Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to help Globeul out getting AutoIt to buy stuff from the TP. The moral of the story is to make sure your post data and Content-Length are correct. Also, if you're doing a buy (from sellers) you have to have the correct price at the time of the request or nothing will happen. For items that fluctuate fairly fast (green wood log -> 9-10c and back over and over), this can look like your request is failing.

Selling, and taking items from trading post
    ip2x's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Has anyone been successful to sell items ?

Any idea of how this can be done ?

I can see that when I hit the Sell button within the game a GET request is sent to a json file (its filename is composed of something like an ID, incremented at each sell), but there is no trace of the item count i'm selling or even the price I specified... Thath informations are contained in the JSON response from the server when that strange JSON file is called.

I tried to simulate the request (calling the JSON file with its ID incremented, putting in the referrer field of the header https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/sell/32586) but the server response was empty.

I then tried to sell the exactly the same object within the game, I noticed that the JSON file and referrer was exactly the same I tried before (So my try didn't incremented the JSON file ID). That time the server aswered the game with good JSON, indicating how many item i've sold and the price i've sold them -.-

Could the game do something in memory that I don't ?
    Last edited by ip2x; 12-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Netzgeist's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling an item does not send any http reqest, its done via game packets.http 1.1 /sell/status/$integer is just an infopage about the listing id that awesomium process asks for after you sold it. its triggered via some javascript on the sell button. Since I on myself have no basics about memory reading/writing, this is all the info i have for you. Maybe someone will be kind enough to share this someday.
    regards,
    NG

ip2x's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's clear, the request is just here to bring status infos about the sell...unfortunately. Good thing is that in a week-end ,I've (re)learnt C#, discovered fiddler and created a decision support application with autobuy functionality that runs quite well ^^
    So why not go on and improve my memory understanding skill...let's be crazy Come on here ollydbg... ^^
    Last edited by ip2x; 12-02-2012 at 01:57 PM.

roobre's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

I see there is a lot of people here interested in creating a TP app :P
    It's not so hard, it took about 2 days to me and a friend to develop an interface to everything except what the title of this topic says. So, if you haven't already done it, it's pretty easy with ollydbg, or even CheatEngine (I used the last one).

So, for the other ones which are, like me, unable to sell & retrieve items, i'll say you a couple of things I've discovered.

I think is not possible to automatically retrieve items. Something pretty simple brought me to that conclusion: It's not a "standart" feature of the TP: You NEED to talk with an agent to do it. So it would be stupid if ANet would let us do it from the web...
    Selling items is not an standart feature as well: As you would probably noticed, via the TP web you can not access to any data of your character: The items you have on the inventory, the gold you own... (in fact, if you try to buy something over your possibilities in the TP via the game, it will say you that a network error occurred).

However, i thought might be possible through another webpage/socket, etc...
    So, i kept looking the memory, and I found something interesting: Just a few memory positions before most of the request to retrieve details of an item (/item/sell/), 4 numbers appeared: 64, 25, 40, 15. I made a guess, and found this. It's not casual, if you google it, you'll find it belong to ANet.
    NMap doesn't reveal any relevant info as well: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1732176/GW_nmap.xml (It's sad to say, but open it with MS IE to see the results nice-looking)

So... any idea of how to bypass the 403? Already tried with the "s" cookie, passing the SKey via GET and POST... I've no clue here.
    If you find something, please let me know, I really don't have idea of how to go on...

Regards, Roobre.
    Last edited by roobre; 12-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.

zeduckie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roobre, you are approaching the IP wrong
    tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net = 64.25.40.15

It wont respond properly if you access it just by IP

also dont forget everything is done over HTTPS , if u approach it over HTTPS u wont get a 403 but a cert warning
    Last edited by zeduckie; 12-06-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Paranaix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as it seems to me, that there are many interessted in the tp im going to unveil some work i did on my own.
    First of all, dont bother writing a "TP App":
    - You can access the native interface through https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/ with your favorite webbrowser if you just pass the session_id retrieved from the client. Although you can use the session_id obtained from https://account.guildwars2.com/login it isnt linked with any game-session therefore making it impossible to buy items or receive information about pending orders.
    - Forget about remote selling + taking; its completly managed by the gameserver, thus its like moving or casting a skill. Although quite easy to reverse, youll find yourself in trouble managing the whole login part + encryption etc. Basically youll have to write a whole custom client. Oh and then youll have the problem, that one must pass an item_id to the server (not data_id), have fun with the inventory :P

More interessting is the aspect of expanding the trading post, e.g removing the sell and buy limits. I did this some months ago and these were the results:
    Selling, and taking items from trading post-owned4-jpgSelling, and taking items from trading post-owned3-jpgSelling, and taking items from trading post-owned2-jpgSelling, and taking items from trading post-owned1-jpg
    This "plugin" was only available to a very small circle of people and was rather expiremental. We had some ideas about adding some graphs to the detail pages but we kind of lost the interesst in it. Currently it isnt working anymore, but could be fixed with little afford. As multiple people asked me to fix it, im thinking about a fully reworked public version providing informations from gw2spidy.com too. We will see
    Last edited by Paranaix; 12-06-2012 at 10:42 AM.

roobre's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zeduckie View Post
    Roobre, you are approaching the IP wrong
    tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net = 64.25.40.15

It wont respond properly if you access it just by IP

also dont forget everything is done over HTTPS , if u approach it over HTTPS u wont get a 403 but a cert warning
    Accessing via https outputs exactly the same: https://64.25.40.15/

On the other hand, I already know that all the rest of requests are made through tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net, I was just trying to find out if the item selling were done via another way...

Anyway, if what Paranaix says it's true (and it will probably be), it will be barely impossible to sell items in a simple way.

-----

Originally Posted by Paranix
    More interessting is the aspect of expanding the trading post, e.g removing the sell and buy limits. I did this some months ago and these were the results:

This "plugin" was only available to a very small circle of people and was rather expiremental. We had some ideas about adding some graphs to the detail pages but we kind of lost the interesst in it. Currently it isnt working anymore, but could be fixed with little afford. As multiple people asked me to fix it, im thinking about a fully reworked public version providing informations from gw2spidy.com too. We will see
    If ANet did it properly, and validates the count parameter on the server side, I don't think that would be possible to "fix it with little afford" xP
    Anyway, why would you want to have the data of GW2Spidy on the trading post, if GW2Spidy takes its data from there? It sounds a bit redundant.

Moreover, has anyone developed a C program to take out the session_key and charid directly? I'm not familiar with windows API and it seems to be a little messy asking for dbg permissions...

Regards, Roobre

Paranaix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our plugins acts like some kind of "wrapper" around the tradingpost and therefore just extends the basic functionality. Trust me, there are other parts broken, not the buy function; its really quite easy to fix. And with gw2spidy I meant pretty much just to integrate charts into the detail pages.

roobre's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Paranaix View Post
    Our plugins acts like some kind of "wrapper" around the tradingpost and therefore just extends the basic functionality. Trust me, there are other parts broken, not the buy function; its really quite easy to fix. And with gw2spidy I meant pretty much just to integrate charts into the detail pages.
    If you really want to extend the funcionality, you may better edit the hosts file to redirect all the queries of the TP to a server you manage, and preprocess the requests (i.e. allowing the user to enter any number, and then split it in stacks of 250 on the custom server and re-send the query), but I think just wrapping the awesomnium it's a bit useless...

Anyway, we were talking about selling on the TP, not modding it to add graphs x3

Regards

im3x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I want to thank you guy for the Information you provide in this thread.
    Some of the information really helped me to program several helpful TradingPost tools.

But now it seems like I hit a dead end with the attempt to automatically sell my stuff.
    As some of you already mentioned, the problem is that
    1. the Game and the GW Server use a encrypted connection
    2. retrieving your Items (in your Bag) /the sell request is not handled by the TCP connection BUT by a request the GameClient sends to the ANet servers.

My workaround attempt to this problem was, to work with AutoIts PixelSearch commands. Compare Pixels and stuff to click on the different buttons.
    And you know what, it works quiet well. Because the dimensions of the TP stop to scale with the window size up until a certain point, you can define where the buttons are by using a fixed "ankerpoint".
    If it sounds confusing let me explain.
    First i do a PixelSearch for the "Gem-Icon" and save the coords.
    Because the size of the TP Window doesn´t change, and you know know the position of the different Buttons and Textfields in relation to your AnkerPoint, you can click them by
    ButtonX=ankerpointX-"CoordsX for this Button" <- ButtonX is now the distance on the X axis to the ankerpoint.
    MouseClick("left",ankerpointX+ButtonX,ankerpointY+ButtonY,1)

It´s not the optimal way, but it works up to the point where i need to put in the price for the item i want to sell. I have a script to find out the current price of an Item, but i need to feed the script the ItemID, which i cannot provide. Sure, i Could just sell the Item for the current highest price....but meh, want to undercut for 1 copper.

I also tried to capture the TCP packets between GW2 and the ANet server with <Winpcap.au3>. But all I get is the encrypted response. So to make this work, I guess i would need to change my AutoIt script to perform as a Man In The middle like Fiddler. But then again, i know nothing about certificates...

Soo is there a way to get the itemID of the goods you have in your bags? I suppose this information could be found in the memory....
    I would highly appreciate a solution or any hint/info of how i could approach this problem.

Paranaix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by roobre View Post
    If you really want to extend the funcionality, you may better edit the hosts file to redirect all the queries of the TP to a server you manage, and preprocess the requests (i.e. allowing the user to enter any number, and then split it in stacks of 250 on the custom server and re-send the query), but I think just wrapping the awesomnium it's a bit useless...

Anyway, we were talking about selling on the TP, not modding it to add graphs x3

Regards
    Now guess what were doing

im3x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Paranaix View Post
    Now guess what were doing
    No need to split the order in 250 Stacks. This is a limitation from the TP JS.

Paranaix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, there are your packets:

Sell Item on TP (135)
    int inc (per session)
    int itemId
    short count
    int unitPrice

Take all from TP (181)
    int unk

roobre's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by im3x View Post
    No need to split the order in 250 Stacks. This is a limitation from the TP JS.
    I thought it was, but they fixed it on an update... I'll check with my app :P

----

Originally Posted by Paranaix
    Btw, there are your packets:
    Sell Item on TP (135)
    int inc (per session)
    int itemId
    short count
    int unitPrice

Take all from TP (181)
    int unk
    Oh, nice! ^.^
    Any idea of the destination address?