Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rollback because of Yesterdays AD Exploit!

Exactly what us smart people thought, check it out here:
    5.19.13 - Server Status Update and Important Announcements

Sorry folks who thought they made a bunch of moneys!

Unfortunately....

Rollback because of Yesterdays AD Exploit!
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zen exchange was wiped from hundreds of thousands of zen about 12 hours before the rollback point. There was more subtle people using it before that point as well.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Hjelpen's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but a 7 hour rollback won't help much when people have been doing this super public for atleast 2 days already.

rikker7's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    The zen exchange was wiped from hundreds of thousands of zen about 12 hours before the rollback point. There was more subtle people using it before that point as well.
    The unrecoverable damage to the economy happened after the exploit went viral, rollback is the only option in this case due to the volume. They know that the exploit has been around for much longer, but the remainder is a fraction of a percent that they will handle separately - this is pretty much what they said in their Q&A. From a database standpoint it is really easy to find the exploiting accounts and track where the currency went afterwards. The only people getting rich from this are the ones that have been silently using this exploit and selling the AD prior to yesterday's outbreak - there's nothing they can do about that except take the ADs from the unfortunate buyers. The exploiters will still get their accounts banned, but I don't think they care too much.

For the rest of us it just means we lose whatever we gained in the last 7 hours before the servers went down and receive some gift package as a compensation. All that remains is to be slightly jelly of the people who knew about the exploit for a week or longer.

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rikker7 View Post
    The unrecoverable damage to the economy happened after the exploit went viral, rollback is the only option in this case due to the volume. They know that the exploit has been around for much longer, but the remainder is a fraction of a percent that they will handle separately - this is pretty much what they said in their Q&A. From a database standpoint it is really easy to find the exploiting accounts and track where the currency went afterwards. The only people getting rich from this are the ones that have been silently using this exploit and selling the AD prior to yesterday's outbreak - there's nothing they can do about that except take the ADs from the unfortunate buyers. The exploiters will still get their accounts banned, but I don't think they care too much.

For the rest of us it just means we lose whatever we gained in the last 7 hours before the servers went down and receive some gift package as a compensation. All that remains is to be slightly jelly of the people who knew about the exploit for a week or longer.
    Isn't this shit in Open Beta? If so... why don't these idiots just wipe? Lol.. some companies these days are so retarded.

DrGonzo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/59
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been accepting real money for stuff, it's beta only in name and function and... well everything but price.

Evankeliumi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was moved back to lvl 58 from lvl 60. And lost all my pvp epics that I farmed. Im pissed off.

kevin719's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aelus View Post
    Isn't this shit in Open Beta? If so... why don't these idiots just wipe? Lol.. some companies these days are so retarded.
    if they wipe, they will loose a LOT of people

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FearAndLawyering View Post
    They've been accepting real money for stuff, it's beta only in name and function and... well everything but price.
    I'm pretty sure they could return those items right?

Originally Posted by kevin719 View Post
    if they wipe, they will loose a LOT of people
    Either way they're loosing a lot of people. You will loose a large amount of people due to the exploitation (not that I care cause if I played I would of done it too) or you will loose a lot of people to the wipes. From what I saw on their forums it looked like a lot of people are requesting a wipe. o.o

Mortox's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aelus View Post
    From what I saw on their forums it looked like a lot of people are requesting a wipe. o.o
    Most of the people requesting wipes are casual scrubs. People with very little to lose who would rather get put on an "even playing field" with everyone else. Neverwinter sort of took off out of nowhere, people were skeptical of the game at first but it has gotten a lot of fairly good reviews as well as praised by a lot of popular gaming streamers, which has definitely prompted a wave of latecomers to sign up to play who are all well behind the curve of the people who started on day 1.

Personally I bought the $60 founders pack, I had a level 60 within the first couple days, and have earned ~20M AD legitimately, and poured a lot of hours into the game so far. For me a wipe would suck. Yes I can see the effects of the AD exploits in the economy, prices are definitely a bit higher (especially for high-end stuff) then they would have been without any exploits, but it's not so bad that someone like myself can't integrate into that economy and even take advantage of it.

If I had started this game ~10 days after launch, only had a level 40 character, no founders pack, and very little wealth, would I vote for a wipe? Absolutely, it could only benefit me, but now? No way. I'm in the top ~2-5% of the player base, have one of the strongest characters on my server, it's simply bad business for people in my position. I'm actually very happy with their solution to the recent problems - they can't please everyone but I think their solution will retain the largest number of players as they didn't go to one extreme or another.

We'll see what the fallout is in the coming weeks/month regarding anyone that may have stashed away billions of AD, but I suspect anyone lucky enough to get away with it will be subtle in their actions, not making any absurd purchases or drawing attention to themselves, and that's fine in my books.