0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CW 1-shot bug. ---PATCHED

This was posted on the Neverwinter forums a while ago... They're planning on patching it in a future update (but who knows when?) so take advantage of it NOW while you can!!!

EDIT::: PATCHED!
    Think this got patched!
    Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2 July 31, 2013 at 5:16pm
    Frozen Power Transfer Feat: Fixed an issue where this could extend the duration of all other effects on the Control Wizard.
    /EDIT

CW exploit how to one shot bosses.

Spec into thaumaturge tree making sure to get Frozen Power Transfer. This allows you when auto attacking with chilling cloud to build hiding stacks that increase the damage of non Dot Aoe damage spells (Chill strike in tab, Steal time, Shield, icestorm.). You have about a 8-10 second time to auto attack before your stacks fall off. Within just a few minutes of auto attacking the training dummies I was up to 1million damage with chill strike. All you have to do in dungeons is just keep chain pulling to keep building up stacks.
    EDIT: This does not work without Evocation Rank 3. Just tested.

One Shotting the last boss in CN. Please fix this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7qE...lGVC4o6THBLIFQ
    8:50 - 1 million crit

These are the feats I run to make this happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW 1-shot bug.-cw1shot-jpg  
    Last edited by ccrackheads; 08-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.

CW 1-shot bug.
    RyanPatrickBrothers's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks as though you've copied and pasted the bug report from the official forums. Many people already replied there that it doesn't work as described so it either doesn't work or it's not described properly (my guess as it's very poorly worded). I've tried it as stated and it doesn't do anything. If you'd care to explain it properly step by step then that would be appreciated.

ccrackheads's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I just copy/pasted it, hence why I provided the link to the Neverwinter Forums where I took it from. I'm not looking for recognition for it or anything, just trying to give a heads up on it before it's patched.
    Honestly, I don't have a free CW to test this with right now (I'm not going to respec my main toon just to mess with it) and haven't attempted it.

But, if you'll notice the video he just posted yesterday here: Neverwinter One Shotting Azharzel Last Boss Castle Never - YouTube and skip to 30:40, you'll see him 1-shot the Castle Never boss. Also, screenshot pointing out the damage: https://i.imgur.com/3rVqi3n.jpg
    So apparently IT IS WORKING... It's just a matter of figuring out what exactly you need to make it work.

gamer34's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this does work just for me it took for ever to build to do mils of damage (5min+chillcloud) on target dummy not sure how he got enough stacks to 1 shot on last boss though

hasancanan's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    working, but still looking usuless. because u need stack damage 10+ min.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gamer34 View Post
    this does work just for me it took for ever to build to do mils of damage (5min+chillcloud) on target dummy not sure how he got enough stacks to 1 shot on last boss though
    Can you explain how it's done?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its very easy use the spells/feats in topic and go to target dummy use the at will spell chilling cloud for 5+min then try chill strike in tab slot watch the huge numbers.can also try a traped in box org foundry map also

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gamer34 View Post
    If you switched to a low damage weapon (find a level 1-2 orb) and had a few slow moving mobs (like a couple hulks), you could easily avoid them while dealing minimal damage and building stacks. Then switch back to your lvl 60 orb before going after the boss..?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u watch the video it seems like a normal run even seen him lose the buff before 3rd boss and only cast a few secs then 1 shot unless they edit the video to make it look more over power or sumthing else is giving him almost auto insane damage

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit:nm saw another video he posted. pretty sure I use chilling cloud long enough to have seen an increase in aoe spells but nada. I didn't turn round and hit something I wasn't building stacks on though, I'll try that next time I'm on.
    Last edited by RyanPatrickBrothers; 07-27-2013 at 09:15 PM.

exxzie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes... After a almost month of draco farm this is finally public.. oh well.. I honestly didn't expect this one to stay undercover for this long.

I'll clear up the doubts,
    This bug needs extensive teamwork.(Impossible to do with zone chat PUGs) Maybe the biggest reason why you didn't hear about it till now.
    You need Frozen power transfer AND rank 3 Evocation.
    Basically bunch up the mobs with Singularity, keep them tagged with with 3rd hit of Chilling cloud. Use Shield, Steal time and Chill strike as much as possible to rack up damage quickly. Stacks stay for about 8 seconds~ in my experience so be careful as you clear the mobs if you wipe everything you wont have anything to hit with Cloud. Zombie hulks are awesome for this job don't kill them!
    Also, you must send your rogue/whoever w/o aggro, to open doors, initiate cut-scenes and activate boss portals (like the one at draco)
    If you keep stacking for long enough you'll eventually be able to kill draco using a full combo (Protip 1: it takes waaaay to long to stack enough to 1 shot draco and there's no need for that.)

Skills amplified by stack damage : Chill Strike, Shield, Steal time, Ice storm. (Protip 2: Having a GF with Knight captain set helps a lot!)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by exxzie View Post
    You need Frozen power transfer AND rank 3 Evocation.
    This explains a lot, thank you.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by exxzie View Post
    Yikes... After a almost month of draco farm this is finally public.. oh well.. I honestly didn't expect this one to stay undercover for this long.
    Yeah, it's actually been floating around for a month or so... Just someone finally dropped it on the NW forums and youtube, so I figured I'd make mention of it here so people can take advantage of it before it's patched. I heard about it about weeks ago but never bothered to try it because I didn't know the exact feats/skills that you needed for it.

Thanks for the more in-depth explanation about how to do it! Sounds like it's a little painful to get working right (especially if you want to 1-shot the CN boss, but I'd settle for 3 or 4-shotting it) and takes some real teamwork to take full advantage of it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This got patched today.

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130723a.2 July 31, 2013 at 5:16pm
    Frozen Power Transfer Feat: Fixed an issue where this could extend the duration of all other effects on the Control Wizard.
    Last edited by ccrackheads; 08-05-2013 at 06:49 PM.

2serious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone tested and found if this still works or if it in fact got patched? I only see people say they 'think' it got fixed and remember, this is PW, nothing important/gamebreaking is a priority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast