Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Lore - You ask, I answer.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Stephen Colbert; 01-18-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Warhammer Lore - You ask, I answer.
    shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 2 that me and my friends argue about alot:
    The lead up to the War of the Beard

The creation of the warhammer universe (and how 40k links in etc)
    That should keep ya busy hehe
    Thanks!

Stephen Colbert's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I got lots for you xD

The War of the Beard: The first major conflict between the Elves and Dwarfs.

Before the War of the beard, all was good.
    The Elves and the Dwarfs engaged in large amounts of trade, allowing both races to prosper.

Their firm alliance had began on the faithful day a dwarf War band had run into a fleet of elves that were blown off course. The same day the two 'instant allies' fought along side each other to kill a horde of Beastmen.

While the story varies depending on whose side it is being told by, it is believed that, in the initial attack, elves ambushed a Dwarf caravan, killing countless amounts of defenseless dwarfs.

While their was no solid evidence the ambush was of elvish doing, the dwarfs believed that there was enough to assume that they were guilty.

So a rag-tag group of dwarfs went out on 'hunt', killing many elves whom they thought were responsible for the act.

However, the war did not start just then. Gotrek Starbreaker, who was at the time the king of the Dwarfs, did not want a war to break out amongst the still peaceful nations.

And so it was, the King sent envoys to Ulthuan to help negotiate and end the war peacefully.

The elves were absolutely disgusted. They were outright offended that the 'beast-like, uncivilized elf slayers' would even dare try to negotiate, let alone place the blame on them.
    In their arrogance, they removed the beards of the envoys, bringing some of the greatest insult known to all Dwarfs. This act could not go on unnoticed.

And so the War of Vengeance (as the dwarfs call it) and the War of the Beards (as the elves call it) broke out, resulting in the elves being repelled from all of the Old World.
    Last edited by Stephen Colbert; 09-27-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the very first creation of the Warhammer Universe... well you can relate back to alg's guide for that.

I can, however, tell you some of the very earliest events to happen, including how Warhammer 40k and Warhammer are linked.

In the beginning, the Old Ones existed in mass in the Universe.
    They had many slave races who did their bidding, who traveled in star ships in unimaginable number with unimaginable speed.

The slave race, being the Slann (the first of the Lizard-men), helped carve the very first of the universe.

They finally made a civilization on a planet whom all of Warhammer takes place. The planet was altered to the needs of the Gods, continents moved, the planet's location in space adjusted, so that it may be fit to be inhabited by life. The world was covered by great cities inhabited by the Old Ones and Slann.

The old ones also gave birth to other slave races whom were more fit for certain roles that the Old Ones needed to be completed.
    The Saurus, were spawned as warriors or defended the mighty Slann.

The Old Ones controlled the planet for very long, evolving their slaves so that they may be better.

Of course, The Old Ones were eventually forced from the world by Chaos, etc, etc, all that such isn't important.

Lets go back a bit. Now that you know the very beginning of the Warhammer world, I can show to you the link of Warhammer 40k.

The link is made by the Necrons, or rather, the ancestors of the Necrons, the oldest race.

As previously mentioned, the Old Ones went around the Universe, cause they were that bad-ass.

As the Necron Codex reveals, The Lizardmen were not the only race they made. They filled a huge amount of planets with their races, colonizing the entire Universe.

However, they were not the only one's in the massive space.

The Necrontyr were a race born under a fearsome star that made all of their lives amazingly short. Cities were built only in anticipation of their destruction. Their lives were dictated by constant loss.

Seeing that there would be no progression in these terrible conditions, they set out blindly into the stars, encased in living metal that would allow them to stay in stasis for the long travels ahead.

It was again inevitable that the Necrontyr would run into planets inhabited by the Old Ones. They Old Ones had a massively large civilization, as they were able to swiftly colonize a huge amount of planets.

The Necrontyr grew insanely jealous. The old ones lived almost infinitely long, and yet they lived a cruel, short life.

They Necrontyr, in their rage, tried to combat the Old Ones, yet their advance technology was no match to the instant transportation that the Old Ones had mastered. The Necrontyr were cut down until they were nothing but a little bit of a bother to the Old Ones. The Necrontyr soon became infinitely angry not only at the Old Ones, but at all things living.

The Necrontyr had always studied stars, trying to grasp their creative and destructive energies. It is in their studies that they found something much greater then the Old Ones, Gods that were made of pure energy, who fed on the stars. These Children of the Stars would be the downfall of the Old Ones.

They were called the C'tan (as named by the Necrontyr.)

No one knows how they established communication, but they did.

The Necrontyr encased themselves in the living metal that made their stasis chambers and ships, granting them much more abilities. The C'tan grew a lust for mortals, the temptation of having a massive amount of slaves too great to surpass.

The C'tan not only lusted for not only slaves, but also the massive consumption and slaughter of living, something that pleased and empowered them much more then that of the consumption of stars.

So the C'tan promised the Necrontyr immortal life, a trick whom the Necrontyr immediately fell for. For they did not realized that they would transform their bodies, the C'tan sucking out the life Necrontyr, and living them lifelessly encased in living metal. No longer living in its most literal term, they were now considered Necrons, with the last of the Necrontyr consumed by the C'tan.

Now that the Necrons were immortal, they and the C'tan consumed all of the Old Ones in a massive slaughter greater then anyone can imagine.

Well thats enough for now, there is another link between 40k and Warhammer, but I will explain that later.

FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO READ IT ALL, I CAN SUM IT UP.
    Alright, let me try to sum up all this info as much as I can.

The Old Ones made the Lizard Men and a lot of other stuff across the Universe.
    That is Warhammer Fantasy.

The Necrons and the C'tan killed all the Old Ones.
    That is Warhammer 40k.

That is about as basic I can go lol.
    Last edited by Stephen Colbert; 09-27-2008 at 07:00 PM.

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, Thanks heaps for that
    +rep for each one!
    i got the war of the beard right and the origin of the universe (mostly) (take that alex and sam)
    Thanks again, yeh really know your stuff
    Anyone with questions, ask!

Yemmiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give some story about Bloodthirster!
    'I don't HAVE to win, I just CAN'T lose.'

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay,
    Im working on some early ex-pac ideas, Went Lustria as ex-pac as i love lizardmen
    anyway, i figure the destruction race would be Skaven (lizardmen and skaven have had psat conflicts, i remember that from somewhere)
    I got the lizardmen classes right just need the skaven ones filled in lore wise and ability wise
    Link here
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/warham...ast-night.html
    Feel free to update the why these armies fight section and make any other comments on it u want
    Ill pm this 2 u too

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate xD

I got some ideas myself about Skaven classes.
    I'm gonna list quite a few classes, as their a few options.

Skaven:
    Plague Monk
    Play kind of like Warlocks but w/o a pet.
    Would really be based of dots
    I would imagine they have a lot of armor, as "plague monks must be hacked to pieces before they can actually be stopped because of their fanatical zeal."
    Maybe they have a special ability (frenzy) that allows them to take damage but not die, as it stops at 1 HP (they are killed once the effect of the spell wears off.)

Assassins/Night Runners/Gutter Runners
    IMHO, while these are different things in the skaven lore, they would play exactly the same; as rogues.
    DPS, stealth, etc.
    If gutter runners, maybe even a special rule that lets them "dig" under ground and "surface" behind their opponents.

Master Moulders
    These guys are really interesting... they make mutations/use diseases to harm others. I would imagine it would play like a warlock, with the 'pet' being very customizable.

Warlock Engineers/Warplock Jezzails
    Warlock engineers would be kind of like dwarf engineers, except with unique spells and dots. They would deff use things already mentioned, like wind globes (which would be really interesting to use in-game.)

Grey Seers/Plague Priests
    Already very well described above. I would imagine they would be something like that of which was described above.

Clanrats
    Basic unit, similar to warrior. Would most likely be based on rage, can could tank or DPS.

Storm Vermin
    This would be a great tank choice. Storm Vermin are the 'elite skaven' in each clan they gain access to heavy armor choices,

Thats all I have to contribute atm.
    Im real sorry I'm not too good at listing what abilities they may have... I am short on time atm, if I were to come back to it I am sure I could think of some spells they may use.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yemmiz View Post
    Give some story about Bloodthirster!
    As far as story goes, their is not much to say about the Bloodthirsters.
    They are quite literally the embodiment of anger and rage.

They are greater demons of Khorne, or the almighty blood god.

The chaos gods represent the negative emotions, whom I will explain later, and Khorne was one of the first gods around, the god of Anger.

I won't go too much into him, for much goes without saying; he sits on a skull of thrones in a sea of blood, you really get the idea of what kind of guy he is xD.

Bloodthirsters are massive beasts who lead forces of chaos in the name of Khorne. Their massive size and infinite rage makes them almost impossible to engage in close combat.

