I've been here almost daily: Here's a bias article on Neverwinter's full release menu

User Tag List

llammahed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been here almost daily: Here's a bias article on Neverwinter's full release

Right off, I wanted to break the game when it was in beta since that's what it's for. Now that we're in full release, I believe all that stuff is trivial, even when not exploiting the flaws.

Hi,

Neverwinter went live today out of public beta after having gone through closed beta (Feb '13-Apr '13) and open beta (Apr '13-Jun '13) where it received much scrutiny from the general public. Many issues ranging from general application instability, poor graphical performance, to glitches that can be exploited and gain unreasonable wealth in the game which in turn allows one to trade in for Zen, the currency received if you with to buy in-game items.

To this day, the day of release and the day of the first patch of release, there remains exploits allowing groups to farm high-level gear in 20 minutes revolutions. There are glitches introduced several patches back and made even more severe in the latest patch that cause T1 and T2 set pieces to 'mismatch' and fail to provide a set bonus. Pieces received before the patch will not work with pieces received after the patch. I'll not mention much of the heavily reported disconnects from players with otherwise great internet connections and issue with the Launcher/patcher connecting properly.

The newest feature of Neverwinter is Gauntlgrym where two guild battle it out in both PvE and PvP for rewards and, for the winning team, to take the top tier dungeon. However, there is an exploit which allows the apposing team to complete objectives even after your team has been declared as the winners of phase two and are rewarded. Here's a harshly written report as of June 20, 2013:

"during phase 2 it seems that if your side completes the pve objectives first and the game declares your faction as the winners of those 2 mini events and hands you the bonuses in the pvp side that the enemy faction can still complete them after its over to gain credit for these events. this caused my faction in gauntlgrym to lose out on being able to run the t2 dungeon at the end since them flipping those 2 events after we had won it caused them to win the overall event even though my side had won everything including the pvp match."

With Neverwinter going through closed beta, open beta, then launch and keeping in mind Cryptic announced the games development in August 2010, there is no doubt that this MMO is not only off to a rough start, but may not be able to keep up with quality assurance as their entire QA team was fired the moment users were no longer in beta.

To this, I wrote a poem:

We're no longer testers.
    We will no longer test.
    The game has been released
    That you cannot detest

You've patched and piddled
    Listened, you have?
    Your game remains broken
    Hire some mother****ing QA before releasing patches.

Thanks for your time.

I've been here almost daily: Here's a bias article on Neverwinter's full release
    2serious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guildmates are all bored with grinding end game content and have characters leveled and geared up, any ideas what game might be a good next step?

CopyWritten's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My character is currently stuck somewhere between the Gauntlgrym dungeon and the atrium. I timeout when I try to load my character (I am able to log in all of my others without issue). Time to play something else until my character is out of limbo.

I am kind of bored of this game, and the amount of bugs and exploits are ridiculous anyway.

llammahed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2serious View Post
    My guildmates are all bored with grinding end game content and have characters leveled and geared up, any ideas what game might be a good next step?
    I leveled two 60's and decked them in T1 gear before I realized folk were running CN mad fast and getting rude amounts of gear from it. I decided to trade in 150K AD for zen and get two character slots extra. I am now running a class I haven't played (CW) and it's a bit fresh. I know end-game is grim at the moment, maybe it will be better when I get 60, but I'm taking more of a PvP and Skirmish/Dungeon approach to leveling at the moment so the storyline quests aren't in my way.

That's how I've kept going thus far and have a small hope that Neverwinter will allow play beyond that without the weight of bugs and balancing issues in the way.

mxnyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...........................................