0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guild Wars 2 Precursor "Farming"

Hello I am new and I wanted to share a method I used in the past when I played gw2 to "farm" precursors. This is a way to guarantee over time you will get a precursor.

What you need to do is save up dungeon tokens. Dungeon tokens are awarded for you guessed right, dungeons! But you can also get from doing pvp reward tracks if you like to do pvp. Be sure to set the pvp reward track to a dungeon reward path.

The dungeon pvp reward tracks give boxes that give level 80 exotic weapons, as well as dungeon tokens. Choose the same weapon type each time. For say you want to get greatsword 2h precursor (name dusk) get greatswords. Save collected greatswords, and over time you will have many swords as well as dungeon tokens which are awarded for pvp reward tracks now.

The weapon boxes from the reward track give 80 exotic weapon type of your choice, and you ALSO get dungeon tokens as a reward along the pvp reward tracks. This allows you to get a LOT of 80 exotic weapons to throw in the mystic forge.

4 weapons are needed to have a roll in the mystic forge for a precursor. By saving up from pvp reward tracks, you will have "free" weapons, plus plenty of dungeon tokens. Use the dungeon tokens in Lions Arch to buy weapons from dungeon vendors. Weapons are between 290-390 tokens ea.

I cannot confirm this, but it is my believe that dungeon weapons (purchased with tokens) have a higher precursor chance than others. This is a great way to make wealth over time. Even a pure pvper can eventually get a "free" precursor this way by playing only pvp. I also believe account /age (play time) factors into this because I got a precursor very quickly trying this method on an old account (is how I discovered it).

Since then I have gotten many precursors over time with this method. They sell for good amount $50-100 USD depending on one you get. I hope this can help someone make gold over time. It not too much an "exploit", more so a smart method to get rich from passive pvp play.

BTW this is also a good method for BOTTING but botting in gw2 is not too simple. Maybe I will write about this later on.

Guild Wars 2 Precursor "Farming"
    Slangin_Games's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a method that I've been using a while myself. Made a LOT of gold over time. And yes, most useful when botting

littleguykoyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started playing gw2 a few weeks back. Just wanted to check -- Do you just bot pvp practice matches? and doesn't it get your account flagged? Or do you buy an alt acct and just bot with that?

Being new to gw2, I'm not sure how big Anet are on catching/prosecuting botters.

Tokah's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by littleguykoyo View Post
    I just started playing gw2 a few weeks back. Just wanted to check -- Do you just bot pvp practice matches? and doesn't it get your account flagged? Or do you buy an alt acct and just bot with that?

Being new to gw2, I'm not sure how big Anet are on catching/prosecuting botters.
    They are pretty good at detecting dungeon botting/ cheating. They have in game safeguards that can detect when people are farming the same thing repeatedly. Here is a quote from another forum on a thread about some custom made mmominion scripts:
    Originally Posted by ddarek View Post
    Anet guards dungs very carefully atm
    All my teams were banned since latest patches (June/July)
    Had only private scripts. No teleport techniques.
    Nothing helped
    Simple statistics I assume
    However, that is DUNGEONS. In PVP, they have almost no botting detections. Instead, they cap the amount of gold that can be made per account per day (per category like practice, unranked, and ranked). Each of the 3 has their own gold cap I believe, and if I'm not mistaken ranked even has NO cap. So I would suggest to vary up what category you are botting for. It helps if you are able to write some custom scripts as most people who write for mmominion like to charge for anything good.

BTW nice thread OP, good to see some activity involving guild wars 2 on here

mmogolds001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by littleguykoyo View Post

Myself I use an alt account for all botting/ hacking related activites in guild wars 2. I use VMware + proxifier together (a vpn would work too) to hide my "shady" hack account from anet. Main account is pristine and does not bot. Mostly plays the trading post.

The thing with guild wars 2, to be successful with botting/ RMT you really have to know the game and keep up with changes. The "living story" for instance adds new content every 2 weeks or so. Sometimes these living story events are VERY farmable. You can make great profit by farming the events on your real account manually, while also botting the same events in the background. I've had the most success doing methods such as this.

Keep in mind that all new gw2 account have "restrictions" on mailing gold in the beginning. They go away after x amount of play time, plus gold cap increases every 30 days. Once the account is around 1 month and you have played a bit (done some dungeons/ made legitimate in game gold) the limits will go away. IF you attempt to send gold before the first 30 days in amounts over 10g at a time, it will fail and anet WILL check your account out. I know this because I've had no reports on a new account and I had one character with a suggestive name (nothing too bad really ive had much worse). After failing to send the gold, the next day I log in and am forced to rename all of my "suggestive" toons. So anet does look into things like this.

Also, for botting, if you are reported AT ALL a gm WILL come check you out. I use hacks in spvp a lot and people report me often for "botting" since there is no hacking report function. When this happens, I usually just stop hacking for a bit and play the game for real for a day. A gm will secretly watch you for a game or two, and then realize you are not cheating (haha! you really are just a clever bastard) The anet GMs are able to go on any server, and they are perma stealthed so you CANNOT SEE THEM. They like to follow suspects into dungeons all the time, so be careful if decide to exploit dungeons with hacks.

For pvp botting, unranked is my preferred category to bot in. As someone else said, the 3 categories of pvp all have separate gold caps per day. Ranked is the highest, practice is pretty low (practice cap is around 10g per day if I am correct, plus loot and dungeon tokens). Unranked is preferred for me because you get 30 silver per win, as well as progress on a pvp reward track. The pvp reward track is used to gain exotics and dungeon tokens, then throw in the mystic forge for a chance at extremely rare and profitable weapon.

TLDR; to bot / make real money in guild wars 2, you have to both actively know and enjoy the game itself. I work for company that does a lot of RMT and they have lot of trouble getting people to sell to them. Gold price is high because anet is happy to ban so they buy a new account. Also very few public bots to choose from. MMOminion is best public one that anyone can buy...

BTW quick tip to beat mailing restrictions on new accounts: play buy orders for EXOTIC LEVEL 80 WEAPONS and send them. High price popular ones. No limit, but it best to not mail too often or cause suspicion. Also lose around 15% fee on TP after selling but that is the cost of laundering gold.

littleguykoyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mmogolds001 View Post
    Myself I use an alt account for all botting/ hacking related activites in guild wars 2. I use VMware + proxifier together (a vpn would work too) to hide my "shady" hack account from anet. Main account is pristine and does not bot. Mostly plays the trading post.

The thing with guild wars 2, to be successful with botting/ RMT you really have to know the game and keep up with changes. The "living story" for instance adds new content every 2 weeks or so. Sometimes these living story events are VERY farmable. You can make great profit by farming the events on your real account manually, while also botting the same events in the background. I've had the most success doing methods such as this.

Keep in mind that all new gw2 account have "restrictions" on mailing gold in the beginning. They go away after x amount of play time, plus gold cap increases every 30 days. Once the account is around 1 month and you have played a bit (done some dungeons/ made legitimate in game gold) the limits will go away. IF you attempt to send gold before the first 30 days in amounts over 10g at a time, it will fail and anet WILL check your account out. I know this because I've had no reports on a new account and I had one character with a suggestive name (nothing too bad really ive had much worse). After failing to send the gold, the next day I log in and am forced to rename all of my "suggestive" toons. So anet does look into things like this.

Also, for botting, if you are reported AT ALL a gm WILL come check you out. I use hacks in spvp a lot and people report me often for "botting" since there is no hacking report function. When this happens, I usually just stop hacking for a bit and play the game for real for a day. A gm will secretly watch you for a game or two, and then realize you are not cheating (haha! you really are just a clever bastard) The anet GMs are able to go on any server, and they are perma stealthed so you CANNOT SEE THEM. They like to follow suspects into dungeons all the time, so be careful if decide to exploit dungeons with hacks.

For pvp botting, unranked is my preferred category to bot in. As someone else said, the 3 categories of pvp all have separate gold caps per day. Ranked is the highest, practice is pretty low (practice cap is around 10g per day if I am correct, plus loot and dungeon tokens). Unranked is preferred for me because you get 30 silver per win, as well as progress on a pvp reward track. The pvp reward track is used to gain exotics and dungeon tokens, then throw in the mystic forge for a chance at extremely rare and profitable weapon.

TLDR; to bot / make real money in guild wars 2, you have to both actively know and enjoy the game itself. I work for company that does a lot of RMT and they have lot of trouble getting people to sell to them. Gold price is high because anet is happy to ban so they buy a new account. Also very few public bots to choose from. MMOminion is best public one that anyone can buy...

BTW quick tip to beat mailing restrictions on new accounts: play buy orders for EXOTIC LEVEL 80 WEAPONS and send them. High price popular ones. No limit, but it best to not mail too often or cause suspicion. Also lose around 15% fee on TP after selling but that is the cost of laundering gold.
    Excellent Thanks for the information. I believe my restrictions have been lifted.. had the game for about a month now. Just looking for something I can get up for mmoviper. I've faced bots in unranked matches and it's pretty easy to detect them when they ignore you. I'm going to try to stay away from hacks this time around for this game. I'll have to see what all I can find that I would be comfortable with, or maybe just purchase a second acct via paypal and mess around.. figure if I get banned fast I'll just get a refund from paypal seeing as Anet doesn't control billing, but Anet handles all refunds. (I had an issue with 1 account when I first bought gw2 and my acct kept getting banned, so I just refunded it from paypal, used a diff. e-mail and have had no issues. The paypal refund has gone through flawlessly) --Maybe that's something I can provide for ya. If you purchase anything via paypal from Anet, they go Digital?river? for billing. Calling digital, they will tell you, you have to speak with Anet about refunds, but the paypal acct money is sent to is digital, so easy refunds after the 10 day for a dispute.

Tokah's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah buying an account with paypal is good option, I did that myself. Unfortunately it can be hard to find good botting spots in gw2 so pvp is a simple option (although risky). You can run a full bunker/ tank guardian or engineer and have them just run to home point to defend each time. Making them use knockback skills in rotation is good choice for me. Unfortunately it is risky that's why it is a good idea to also play the account sometimes and not fully bot. Bot a few hours during the day while you are out working, then play it manually at night.

mmogolds001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refunding w paypal is a good idea in case of a ban. A chargeback could be filed as well possibly, but chargeback is a bit harder. Paypal love to refund buyers. In my experience the hacks for gw2 are fully undetected as long as you not caught in the act (speed hacking ultra fast). The speed hack is good when used at same speed as swiftness boon. That way you can run max "legal" speed without needing to sacrifice runes/ traits/ weapons to swiftness. It is virtually undetectable if used carefully.

No experience with mmoviper here so can't comment on that. Gw2minion is decent but has downtime because of anets patching model