[PREVIEW] "The Secret World"  New MMORPG Coming soon from Funcom.... menu

User Tag List

XGamerX's Avatar Banned Powerleveling and Unbanning Expert CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PREVIEW] "The Secret World" New MMORPG Coming soon from Funcom....

Funcom is releasing a new game soon called "The Secret World". This is an MMORPG I am extremely excited about. This game focuses on 3 specific underground and possibly mythical but real life organizations. The Illuminati, The Dragon, and The Templar. There is no races or classes in this game what so ever but there is thousands of abilitys, weapons, spells, and things you can do and you can choose to specialize in. Be whoever you want to be! I wanted to do a bit of a simple guide on this upcoming game because I am really excited about its release and I think it will be fairly big (not a WoW killer because its completely different, but still big).

Here are some of the unique aspects of the game I wanted to highlight a bit.

THREE SECRET ORGANIZATIONS:
    (Preview videos are listed in my posts below... if a moderator could combine them I would appreciate it)

The Illuminati:

The Templar:

The Dragon:

You can choose to be a part of one of these three secret (and real life) organizations. Complete missions for the cause of these societies all over the real modern day world. Imagine a world where entire governments are swayed by the hidden hand and word of secret societies. In The Secret World you get to join these secret societies. The Illuminati, the Dragon and the Templars – each stand united in their war against the rising darkness, but divided in their pursuit for power. What secret society you choose to join will have profound, long-lasting effects on your gameplay experience.

EXPLORE THE REAL MODERN-DAY WORLD:
    Travel throughout our modern-day world, visiting both real locations as well as areas known from myth and legend. From Egypt to Transylvania, you will get to traverse entire continents through your adventure. You will progress through your secret society’s hiarchy and unlock new powers, uniforms, and weapons as you unravel their mysteries and their secrets. You will also fight for your side in the player vs. player conflict, fighting to control legendary locations such as Stonehenge, El Dorado and Shambala. Players will also enter persistent war zones where large-scale battles takes place involving over a hundred players at the same time.

WEAPONS AND POWERS:
    Acquire thousands of weapons and hundreds of different powers. Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives – there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use. The Secret World provides you with hundreds of different options for your character, from different weapons and clothing, to a vast set of different powers. As there are no classes or levels, there are no restrictions as to what to wear. You can pick up new pieces of clothing through missions or battle, or you can visit the shops in London, New York or Seoul and dress up your character any way you like. The powerful progression system allows you to pick and choose whatever powers you want, never restricted by class setups. You can acquire powers within anything from firearms to destructive magic, mix and match anything, or choose to specialize in a certain direction. Regardless of your choices, you will never be at a disadvantage and you can always play together with anyone you want to.

CHARACTER PROGRESSION:
    Experience a game with no classes or levels. Just total freedom of play. Be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play. The Secret World is completely without classes and levels, allowing you to progress freely. Experience a game that has no classes or levels. Truly freeform character customization allows you to create the alter-ego that you want to play. Choose from hundreds of different powers for your character without ever having to re-roll, completely eliminating the need to follow a set path of progression throughout the game. Choose the powers, the weapons and the clothing that you want to use. The Secret World does not force you down a set path of progression. You are free to do anything you want at any time. If you ever get tired of doing missions or slaughtering demons, why not return to your secret society and perform tasks for them so you can rise up in their order? Do so, and you will unlock even more powers, weapons, and even unique uniforms. And, of course, untold secrets!

GAME TRAILER

GAMEPLAY PREVIEW:
    (I ALSO HAD A VIDEO TO INBED HERE, BUT I WAS UNABLE TO DO SO DUE TO SITE RULES)
    The secret world (though it has not been officially announced) appears to be planning a release for at minimum PC and XBOX360, and it appears that other consoles and platforms may be included as well. There is a gameplay previews from the XBOX version of the game available, and it is confirmed that a PC version will be available as well though it is not clear weather these platforms will be combined or playing on different servers at this time.

RELEASE DATE:
    TO BE ANNOUNCED (I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD WHEN FURTHER INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE)

Thanks for checking out my guide. Just to be clear most of this information was taken from youtube or other official sites, much of it was also worded and written myself. I dont want to take credit for anything I did not create, I am not involved in the making of this game in any way nor have I tested it- I have just kept up fairly closely on its developement and I wanted to contribute to you guys by compiling a guide so you guys can see how awesome this MMO looks to be.

Thanks
    XgamerX

IT APPEARS I CANNOT INBED VIDEOS ON THIS SITE I AM NOT SURE WEATHER THAT IS AN ISSUE OF POST COUNT OR IF THAT IS JUST A RULE HERE, SO SORRY FOR ALL THE EXTERNAL LINKS, IF A MODERATOR CAN CHANGE THAT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT- IF NOT THANKS ANYWAY
    Last edited by XGamerX; 01-28-2012 at 11:17 PM.

[PREVIEW] "The Secret World"  New MMORPG Coming soon from Funcom....
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Templars Teaser:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragon Teaser:
    Last edited by XGamerX; 01-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Illuminati Teaser:
    Last edited by XGamerX; 01-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Parrky's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember this from two years ago, I was reading the developer's stuff and the direction he was bringing it was amazing

jonel's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parrky View Post
    I remember this from two years ago, I was reading the developer's stuff and the direction he was bringing it was amazing
    never heard of this game.. but interesting