Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bought collectors edition back at the release, never played it longer then a week, due my computer was still on xp and wasnt able to get direcx10 =( it eating dust atm on the shelf , was thinking to try it again but atm with wow and aion i'm kinda busy to make some time for aoc ;( game looked potentional but u needed a heavy pc to run it propperly
    6):

ximen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played it for 10 days, sheesh. Waste of money I say.

eonos
    Tried it out. I'm not a huge fan of WH universe but that thing didn't really impress me as a game.

No_LiMiT's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played trial and loved it (or so I thought). Bought game and regretted it after a week. I was completely lost, rarely any people around, ganking everywhere, too many bugs etc. It's been a while since then but no intentions to go back. I'd rather sell my account for something but doubt anyone would buy it(level 3x rogue/assassins forgot class names)

thyflin
    Downloading client now. New feature - offline leveling sounds interesting for playing several different games at a time.

jimmy2222's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it's not too bad anymore. Funcom has really stepped it up a notch. They merged almost all the serves now (I remember on launch they had a fair amount), there's only like 3 or 4 now. I only just reached 80 after they had the double XP pots introduced and I still can't find the time to actively play that game or commit to it. It's fun and all, but the gameplay just doesn't make me want to come back.

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    expansion got released today. Heard good things about it, content is apparently there now.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

EzMimic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I heard the same. I played it at the beginning, comp could barely run it. I for some reason want to give it another chance.

Hmmmmmm..

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give the trial a shot. You get to play levels 1-20 unlimited time, so no "10 day trial shit" just play levels 1-20 for as long as you want.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Callern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me give you some quick facts about AoC, as it is today.

I'll start with the upsides:
    * The melee combat system is superior to any other MMO
    * PvP Combat is very enjoying, where u have to put everything into perspective. Envoirment (ofc every game have most of the same factors, tho AoC makes it different), where on the body u hit the target, blablabla alot of stuff like that
    * Graphics are just lovely. Can not be compared in any other MMO i've played.
    * Tight communities, one of the upsides of being a "notsopupolated" game, it brings the game to a whole different lvl, i know many which play the game just because of that.
    *It is a very, very, tactical game, you can have good gear and shit, but at the end of the day, thats not what matters.

Downsides:
    *Lack of content, no expansion did not fix this much for a PvP'er, for the regular PvE gamer i guess its good tho
    *Funcom does not do a very good job when it comes to fixing shit n' stuff, revamping classes etc
    *Imbalanced classes, this is far from what it should be, tho its totally, 100%, playable and enjoyable
    * It's easier to enjoy the game as a PvP'er if youre hardcore

To sum it up.
    Age of Conan PvP wise have not improved since expansion. The game is original, tho uncomplete. Myself, I played the game hardcore, I've achived to be in one of the best pvp guilds and teams on my server.
    For a new player, if youre not noob when it comes to gaming that is, this game should be able to entertain you for a year ++, depends. You can not judge the game from what random ppl answer in posts like this tbh. Never judge a game from what ppl think of it. If i were you, i would make a trial account, make a melee character and start playing. Give it a couple of weeks/months, you will have a hard time getting into a pvp system like that, and if u do not like it, you have not lost so much time.

AoC is a MMO, which have the potential of being the best, and most played. If Funcom sold the game to Blizzard, it would maybe happened, tho they wont sell.
    If youre the kind of guy that could to play a game with aspects and potential, this might be the thing for you
    Last edited by Callern; 05-19-2010 at 07:32 AM.

hypposp
    You've done a very good sum up on game's good and bad sides but I'm sorry but I can't agree on it having the potential. It would've been fitting to talk about potential before game's release or shortly after but AoC was here 2 years now (well in 4 days it would be). So I don't really see it possible for Age of Conan to gain more popularity or become much better/different game in future.

Callern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hypposp View Post
    It would've been fitting to talk about potential before game's release or shortly after but AoC was here 2 years now (well in 4 days it would be). So I don't really see it possible for Age of Conan to gain more popularity or become much better/different game in future.
    Yes, nothing big is happening in game, cause Funcom don't know how to fix things. But, the game still have the potential of being one of the best, tho FC does not do anything with it. So don't get me wrong, im not saying this will be better in the future, cause prolly, it won't, but it could be. For instance, the PvP part, it's a one of a kind system, Funcom won't do anything with it, but it still has the potential to grow to a new style of pvp systems in MMO's

Edit; I'd like to mention the Secret World. Same graphic motor as in AoC, and if im not wrong same combat system. If you play a game now, and you're happy with it, it might be clever to not explore too deep into FC's jungel of failure, but wait for TSW to come out and try that game
    Last edited by Callern; 05-19-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Slickzz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was online a bit earlier today, everything was dead.

mindoftw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost interest in the game very early, played when it was first released for a couple of weeks and then left. Then like 2 months later came back for a little bit and then left. To me it just seemed like they were trying to do something with the combat system to make it seem different from other MMO's but i just thought of it as kind of clunky since you had to do the combo moves and stuff. The graphics however i did like just the gameplay didnt seem up to par.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast