Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Online Lives Up to the Hype or not?

Questions:

Does Warhammer actually works?

How does The player-versus-player system works? Also in off times.

How is the grinding factor in the game?

Is the map design any good most of the screenshots I seen on line look pretty much all the same....

Any reason there is just one town in the game?

Will none fans of the tabletop miniatures role-playing game Warhammer can enjoy the game?

Can you jump in the game? (unlike Guildwars)

For people that not enjoy PVP at all can how is the pve content?

Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dassaace View Post
    Questions:

Is the map design any good most of the screenshots I seen on line look pretty much all the same....

Will none fans of the tabletop miniatures role-playing game Warhammer can enjoy the game?

1. Yeah it works great. and is alot of fun.

2. Well its Open Field PVP (RVR) and Battlegrounds (Scenarios) and there are alot of those

3. There is grinding believe it or not, the only grinding is public quest contribution points.

4. The map works great not a great art work as wow but it looks good, and when you pick up a quest you can see where to go like quest helper in wow.

5. Yeah its big (it is really huge) and the opposite faction can raid it which is the hardest battle in the whole game where you also will have to fight the king of your city.

6. Yeah i hate the table top game but i love the MMORPG

7. Yup

8. There's dungeons and public quests (which are grind if theres no one else there.) At the last stage of a public quest there will be a fun boos fight with some good loot

Enjoy
    Last edited by Viter; 10-02-2008 at 08:47 AM.

TheFreak's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Nope, batteries are now dead. I guess they weren't Energizer Batteries.
    - - Just kidding. The game works as it should. However, like any game there are bugs that still need to be worked out but it will take time. They have done a few small hot fixes to the game since release. It is getting better for not even being out 1 month.

- In off times, it sucks. When the kids get home from school and the adults from work it's a freaking blast. There is pretty much no wait time what so ever so it could be non stop.
    - - The Realm vs Realm and Scanerios scores are based on what you do in the game. The more you do, the more renown points you obtain and the more experience points you'll earn.

* Realm vs Realm you basically take over the opposing factions territories like you do in AV for World of Warcraft. However, this is a non stop battle that never ends. At any point in time you can enter or leave with out worrying about a deserter tag place upon your title.

* Scanerios is like the old way AV was on the waiting in the off times. However, you can choose which Scenario you want to play from any location in the game. You don't need too speak with an NPC to be allowed in, you just click the Icon and click ready.

There is a mixture between AV style scenarios and WSG style scenarios.

- It's nothing compared to the grinding you have too do in World of Warcraft. You choose when to grind and when not too. The grinding in Warhammer Online is fun.

Is the map design any good most of the screen shots I seen on line look pretty much all the same....
    - The world is pretty simple but decent. It's more open in area's than I would like but that's the way they made it.

- There is one but think of size wise. It would be like Orgrimmar and Undercity combined. Raiding the enemy town is outstanding fun.

- I don't see why they wouldn't enjoy it.

Can you jump in the game? (unlike Guild wars)
    - You can, Right off a cliff if you want.

- There are way too many quest you can do. You can travel from your "state" to others of your faction and do those quest there too. It's fun.

Thanks to BreakDown for the above signature
    Become a donator today and get access to the awesomeness OwnedCore.com has to offer!

JohnPreston's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people who go into detail and people who just want to cut the crap and go straight to the answer.

So let's take your topic title,

YES!!!

MSN: [email protected] || AIM: wowmineacc

My Newest Epic Release: HERE || Moola Invites: HERE
    Customer Service Software: HERE

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dassaace View Post
    Questions:

1. Ill answer that twice, The Lore works very well for an MMO, lots of never ending content that can go on forever
    The game works well, they are patching bugs left right and centre and released their first noticible patch 2 weeks after release (Yay 4 patching)

2. It does work well, in off times it can be slow to get into a scenario RVR battle but i do all my PVE in off times so meh

3. No so much as you mix up how you play
    Eg. when pveing such as quests or Public quests, always have your scenario entry qued up so that you can quickly jump into rvr and mix things up
    Breaks up the grinding
    but it will be a grind if you ONLY rvr or ONLY pq

4. This is one of the only places i have issues with the game, its fairly linear, but you are free to explore the other battle fronts and places so it can be easially broken up
    The quest hubs are spaced well apart which allows for alot of different areas and mobs between a and b but it gets alot better witht the mount at 20

5. In reference to capital Cities, there is only 1 for each side, but the city is :jaw: massive, you wont get bored in it soon
    And the city is like another whole quest hub, with dungeons and public quests within it

6. My dad plays it with me, he has never played the Table Top and loves it, although, i have to sit there and give him good names for chars (go the Engineer called Malakai!!!)

7. Yes you can jump in and out at any time, same goes for pve, rvr and public quests. it doesnt matter how long you play but if you can set aside a few hrs on the weekend to do keep raid with your guild or just random ppl around you, its even more fun
    Oh, and jumping off cliffs is fun, insted of falling

8. Quote from G4TV's Xplay Review of the game "if you love PVP, this is the game for you, if you dont like PVP, still give it a try as this is a game not to miss"

Hope that helps u matey
    Hell, buy it, do the 30 day trial and if you dont like it, atleast you can come back if you ever want too
    Last edited by shazarn; 10-01-2008 at 10:08 PM.

TheDipper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No game EVER lives up to hype.

Hype is usually riddled with speculation and lies, and shouldn't be trusted.

However; WAR is fun. Take it from me, I was anti-WAR. I don't even know why I'm having as much fun as I am; but I am.

Phoenix^'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Warhammer actually works? Yup

How does The player-versus-player system works? Also in off times. Fine, but the cap of the server needs to be raised

How is the grinding factor in the game? I havent got to a point where I had no quests.

Is the map design any good most of the screenshots I seen on line look pretty much all the same.... Imo it's good.

Any reason there is just one town in the game? Eh? there is more then one town.

Will none fans of the tabletop miniatures role-playing game Warhammer can enjoy the game? Don't know

Can you jump in the game? (unlike Guildwars) Yeah

For people that not enjoy PVP at all can how is the pve content? ATM there is not alot of people "raiding" But it will come I'm sure about that. PQs is wonderful but the bosses is a little too strong

JoeThePlumber's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you much all I am on my way to finally get it!