Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes GW2 a fun game? Also, where's the end game content?

I've enjoyed the random 10v10 pvp.
    I've enjoyed the WvW pvp.
    I've enjoyed the questing.

What's there to do at 80?
    What exactly is GW2's end-game content?

One discouraging factor has been non-grouped 10v10 pvp. I've started parties and ended up on opposite teams as my friends. Is there any way around that? Is there party vs. party 10v10's? 5v5's since that's a parties cap?

I thought 10v10 was the "holy shit this game is actually really fun now" scenario I was looking for, then shortly thereafter I realized it wasn't. Someone talk to me here.

What makes GW2 a fun game? Also, where's the end game content?
    Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just beginning in GW2, but remember no monthly fees means that really if they do nothing more you haven't lost anything. There is way more than any SP game in content and there will be more to come.

I'm extremely impressed with ArenaNet's total transparency with its actions against accounts and actual counts. It's interesting to see what they are dealing with. Sucks for people around here, but its still fun to see.

Cazki's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PVP:
    Just like GW1, GW2 will focus on PvP. The grouped pvp is the tournament, which will probably go live in a few weeks or at least have more tournaments.
    There are both free tournaments and tournaments that require tournamnet tickets.

WvW:
    Well, the focus for "end-game" WvW for a small group will be to focus on capping supply bases and towers while the zerg does their stuff. You can claim a point for your guild, but then it's up to you guys to keep it 'you couldn't keep the keep!'

PvE:
    At the later zones (70+) there are events going on all the time with decent to good loot.
    If you're more into dungeons there are like 8(?) of them, and only 2 of them doesnt reward 80 loot from the tokens that you earn in explorer mode.

raithology's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Jaerin. On top of that ANet is still trying to optimize and fix whatever issues there is. But those issues don't really affect how the game can be played right now. Exploring the world over. Mind you it's been one week and i'm only level 60. On top of that I'm only 17% done with completed world exploration. I was abit shruggish about GW2 after the first day but as you keep exploring and moving forward. It does grow on me. I'm so caught up in the exploration and SP that I haven't even gone over to look at WvW or PvP yet. lol.

It's not end game until i see 100% World completion on my level 80 mesmer