'nuff said.

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, were sorta on the same track,
    heres what i had
    Skaven Classes (skaven is not my strong point, if anyone wants to fill in, go for it!)
    (Tank) Either Rat Ogre Handler or Warlord
    Rat Ogre Handler would have a Rat Ogre pet that acts as the tank whilst he DPS/support the Rat Ogre
    Warlord would be cross between Marauder and Chosen/KOTBS/Saurus Champ
    Too much warpstone has caused mutations, you pick mutations depending on desired effect eg, increased toughness for tanking, increased strength for dps, bad breath for debuff. No major physical transformation Toughness a bit bigger, Str bulkier etc
    Assassin (MDPS)
    Uses Poisons
    Warp Engineers (Parallel to dwarven Engineers)
    Turrets, Jezzails, Poison Wind Globes, Warpfire Throwers
    Grey Seer (Heal/Support)
    Support Buffer, Debuffer with minor healing elements

any ideas based on that, im not sure about grey seer as healer...

shadeburn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Ninja View Post
    skull of thrones
    o'rly? :O
    But please, explain about how it went with sigmar, and who the hell is this emperor guy that the impereal guard and space marines are serving?
    +repped you already

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha sorry about that.
    Meant to say throne of skulls, but lol you get what I mean.

Alright firstly lets get to explaining Sigmar!

Sigmar basically is the guy who united all the human tribes and created the Empire. Being the founder of the empire, he was considered almost holy.

Sigmar in his younger years, freed a dwarf king, and obtained the weapon Ghal Maraz or "Skull Splitter" in gratitude.

Sigmar then went on to cleanse the land of all that was evil; splitting the heads of chaos, slicing up beast men, and trampling orcs.

In the battle of Blackfire pass, Sigmar and his forces fought side by side with the dwarfs to repel one of the greatest orc forces ever seen.

Upon returning from his campaign, Sigmar was officially crowned Emperor at what is today the capital city of Altdorf.

He set up an effective system of government which is still being used by The Empire today.

After fifty years of ruling, the Emperor traveled east past the World's Edge Mountains to traverse the unknown realm of chaos. He was never seen again.

However, his legacy still continues on. A few years after his disappearance, a man named Johann Helsturm founded the Cult of Sigmar claiming he had a vision being told to do so. It quickly formed into a full blown religion that is practiced by much of The Empire today.

In the Sigmarite Church, as the religion is formally called, Sigmar is worshiped as a god who has united the forces of man, repelled evil, and protected the weak.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now the Emperor... damn he is, imo, like one of the top 5 coolest guys in Warhammer 40k lore. I gotta warn you now, there is ALOT about him.

Now before I begin, the Emperor in Warhammer 40k is NOT TO BE CONFUSED with the one in WAR. They are entirely different! There is no cross-over! Ok now lets begin.

The Emperor of Mankind. This guy is quite literally a god in human form.

It is believed he was born in what we know today as the Himalayas, into a tribal society when the human race was still forming.

The interesting thing about Warhammer 40k is that it's history is more of a Sci-Fi thing . By that I mean In WH40k, the story takes place far in the future (rather then WAR taking place in a whole different 'alternate universe' altogether.)

Anyway, before we continue, you must understand the concept of the chaos gods. The chaos gods, imho, effect WH40k MUCH more then WAR.

Point is, the chaos gods are generated off emotions, Khorne thriving off of rage, Slaanesh off of envy and passion, etc.

Ok, now lets continue w/ the whole story. The Emperor is a psyker, meaning he has amazing mental power that he can use, ranging from things similar to 'force actions' like that in Star Wars, to passive abilities like protecting a material plane from chaos.

The Emperor also has eternal life (but is not invincible!). As I stated before, he was born around the time of Early humanity. He lived for thousands of years, watching empires and civilizations rise and fall, and using his abilities to guide humanity in the right direction.

The Emperor was well aware that the chaos gods thrived off extreme emotions (this is where my previous statement comes into play). He spent much of his trying to restore peace and harmony within humanity.

Then came the dark age of technology. This period in time, ranging from the 15th to 25th millennium, was quite literally the peak of human technology. Humanity had mastered many great feats, like the STC (Standard Template Construct), a sort of plan or blueprint. STC's were used to explain how to build almost anything, and could be modified with the user in mind.

This allowed humanity to expand very very very rapidly across the galaxy. However, after securing almost the entire galaxy, disaster stuck.

Chaos began to take root in the galaxy.

This caused the generation of huge amounts of warp storms, which can best be described as huge chaos rips in space that one simply could not pass.

Warp storms caused many solar systems to become isolated, splitting humanity into millions of small pieces. Civil wars began as men fought for control of the isolated territory whom they lived. Demons thrived and spread across the galaxy, killing many weakened isolated human empires.

Even our very own solar system was isolated. On Earth, techno-barbarians fought for control (think mad max but much more high-tech), and all of the great technology humanity developed was lost (with a few (and I mean very few) exceptions).

On Mars, the Adeptus Mechanicus (sort of part human part machine race who worship the machine God) were able to take control and repel the mutants occupying their land. They were disgusted by the wars taking place on Earth and so did not try to interfere, and instead for thousands of years remained on mars mastering new technology.

Now, finally, without further ado, enter THE EMPEROR! (about time, right xD)

Towards the end of the Age of Strife as it would be called, the Emperor, who had decided he could no longer guide humanity from the background, began developing super-genes based off his own DNA. He conducted many experiments in his under-ground laboratory in the Himalayas, and finally become content with a super gene he developed.

Long story short, the Emperor, who was living in his under-ground compound, set foot to recruit many techno-barbarians. With his charisma he was able to do just that, and he successfully made them into his very own gene-warriors.

With this new found force, the Emperor, tired of the warring of humanity, set out and conquered all of Tera (Earth) and Luna (the moon).

The Emperor, who had once and for all united humanity on Earth, then created the Primarchs.

These were twenty clones of himself, all of which with slight variations, all of which with the absolutely perfect genes, and became super humans.

And the Emperor then collected the genes of his Primarchs, and began making legions of men, called Space Marines, for each of his primarchs. Each legion had the same genes as their primarch, again, with slight variation between each marine.

Then came the birth of Slaanesh. This was due mostly because of the eldar, but thats another story for another time. With his birth, the warp storms dissipated. It was time for humanity to reclaim the galaxy.

Unfortunately, the chaos gods tried to sabotage these plans, and with their powers, scattered the still young primarchs across the galaxy.

With the warp storms gone, however, the emperor was able to set out and search for the primarchs. By the time he found them, they had reached adulthood, and often were the leaders of the planet whom they were sent to. When the space marines and The Emperor began a planet to planet search, they eventually found each primarch except for 2, who were never found. The primarchs, most of the time, instantly realized the Emperor was their 'father', and embraced his arrival to their planet.

With the Primarchs found, each one took control of a legion of space marines who shared the genes of their primarch. The legions set out across the galaxy to reunite the humans that had been isolated for thousands upon thousands of years.

Some worlds accepted their arrival, many others fought the space marines, beleiving their civilization was the correct one and the 'invaders' were their to destroy their cultures. Many others had 'forgotten' their history, and thought they were the only humans in the galaxy, often being very surprised when other humans came from above saying "Welcome back!" xD

Ok well now we are almost to the conclusion, if you have read this far, then damn, you have no life xD lol

I am gonna try to right this as briefly as possible.

The Primarch Horus, which was The Emperors favorite, fell to the influences of chaos. Many other primarchs fell as well. This started the chaos space marines.

In an epic war, the Chaos Space marines (once again) pillaged the galaxy, destroying much of what was gained from their previous campaign of conquering it.

They eventually arrived at Terra (earth), and in an epic battle, Horus killed the still great (good) primarch Sanguinus. Then the Emperor and his son clashed, and The Emperor killed Horus, sending the chaos forces to retreat into The Eye of Terror (this place where it is said the Chaos Gods reside.)

However, the Emperor was mortally wounded, and was then attached to the Golden Throne. While his body is dead, his 'spirit/soul' lives on, and thus his not entirely dead yet not entirely alive. Thousands of people must be sacrificed so that their souls can power the emperor and keep him alive.

The Emperor's psychic
    ability also keeps the astronomicon alive. This huge beacon allows for warp travel, and is kept alive by other psykers who slowly decay over time (tens and thousands of psykers btw). Should the emperor die, the astronomicon will be useless, ships could not travel through the warp (and thus could not reach other solar systems), the empire would collapse and then become eternally isolated (leading to its collapse.)

So, in a sense, the Emperor is still holding The Empire together.

xD
    ino, alot of writing, sorry.

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOt 2 things to say
    Karl Franz is a pansy, as is the 40K emperor, as is Sigmar
    Im happy now

pr0ph3t-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -----------------------
    Last edited by pr0ph3t-; 06-13-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast