Does anyone know if autoclick or autohotkey can be detected by Neverwinter? menu

User Tag List

WantToBot's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if autoclick or autohotkey can be detected by Neverwinter?

So sorry for such a noob question. But if anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Does anyone know if autoclick or autohotkey can be detected by Neverwinter?
    arteros's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neverwinter has no detection capability of any kind.

you can straight up patch executable memory if you want.

InfernoLevel's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously?! No detection capability at all??

verdant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting because the game claims that they have the right to scan your system for software. Are you saying it's currently an empty threat, a mere bluff? Perhaps they just left the door open so they could add something in the future.

Edit:

Since AHK can be used for more functions than botting NWO, I don't imagine that NWO would prevent you from playing their game just because you have AHK installed. Now, if they were able to filter the input somehow, they could seek to restrict botting via AHK in that way in the future. Until then, go for it!
    Last edited by verdant; 01-04-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Addition

Arterion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neverwinter is hilariously insecure. You can get source code with comments from the game files. The even more hilarious thing is that you don't even need to inject code -- you can use the freaking console for a lot of stuff. GenSendMessage, GenSetState, GenSetValue -- you can look at tons of code using these to various effects just by dumping the strings from the game with ProcessExplorer. WITH COMMENTS. They even mention certain developers by first and last name in the comments (!!).

Anyway, without getting really messy, AHK could make a "dumb" bot, or a bot that does a lot of image processing to perform tasks. But it would be hard to hook it into the game's routines to directly do "stuff" that you normally do with keyboard and mouse.

What is much more likely to happen is that they could use some heuristic analysis that looks for characters performing the same tasks over and over again: moving to the same coordinates along the same path, taking the same amount of time, basically a type of regular precision that a human being wouldn't have. Overall, I don't think they care too much. In Neverwinter, Astral Diamonds come from two sources. The first is feature packs that come with bonus AD that you can buy once per account (I guess one could buy a second one and send stuff over, but they're very expensive.) The second and primary source is the 24k per day each character can refine. Imagine an army of bots that log in, Invoke, and run Leadership or Profession tasks. I suspect this is probably where most of the AD in the zen exchange comes from. Fine by them, it inflates prices and people buy more Zen. It's win-win if you're smart enough to make a few accounts and run professions/invoke.

The new refinement system is slightly better, but it used to be you'd need a bajallion (this is legitimate quantity in the game -- I saw it in the developer comments) Rank 3 and 4 enchants and just keep refining them up to 7 or 8, then use wards to get 9 or 10. Coalescent Wards are 400k right now, which is crazy. The flat-out zen price is 1000, which can't be over 500k AD. But again, with an army of alt accounts, your odds of getting one in the weekly coffer goes up significantly.

mxnyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...........................................