou I didn't run to any issues with bot with starting tasks, not sure if just lucky and the "you start task but its not really starting" didn't happen, or just bot got around it by re-logging).

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Insignis86 View Post
    It actually depends. You are right about simple "go from top to bottom searching for a doable task, then do the task if found one or display an error if non worked, start from top again next repeat/turn". With a long queues and multiple characters it indeed could take long time (my test alchemy code from first post took quite a lot time - especially with how bot works now - so not skipping the to high level task etc.).

But with "if statements" if they will be able to check profession levels, how much if any mats/assets we have, etc. Then you will be able to make really long queues, that in the end will just take as much time per slot/character as lets say simple 1 to 3 tasks long queues would take now. Cause bot will be able to skip everything that is to high level, or stuff that can't be done anyway cause of lack of mats or assets - without even relaying on trying to start the task like its done now (or more precise in 0.4.3. version as I didn't check 0.4.4 since I'm doing the 18h craft dudes task atm anyway).

So all in all it depends mainly on implementation of this stuff (if statements/search for doable task). Script with its per level lists per profession, and auto searching for craft basic mats tasks worked really good on 1 character so improved version of it in bot especially with good if statements etc. would be fast with even tones of characters.

Well. Stop bot option wont be used probably at all. The auto-re-log as its already technically build in - probably will be sufficient - as its seems to be working well. Not sure if remove task will help here in any way (or rather not sure how that will solve failing to start new task as its not trying to run task on already running slots). Personally after issues with scrip on browsers where the bug with "started task not really starting and just going back to overview screen" sometimes required full reload of a browser - I would like to see an option to not just auto-re-log to account, but actually a full re-load of app or at least the browser engine in it XD (thou I didn't run to any issues with bot with starting tasks, not sure if just lucky and the "you start task but its not really starting" didn't happen, or just bot got around it by re-logging).
    That was heavy to read and I have nothing to add, but just wondering if Bot can use filtering system what is implemented on Professions itself to skip "High levels and or missing assets" then it will start directly those tasks what might full fill requirements on next run, IDK.

Auto ReLogin stays stuck on character select and reStart Bot is more efficient, it means lost "cycle" information, but that information is not needed if .. yeah, mayb it is tim take break, .

gjggehbyfrhsit's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All copy of APBi stopped again at randomly job`s. Back to 1.5.0.

nevergrind's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have had random crashes after 18 and 28 hours of running the bot it has been working amazingly well for me. I have 1 account with 6 chars and so far so good

I would like to share my findings of why some tasks seem to randomly fail to start for me. I would log into the gateway to sell all my stuff when I was leveling some crafts and then I noticed the bot would fail to start tasks very often. I then switched to going ingame to sell items or stopping the bot and manually selling items from the bot's browser. This completely fixed my problems and I have never had a timeout since(unless I ran out of space or resources aka user error). It seems to have to do with how the gateway poorly handles multiple sessions from different browsers and letting the most recent session be a sort of super session. I first saw this when I noticed my 2nd gateway window to sell things was still able to start tasks while the bot was no longer able to as if it hijacked the authority to start tasks.

So to sum it up:

1. Sign out of the gateway everywhere you were logged in before THEN log on with the bot.
    2. NEVER sign into the gateway from another browser when the bot is running as you risk making the gateway stop accepting the bot for starting tasks.
    3. If the bot fails to start tasks simply stop the bot and navigate to the log out screen from inside the bot's browser and log back in
    4. ????
    5. Remember to thank Cyrealkiller for the amazing work he is doing on this program and remember her could of just as well kept this sweet build all for himself like so many other greedy people with exploits and apps.

I believe if you follow then steps you will see this new version is the best yet and there is no reason to go back to 1.50 unless you are doing some VERY weird set of tasks with this bot that 99.9% of the rest of us never use. Either way it is extremely usable and from the looks of it things will only get better.

CrippledCyclone's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It never loads the character select screen for me, it always times out

darkstar97048's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning/willing to share the source code?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gjggehbyfrhsit View Post
    All copy of APBi stopped again at randomly job`s. Back to 1.5.0.
    Cant you simply show Route and or error you got? I got same kind situation when my Route failed/started job from Ingame and I also will go back 1.5 if current Public Beta fails. If there is repeatable error then it is good get conditions where and how it happens so CyrealKiller can FIX it.

If it is user error then it will be good that all know how to avoid it in future.

Originally Posted by CrippledCyclone View Post
    It never loads the character select screen for me, it always times out
    Is there anything wrong with name or character order?

I got problem before because early APBi -version(and Gateway) not accept this

qwerty NOT Equal QwerTy

or

Account screen,

First character, "qwerty"
    Second character, "QwerTy"

APBi autologin works,
    (settings screen)
    First characte, "qwerty"
    Second character, "QwerTy"

APB autologin NOT work, (confirmed NOT work)
    (settings screen)
    First characte, "Qwerty"
    Second character, "qwerty"

UPDATE, current APBi seems accept mixed order but names are like in "linux/unix" , x NOT Equal X. (I checked with two characters so if some one can confirm that it works with multiple characters too?)

Check this (APB Infinite)post. Wahreez has extensive information for he´s issue and then... he got pretty good feedback.

...so if my Baby come to me and She cries ,-IT hurts WAAAh waah, but she dont tell/show where, what, how,, then it is difficult to help, but when she cool down and shows that she`s elbow got scratch from courtyard playhouse, then Daddy patch elbow, FIX the house and give directions to be careful. We are not CryBabies, so we dont act like them, .

CrippledCyclone's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be able to give you that info..If I could get that far.

Attachment 15890

It does that every time.

EDIT: I ended up making an additional char on the normal client and it's working now.
    Last edited by CrippledCyclone; 10-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast