0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Bug with Unlimited Res Scrolls

So doing Castle Never tonight I gave one of our clerics who has issues with latency a rez scroll in the event that he died. This is the second night in a row that the scroll has bugged out and not been used up. He literally used the same scroll at least 100 times and soloe'd the boss from 9%. We're gonna come back in a try to replicate it again and see if I can figure out exactly why it's happening. if this has happened to anyone else any info would be appreciated.

~Nef~

Interesting Bug with Unlimited Res Scrolls
    Necronomnicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a way to be able to mess with my latency on the fly, without disocnnecting myself but being able to recreate the steady ping level he has and/or the spikes he has at will so that I can try this out myself while rezzing? what's his steady ping level, and how high does it reach while he's rezzing and about how long does each spike last in seconds that doesn't disconnect him? I suppose it may be as simple as setting my network password into windows, htting disconnect and then reconnect instantly after and hitting the rez scroll while it's doing that. I'll try this out with a scroll or 2, if i can get a decent idea on his ping steadily and how long his spikes last and whether or it says server not responding when he's using the scrolls so that i don't blow through too many scrolls having those details beforehand lol. good find on this btw, hopefully it'll make up for my gwf being useless now.

Edit: I wonder if he's freezing the scroll in his inventory, that's worth a try when I get around to it i think I'll try both at the same time and see what happens tomororw. I suppose attempting to vender, attempting to mail, regardless of inability, since it helped with the latest dupe, might also be worth doing just for the heck of it before attempting to use t he scrolls.
    Last edited by Necronomnicon; 05-30-2013 at 11:59 PM.

skakid's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use a program such as Netlimiter to limit the amount of bandwidth the game is using to induce latency.

stainmaker's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had this same problem with a minor injury kit.. but after the server reset it hasnt worked.... would love to recreate this again.. any ideas?

NEFASTARU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so we just cleared castle never in little under 45 mins using this aggroing everything run to campfire using res scroll along the way then die etc. It'
    s not latency it's been bugged in his inv for like 3 days now, I have a few screenshots inc.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any chance of knowing what or how to create the bug?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stainmaker View Post
    any chance of knowing what or how to create the bug?
    it may be that the item itself was bugged somehow, or the item slot it's in may be. if it's the item, it may have been bugged through trade while he was laggy lol. or perhaps the slot it was in from the person who traded it, may have once had a locked item int he slot. it could be any number of things I guess, thatc ould cause it to bug like that. one thing we can always count on, is osmething to be buggy in this game ha ha. I wonder if locking the item, then attempting to trade a few times, then closing ce or w/e you lock it with while mashing the accept on their end, or constantly freezing and unfreezing while they mash accept could cause a dupe or an item traded to behave like alocked item once it's traded. worth a go throwing osme lag into it too I guess, I have multiple accounts and will give it a shot tomorrow lol. with crap like pots or something to start with.
    Last edited by Necronomnicon; 05-31-2013 at 02:08 AM.

NEFASTARU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really think he locked the item to his inv slot on accident after i traded it to him. I do have to say this is so rediculous

UDontKnowWhoIAm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this NW thing isn't so protected after all,huh?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not at all, just tried the netlimiter idea and it didnt seem to work for me.. would pay big bucks to get this going lol!!

maoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same thing happened to me twice today on a consumable.
    its ok to npc it and buyback; the bug remains.
    however it goes away when i drag the item onto a keyhotbar.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maoz View Post
    same thing happened to me twice today on a consumable.
    its ok to npc it and buyback; the bug remains.
    however it goes away when i drag the item onto a keyhotbar.
    Do you know what caused the glitch? what were you doing at the time of getting it? details will help us get it figured out

llammahed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Put it on AH to see if it dupes. Or attempt to sell to vendor to see if it dupes.
    Thanks,
    Godi Hopeth Isworks

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for a while last night, I wa son my cw in the neverdeath doing clockwork guild tomb. outside of the tomb, I was fighting the wizard and mass of skeletors & I used my shield and threw a singularity and somewhere in there I was mashing the shield and other abilities while dodging until the singularity grabbed the skellies. My potions bugged out for a while in the equipped slots, I was able to spam them to instantly have full health form the 1k pots even. They didn't grey out with a cooldown.

When I logged onto my gwf later, he had the same bug also, but it wore off halfway through the dungeon. I'm not sure if its because I looted a potion, or had something to do with spamming abilities (dailies, encounters). I have no idea what caused it, but it happened randomly on my cw. I was in a group with 2 other people, one a 48 who needed the quest , and another around my wizard's level (I think it was 28 at the time this happened). I'm wondering if when they patched the latest dupe, they may have screwed around with something that enabled new bugs dealing with items or at least the equippable slots for potions.

Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Or have any idea on what may be going on internally that could have caused it? I was on my wizard in a hectic fight with adds, I think somehow the mashing of abilities and dodges hit a buggy combination. I think the res scroll locking, potion cooldowns killed for a couple of hours or so, these two things may be connected somehow and it may have something to do with the patch that killed the AH/GB dupes possibly.

EDIT: forgot to add this was happening while in combat, i spammed a few pots ont he gwf, and the cw had the 1k ones and while getting hit and after dodging i popped about 5 or 6
    Last edited by Necronomnicon; 06-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Alan1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...........................................