Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need some help on finding memory stuff and check my current offsets

heyho,

i'm trying to make my own ressource farmer and for that i need some memory reading.

this is what i got so far:

Age of Conan_EU v1.05.3__68961.lssave ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...

this is a mhs ct.

I don't know wether i did this right so it would be nice if someone could check this.

Seconde, how am i able to obtain all that adresses with cheatengine?
    It happens that when i try to find a pointer with CE i can't get past the first level (maybe there are no pointer and it's static) but that's why i need some advice.

third how do i obtain and use the object table as i don't understand how to use this.

AOC client: EU(german)
    winxp 64bit

need some help on finding memory stuff and check my current offsets
    defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote a PM to you only to find out that the forum does not deem me worthy of being able to send private messages. In an effort to increase my post count ill just post what I was going to PM you here.

That list of addresses I posted is already outdated as there was a patch since then. Almost every patch you can expect the location of the static pointers to change and with larger patches the offesets can change as well. If its a major patch then the entire data structure might have changed.

I use Cheat Engine 5.5 to find the addresses I need and then write programs that use them.

The current address of the pointer that points to the player data block is [0x02097BA4] From there the offset 0x124 takes you to the player X position.
    The next 2 coordinates are +0x4 more since each coordinate is stored as a float and takes up 4 bytes.

There is more than just player coordinate stored at the player data block. Things such as health and movement speed are also stored there.

If you want to see more uses of the player data block check out Sychotix's AOCDebug source
    The old data block pointer was 0x0189C478 and the offsets for position started at +0x2C

TLR
    Player X [0x02097BA4]+0x124
    Player Y [0x02097BA4]+0x128
    Player Z [0x02097BA4]+0x12C

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi defthack,

ok your pointer are working fine. but what have i found then? just some random stuff?
    after reboot, open other programms my offsets still work o_O.

I gonna say your pointer are right and my are wrong, so how do i obtain the same pointer as you?(is this possible?)

here is what i do as i can't find the same stuff

first i scan eg player X:

after a few scans:

ok i got not that much green adresses so lets look for some pointers to this, so i add all the green ones to test through all.

this is what i get as results and none of them is near yours (Player X [0x02097BA4]+0x124)

so i think i'm doing things wrong. would be nice if you or someone else could give me some advice on this. I gonna check out now some tutorials on pointer from ce forums and google maybe i can solve this by my own but i won't give that much on it.

hope to here from you soon
    thx in advance

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The player position is stored in many places but the once I consider to be the correct address is the one that will move your character when modified. There are several ways to find out which one that is. I use a combination of methods for finding the player position. I first do a search for player position then search for unchanged addresses move a bit and research for the new position then add all of the addresses listed. Next I do a search for something else I know to be in that same data block like player movement speed (5 for running 8 for sprinting) and filter out the position addresses that are not near the addresses for movement speed. Then I modify the possible position variables that still remain untill I find the one that causes my character to move.
    Just to test this out try modifying one of the addresses you have and it will get reverted back to its previous value in a few seconds. If you change the one I posted then all of the other variables that mirror the player position will update to that new value. If all you need to do is to know where you are then any of the listed memory positions would work. You can also use the ingame keybind to copy your character position to the clipboard and parse that. If you want to change your position however you would need the address I posted.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh nice i understand.
    i gonna try that now i hope i will get the same results as you got, after that i gonna post what happened.

but a small question, u use only the green adresses or black ones?
    Last edited by freitag; 07-19-2009 at 08:35 PM.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i i'm back.

seems like you used the black ones, but how do i determinate wether to use green or black ones?

I got like 30 adresses eg for X then 30 for y
    sorted them....so i think you got that much too, but now...did you test all 30 adresses -> search for pointer and test wether something is changing when you change the value to obtain the right one? or is there a trick how to get faster the right one?

----
    if you search for pointer do you use "what writes" or "what accesses"? I read some stuff about "what reads" but i don't have this function, do you have it?
    sometimes when i try to use "what writes" on a multilevel pointer i don't get any results dunno why...seems like you used "what writes" for your offsets as i can't get any good result using "what accesses"

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I even start looking for pointers I determine which address is the one I actually want. Then I do what accesses this address and find the offset. In this case the offset is +0x124 So I subtract 0x124 from the address I want to find a pointer to and do a scan. Having already known that this is a single level pointer i'm looking for a green address now. Green addresses are static and black are dynamic. Then I will add that green address with offset I found when doing "What accesses this address" and restart AoC to make sure its the correct pointer.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by defthack View Post
    Before I even start looking for pointers I determine which address is the one I actually want.
    and how do you know which adress to choose? 1 of 30 is pretty much. i mean 1 of 30 just for one X postion

--
    gonna +Rep for your help

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most things you search for wont have so many posssible addresses. But the way I find out which X position address I want to find a pointer to is
    I first do a search for player position then search for unchanged addresses move a bit and research for the new position then add all of the addresses listed. Next I do a search for something else I know to be in that same data block like player movement speed (5 for running 8 for sprinting) and filter out the position addresses that are not near the addresses for movement speed. Then I modify the possible position variables that still remain untill I find the one that causes my character to move.
    From there I search for a pointer to that address.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by defthack View Post
    Most things you search for wont have so many posssible addresses. But the way I find out which X position address I want to find a pointer to is

From there I search for a pointer to that address.
    lol ok it's late but i understand, as i can change the value even if i don't have the pointer and my character will move :> easy if you know -_-

I gonna try to get some other stuff that got to do with my character.

---
    next step would be Target and Game Object

Target

Serial, Current (R, 4 bytes): [2373C7C] UPDATED
    Type, Current (R, 2 bytes): [02373C7F] UPDATED
    Serial, Last (R, 4 bytes): [02373C84] UPDATED
    Type, Last (R, 2 bytes): [02373C87] UPDATED
    Coordinates (Selection Circle)
    Target X [023A3D08] +F0 NEW
    Target Y [023A3D08] +F4 NEW
    Target Z [023A3D08] +FC NEW

Game Object Table Mobile(SEE CHANGES)
    Table Base: [171420C] +8 +EC UPDATED
    First Object Base: [171420C] +8 +EC +0 UPDATED
    First Object Type: [171420C] +8 +EC +0 +7 UPDATED
    Object Offsets
    Serial: +4 UNCHANGED
    Type: +7 UNCHANGED
    Target Type: +14C7 UNCHANGED
    Target Serial +14C8 UNCHANGED
    X-Coord: +10C SEE CHANGES
    Y-Coord: +110 SEE CHANGES
    Z-Coord: +114 SEE CHANGES
    Name, Mobile: +1538 UNCHANGED
    Health, Cur: +1B4 UNCHANGED
    Health, Max: +14C UNCHANGED
    Level: +220 UNCHANGED
    Owner Serial (Pets): +1678 UNCHANGED
    Invulnerable (NPC): +11AD UNCHANGED
    Stealth Type: +1716 UNCHANGED
    Loot Owner Serial, Orig: +280 UNCHANGED
    Loot Owner Serial, Current: +288 UNCHANGED

Game Object Table Immoble
    Table Base: [017A71DC] +10C +84 +4 SEE CHANGES
    First Object Base: [017A71DC] +10C +84 +4 +0 SEE CHANGES
    First Object Type: [017A71DC] +10C +84 +4 +0 +7 SEE CHANGES
    Objects Offset (Similar to mobile game objects offsets)
    Health, Cur: +297
    Health, Max +29B
    Name: +210
    i gonna check out whether i can get this or not -_-

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuff for the target position is just the selection circle that goes below the person you have targeted, so it wont work for resources. The way the game finds the position of your target is by checking who you have targeted [0x0209471C] and searching through the array of game objects until it finds one with a matching serial number, then it will grab that object's position. I don't fully understand the way the game object arrays are managed but I know that there are several different arrays that store pointers to the same game objects. The list I use was the one that was easiest to find a pointer for.

[0x02EF9790] + 0x4 * Object# - 0x4 +Variable offset.

This means that the array starts at the location 0x02EF9790 points to. If you just grab the data stored at the location 0x0x02EF9790 points to it will be the first object in the list (array position 0). If you want the next object in the list read 0x02EF9790 then add 0x4 to the value there and the sum will point to the second game object.

The position offset for the game objects is:
    Object X +0x184
    Object Y +0x188
    Object Z +0x18C

This however only works for player/npc objects and not for resource nodes as they are a different object type that is also stored in the array

The offset +0x8 is the objects serial number and the offset +0x4 will tell you what type of object it is.

For a resource gathering bot you would just traverse through the array looking for an object with the object type (offset +0x4) that is a node, then read its name to see if its something you want to gather, and then read its position.

I dont know what the type variable is set to for a resource node as I havent messed with them. The name offset and Position offset are also different for resources and I dontknow them either.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so this is what is used in a radar?

I got now "all" the playerstuff, once you know where to start with and how it's not that hard. (aoc not loaded so no values but all are working as intend)

i don't realy get what you have written.

0x02EF9790+0x4 = firstobject type
    0x02EF9790+0x8 = firstobject serial
    0x02EF9790+0x184 = firstobject x
    0x02EF9790+0x188 = firstobject y

hmm i'm messing something o_O
    would you show me this in a CT, maybe show how to read the targets/objects name too?

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeha looks like all of those are possible memory locations, the one thing I noticed is you have 1 rotation variable when the rotation is stored as 4 variables. The first two rotation offsets are quaternions and the next two are the cosine and sine of the rotation angle.

The object stuff works like this
    0x02EF9790+0 = pointer to first object
    0x02EF9790+0 +0x8 = First object serial
    0x02EF9790+0 +0x184 = First object X
    0x02EF9790+0 +0x188 = First object Y

The second object would be
    0x02EF9790+0x4 = pointer to second object
    0x02EF9790+0x4 +0x8 = second object serial
    0x02EF9790+0x4 +0x184 = second object X
    0x02EF9790+0x4 +0x188 = second object Y

0x02EF9790+0x8 = pointer to third object
    0x02EF9790+0x8 +0x8 = third object serial
    0x02EF9790+0x8 +0x184 = third object X
    0x02EF9790+0x8 +0x188 = third object Y

Thats what I meant by +0x4 *Object# -4 since the first object starts at 0 (4 * 1 -4 = 0) If you do a find what accesses this address its what the game is actually doing when its looping through the objects array.

freitag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

i think the value that i got for the rotation should be enough to know which direction i'm facing.

i can't get the object stuff to work somehow -_-
    if you write

0x02EF9790+0x8 +0x184 = third object X
    0x02EF9790+0x8 +0x188 = third object Y

you mean
    0x02EF9790+0x18c = third object X
    0x02EF9790+0x190 = third object Y
    ??

how do i obtain the name of the object?

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean you read the address at [0x02EF9790] then add 0 if you want the first object 4 if you want the second 8 if you want the third. then read the address thats the sum of the read value and offset for object number. (The sum of the two numbers takes you to the start of the object) Then you add an offset to that to get the address of that variable.

The name of the object (for players/npcs) is +0x364

To do this in cheat engine you click the add pointer button twice.
    http://imagebin.ca/img/tLxEXIY.png

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast