0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling, and taking items from trading post

Hi, I have been quite successful in finding the required id's (with ollydbg or fiddler it's easy) necessary to request information, and buy items off of the trading post (s_id and char_id). But it appears that there is no way to sell items or to take items from the trading post into inventory without being in game.

Has anyone worked on this yet? Obviously selling this would require a complicated sequence, but take items should be easy.

Selling, and taking items from trading post
    cokx's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm maybe you can tell me how to read out the trading post like this site does: Guild Wars 2 Spidy

n4noNuclei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I could, but he gives you the source, and gw2spidy has done all the hard work for you.

I used that as a base and translated it to C# but thats where I need the help. (arenanet hasn't done anything clever at all, it is really really easy, just use fiddler to find out what requests are being made).

Netzgeist's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a quick look into it. it looks like arenanet is actually allowing us to query a web auction house using a simple session cookie - which is pretty lol.
    Code:
    url = new URL("https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/ws/search.json?ids="+itemId);
    con.setRequestProperty("Accept-Language","de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3");   //chosen lang will be string response lang        
    con.setRequestProperty("Cookie","s="loginCookieFromWebsite");
    halking about buy/sell stuff: did you yet capture any stuff that leads to assuming buy/sell/retrieve is also a session static http 1.1 post?

edit:

buy stuff:
    Code:
    https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/ws/item/19697/buy
    -> {"results":{"items":1,"price":20,"fee":2}}
    no traffic was captured for selling stuff(besides the ui status updates). so i believe selling is not issued via the http 1.1 server.
    Last edited by Netzgeist; 09-22-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    regards,
    NG

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I have, I have my entire application setup already, which will buy things on the auction house, display info, keep track of prices over time, etc (screen shotSelling, and taking items from trading post-screeny-jpg), I have made a few gold with little effort, but it is very boring because you need to babysit it and constantly alt tab in and out. Obviously an ideal solution would be to have it sell and retrieve things automatically as well.

It is impossible to use my method to sell or retrieve items from the auction house. I think this is because the game itself talks to the webserver (not using a webrequest) to sell items, and retrieving items from the auction house has nothing to do with the auction house webserver. These processes will have to be implemented from within the game itself. Using autoit would be easy for item retrieval, but selling is another story, and retrieving items is worthless if you cannot sell them back.

I know that D3advanced for d3 had a list of all interact-able UI elements (among other great features), it would even let you virtually click them. Something like this would work perfectly.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you yet manage to eg order 100 copper ore for 26 instead of buying at 30 via http 1.1?
    regards,
    NG

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time I attempted to buy an item for less than what was it was selling for it returns an error. This can happen legitimately when someone puts something up for cheap and everyone spams the buy button in game.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was talking about placing orders, not buying. what me wonders is, both just send ws/item/.$id./buy while resulting differently.
    regards,
    NG

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    additional question to the community:
    Code:
    ws/me.json?time=now&type=sell&charid=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-441EA102B1B6&offset=11&count=10
    char id is hexadecial 8,4,4 for every account i own. its NOT the session which is passed seperately via cookie. any idea how charid is calculated?
    regards,
    NG

streppel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a pointer to both,the char id and the session cookie needed to order/sell items? i'd love to play around with it
    NON-OBJECTIVE HYPOTHETICAL PSEUDO PROCESSOR SPEED.
    https://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/9/10044/10285683.jpg

mdomino's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure this out in C#.

How exactly are you guys authenticating to the TP server and receiving the JSON info on an item? I've seen the JSON.Net library but was wondering if there was an easier way that I am missing. Once I get this little feature done then I'm good for the rest of my app!

edit: I'm looking to write something that could do the most common mats I use and look up their prices. I'm not married to C# and am more than willing to write it in C++/Java, etc. My only req is that this is an application and not a webapp. If you guys could link me some example source that would be stellar.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mdomino; 09-28-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added clarification

Shadowhunter12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mdomino View Post
    I'm trying to figure this out in C#.

How exactly are you guys authenticating to the TP server and receiving the JSON info on an item? I've seen the JSON.Net library but was wondering if there was an easier way that I am missing. Once I get this little feature done then I'm good for the rest of my app!

edit: I'm looking to write something that could do the most common mats I use and look up their prices. I'm not married to C# and am more than willing to write it in C++/Java, etc. My only req is that this is an application and not a webapp. If you guys could link me some example source that would be stellar.

Thanks.
    Here you go. I have it atleast logging in but I cannot get the buying to work. I keep getting a page not found when posting to /buy.

Code:
            private void Authenticate()
            {
                var cookieJar = new CookieContainer();

byte[] requestPayload = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(string.Format("email={0}&password={1}", Uri.EscapeUriString(UserName), Uri.EscapeUriString(Password)));

var request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("https://account.guildwars2.com/login?redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftradingpost-live.ncplatform.net%2Fauthenticate%3Fsource%3D%252F&game_code=gw2");

request.Method = "POST";
                request.CookieContainer = cookieJar;
                request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
                request.Referer = "https://account.guildwars2.com/login";

// Send the request
                var postData = request.GetRequestStream();

postData.Write(requestPayload, 0, requestPayload.Length);
                postData.Close();

var response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

if (cookieJar.Count == 0) 
                    throw new Exception("Error while authenticating account with trading post.");

// Store the session cookie so it can be used on subsequent calls.
                Cookies = cookieJar;
            }

mrLudijak's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how to get "char id" we need to send as POST data to buy items?

darkager's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been making SOME progress on this front, but I'm seriously stumped at how to get the CHARID... Does anyone have any suggestions?

SSlisa's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Netzgeist View Post
    additional question to the community:
    Code:
    ws/me.json?time=now&type=sell&charid=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-441EA102B1B6&offset=11&count=10
    char id is hexadecial 8,4,4 for every account i own. its NOT the session which is passed seperately via cookie. any idea how charid is calculated?
    I'm not really into the TP side of things but I deal with memory every day, tell me how you get the char id value and I might be able to work out how they calculate it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast