Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is worth trying

I think that many here has grown tired of the constant questions
    (which probably are several weeks old cause of the inactivity in this forum)
    about whether or not you should try out Age of Conan.

My opinion; Yes. Get the trial, try it, THEN make up your mind about it.
    Much of what has been said at this forum so far about AoC has,
    to my experiences, been pretty wrong.

AoC probably wont be the new top MMORPG, but it is fun and entertaining,
    especially if you need a little break from WoW.

For those who actually could consider trying it out before bashing it down,
    here's a mini guide.

Download the client via a torrent
    (for those who can't be bothered to look for themselves, click here for a TPB link.)
    Just turn the torrent on at night when you're sleeping, or when you are at school, then sign up for the trial
    (which can be done by clicking here)

And for a mini guide inside the mini guide, here's how to get a trial

press the red text saying "sign up for a new account here"
    Choose your country
    Select Age of Conan (this srsly is hard, feel free to PM if you get any troubles at this step. >.<)
    Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and choose EU or US.
    After that, it's just like for WoW, enter your details, false or wrong, then play the game.

Please note that the link I provided is for the EU version, but just as for WoW you can change it to US/EU at will.
    Open the " LocalConfig.xml" file in your AoC folder, and change every place it says EU into US, or the other way, depending on what you want to play on.

Oh, and people might ask what the reason behind this thread is...
    Number one is to give some positivity into the AoC forums,
    Number two is to see more people in AoC
    aaand prepare the drumroll...
    Number three, to make me more sleepy so I can hopefully get some sleep.
    I'll probably edit this thread a bit, so my apologies if it's hard to read in it's current state.
    FOR A MOMENT, NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN, AFTER A SECOND OR SO, NOTHING CONTINUED TO HAPPEN.

Yes, it is worth trying
    Shank099's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with this completely, i play wow constantly and i have 2 accounts and had heard of AoC. I decided i wanted to try it so i said F it and went to Ebay and bought it for like 10$. I love the game, its a great change of pace from wow and is different in many ways which is nice to have when your sick of wow. Its a great game, graphics, gameplay, combat system, questing is amazingly easy and alot better then wow's IMO.

Thoric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's wortwhile to get through Tortage atleast, it's not a bad game.

Ordada's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FREE 7 DAY TRIAL - Age Of Conan there are the Trials!+Rep

Hansen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this game has grown alot since the start 1 year ago. It definately is worth a try!

ultimabarb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah this game has drastically improved from its launch one year ago, give it a try and

Infernous's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing WoW for four years, last week I finally completed the 100 mounts / 40 exalted reputations achievement and 75 pets and I said to myself: what now? and found a website link on WoWinsider linking to Massively - multi MMORPG blogsite.

I have always deeply held WoW on its throne as the only online RPG I will play without feeling the urge to rip my eyes out, I tried Guild Wars, nope not for me; then later tried Age of Conan on release to find myself SERVERALLY disappointed like most others with: intensive lagg, 15 minute load screens in Tortage (starting area) and a constant 5 FPS whenever someone else comes within view of me.

Though, this was played on a computer with a single core 2 ghz CPU, 1GB RAM and a crappy 6000 graphics card, which I had no intention to upgrade as I could play my belovered WoW perfectly fine on.

Now, however you can easily get a pretty powerful gaming computer (or parts for and build your up) for horribly cheap prices; I upgraded my dinosaur computer last week to a lovely 3 GHZ QUAD core for £100, 4GB RAM £30, a 8600 graphics card for £20 and a new motherboard £60 to support the upgrades.

Now, I decided to try Age of Conan again.... constant 55-60 FPS in all the maxed out settings... 10 seconds loading screens in Tortage: WTF circuled around my head quite a bit, I know I upgraded highly but, I was running AoC with the lowist settings and getting 5 FPS.

Whether its the game itself that as changed to not require a powerhouse of a computer anymore, or if its simply that technology has advanced so much in the last few years, that now you can easily build up a powerful new computer scratch from a computer market for about £300 when you've got ALL new components apart from monitor and speakers.

Eitherway, Age of Conan runs very smoothly now, and I am loving every second of it! it is truely a fantastic game, the graphics are much better than WoW's, the world PVP is encouraged and is fantastic, I've never enjoyed WoW's PVP but AoC really gets me involved as a stealthing Ranger, tracking down one player across an entire island, slowly stalking my prey then bombarding them with a hail of arrows (hell can even put it in first person shooter mode where you have a sniper sight!), waiting for them to run into my traps so I can start kiting them around.

As regards to lacking content, I really havn't seen any content issues; the great voice acting through the starting zones (yes, this is rare once in main land), beautyful scenary, and a ton of quests which, all are impossable to complete without them going grey (I did 20-30 in one of the 20-30 areas, without ever entering another) and the storylines and lore is much deeper than WoW's.

With WoW it always seams like I was just doing something random that serves no purpose, I don't even know anything about my character's history, I'm just going from quest to quest, helping some noob and nothing matters, sure The Wrath of the Lich King improves this but not to the extent of the huge and entising chains within AoC which deliever a large wealth of lore, cinematics and story.

Is worth trying? Hell yes!, I only had to level a character up to 7 on my trail account before I thought... I need to reactive my real account, this is great.