Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on

Hello,

I just wanted to warn people here as I was apparently just banned from the smart bot website (sb-forum.com).

I purchased a lifetime key for SmartBot over a year ago. I logged into the website today to download the latest version and all of my access to the site was revoked other than the public forum for non-owners of SB. They claimed there were changes to "help protect users" and we had to contact Wirmate(the owner/dev) to have our old keys converted to new keys and get our access to the forum put back. They never emailed existing users, made a sticky post or anything. They just took access away and expected you to go digging to find out how to get it back. I kept asking how any of this actually helped protect the users and I got generic responses like "it's better for everyone" but no real explanations.

Then the bigger issue I noticed and posted about that apparently got me banned. THE SITE HAS NO SSL! I noticed it wasn't SSL but figured at least the login portion would be SSL right? NOPE, WRONG. I opened up wireshark and logged into the site, and right there in plain text was my password. So be warned. They apparently ban paying customers for pointing out security flaws also.

WARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on
  2. Thanks Toalettduck (1 members gave Thanks to Surrealism for this useful post)
    corrob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The author is a college kid with a huge ego who thinks he is a genius for making his own closed source improvements on silverfish.

SmartCC Wiki - Wikia

I have a friend who had a permanent license and one day he saw wirmate claim that his bot does not inject at all... which if you knew anything about reversing was as silly as claiming the world is flat.

So in 10 seconds he found references to the bot all over the hearthstone process.

WARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-y4zb68t-png

He was not hostile about it but wirmate just perma-banned him for posting that.

If Blizzard wanted to, they could easily detect the bot using WoW-style warden detection. The author probably does not even know how to reverse warden.

I would just use Hearthbuddy. It may not be as good, but it is close enough. And you don't have to worry about being software detected.

Maybe if there were more posts about SmartBot then Blizzard would give him the reality check he needs.

4. Thanks Parog, GDK1337, Toalettduck (3 members gave Thanks to corrob for this useful post)
    Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that Wirmate is kind of a prick. I spent a good week working on a fancy web UI called SmartPanel, for managing the bot remotely, and I released it freely for everyone. It was a hit.

After seeing this, Wirmate contacted me to work on another "secret" project together and we had a few chats. He seemed okay, whatever.

Fast forward 2 weeks later and an influx of new users caused the bot to constantly lag and D/C [rendering it totally useless at peak times!] since it was overloaded and all calculations are done in the cloud. After bringing up this issue publicly because he seemed to not care about bringing his bot's performance up to speed (ie: working as intended), I was banned without explanation (although he DID refund my money).

Great bot, shitty dev.

6. Thanks Toalettduck (1 members gave Thanks to Iaccidentallytwink for this useful post)
    arTxOdb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [deleted by creator]
    Last edited by arTxOdb; 01-19-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: has been settled

swizard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'm normally on the hate wirmrate train, although a bit immature, his bot is very good... yet sb-forum is unavailable, and I've just been asked to pay 5k$(!!!) to renew my 'life time' license'. Something is definitely going on.

Edit: It's gone from bad to worse, he suspended all lifetime licenses, and only thing you can find on sb-forum is him begging for a job.
    Last edited by swizard; 01-21-2016 at 04:53 AM.

9. Thanks Toalettduck (1 members gave Thanks to swizard for this useful post)
    sharwood's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lifetime pass, cant log in to forum and key expired also, wtf is going on?

11. Thanks Toalettduck (1 members gave Thanks to sharwood for this useful post)
    Toalettduck's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys!

So what probably happened his living/server costs got bigger than his income from the bot, maybe he also finished school or got dropped out god knows, that could be why he is looking for a job. After I started a topic about being shocked and enraged about rendering my lifetime pass to shit I got banned within less then an hour. Later he replied to me in an email that he wants to keep a happy environment on the forum and for the first time he has to think for himself. Then my licence got expired, I wrote him again it got activated, but today it expired again... The forum is slow but up again. Auth server is up. He removed the announcment that he would report anyone to Blizzard who starts a PayPal dispute, but I think he might does it anyway. I used to think he is an awesome guy

WARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-wirmate_scamming_smartbot_customers_sb-forum-jpgWARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-wirmate_smartbot_scam_sb-forum-jpg

Reddit post describing the "crisis", he commented on it 3 times. See them below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...esubmitted_to/

https://www.reddit.com/user/wirmate

Wirmate is probably french as some uploaded WoW videos suggest this. He goes by the name of Vincent Thomas online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk9...UwQLPMb7qh_SUQ

All videos from Wirmate on Dailymotion

Some post claiming him being a scammer got removed from 1337pvpers.com.

If he used his real name for processing PayPal payments he could be looked up on Facebook or LinkedIn.

The forum could be up and down for being DDOS-ed, in that case they should rather attack the auth server.

WARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-wirmate_smartbot_scammer_begging_for_job_sb-forum-jpgWARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-wirmate_threathens_scammed_smartbot_customers_blackmail_terror_sb-forum_paypal_blizzard-jpgWARNING SmartBot shady stuff going on-wirmate_hearthstone_bot_maker_scam-jpg

https://hackhearthstone.com/smartbot-v33/

Here are some chat logs from Wirmate:

Don’t call this a “product”, it’s just my passion for the AI i brought here when HC staff did total crap after the banwave and with me. I never intended to create “a product”, i intended to do what i like, surrounded by people who likes it too. If you can’t understand that the work has to be priced to protect the userbase, i cannot help you

Yea, i get that, but i’m done with unsatisfied people, they always have something itching. Well i’m not here to deal with that,

I will never, open any of my resources to the public, i spent way too much time on it so somebody else makes profit out of it.

I don’t have forum admins, i don’t have trust to get forums admins for free, i cannot pay any staff, plus i dont wanna deal with retarded people, they shouldnt even exist in the first place

Believe me, @Arthur would be as exhausted as me dealing with that. The sad truth is that money is the motivation, and i don’t have money to give.

Because as soon as there’s an improvement people assume it’s a standard, so they want more, so they aren’t satisfied

I can’t, they paid for it. I did that in few rare cases but that was for other reasons. @TheFieryTaco Like i said in the changelog, i know these people exist, i’m myself one silent happy lurker of many projects, but waking up everymorning expecting complaints, “OMG OMG my arena were 2-3 and 3-3 on a sample size of 2 runs”… i’m done with that

There’s absolutly no reason to refund anybody, people got what they paid for, i don’t even Advertise the bot. If some people do that they are ****ing suckers that take out food of my plate, and i’ll fight as much as i can so they dont get anything back.

I’m glad for anybody that likes the bot, and that’s why i’ll keep paying for the two servers, for the forum license, for anything to keep things rolling, but my efforts towards the AI will stop. I don’t want flowers, i want idiots to shut their mouths

It depends, really money wise, i’ll for sure “support” new patches and expansion, so the bot doesn’t crash, but when it comes to the AI, if things are still in the current state, i’ll either find another model for money incomes (i’m not a volunteer), or just switch to another project and deal with updates whenever i have the time/feel like it.

It’s nobody in particular, it’s just there and there, the little complaints everywhere, the only time people are happy is when they get Legend, something the bot was never intended to in the first place.

That woudn’t be correct for others users, i’m not here to milk out people from their money, if ever something like this happen, it will be on donations basis, but we’ll see when the next expansion comes out.
    If you have also been scammed / banned by Wirmate please tell us your story! We are interested.
    Last edited by Toalettduck; 01-23-2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: additional information

wirmate's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you my story : I'm not trying to hide myself, i'm not trying to scam anyone and i actually refunded absolutly anybody that was too brain limited to understand the situation beside the paypal disputes that escalated and i don't have control on anymore until they are "unlocked".
    I'm not really open minded about being aggressed directly by people via PM/Mail/Whatever so i answered proportionally, period.
    About the logs, there are none kept about anyone using the bot.

If you came to talk to me not being "enraged" as you said, maybe your case wouldn't have turned out this way.

czullo1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i came to laugh not to feel

klh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wirmate is probably french as some uploaded WoW videos suggest this. He goes by the name of Vincent Thomas online.
    Yes he's name is Vincent Thomas and he's french. [email protected]

Personaly iv a lifetime key who disapeared (20 euros key bought in 2014)

czullo1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by klh View Post
    Yes he's name is Vincent Thomas and he's french. [email protected]

Personaly iv a lifetime key who disapeared (20 euros key bought in 2014)
    Is there any way to chargeback this transaction? i also buy key at the beggining of 2015

darkhon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wirmate View Post
    I'll tell you my story : I'm not trying to hide myself, i'm not trying to scam anyone and i actually refunded absolutly anybody that was too brain limited to understand the situation beside the paypal disputes that escalated and i don't have control on anymore until they are "unlocked".
    I'm not really open minded about being aggressed directly by people via PM/Mail/Whatever so i answered proportionally, period.

If you came to talk to me not being "enraged" as you said, maybe your case wouldn't have turned out this way.
    Emo some more kid, you are a disgrace to yourself.

bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wirmate View Post

Typical frenchies, running when shit gets thick lol

Senketsu's Avatar Moderator
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    248/125
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow reports people for doing charge back's First that's pretty shitty. Secondly Why as a bot maker would you report your own bot that's a whole of lot blizzard on you're ass and lawyers sending you letter's. i don't see the logic in all this my self. Well one more scammer for the books i guess

czullo1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whos gonna buy this bot now? Old customers who was **** in their asses for buying "lifetime" or new customers whos "1 month key" can be revoked in any moment and asked for buying another becuase "comapny need it" hahaha. This wirmate have some mental issues, stupid scammer kid.
    Last edited by czullo1; 01-25-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast