It's 2020: Are people going MMOMinion, Miqo, or RebornBuddy menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    stlambe's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It's 2020: Are people going MMOMinion, Miqo, or RebornBuddy

    Hello everyone!

    Looking around it seems FFXIV is still alive in the botting community, that makes me happy but as I'm returning to FFXIV I'm beginning to look at bots to use to level the secondary classes and skills. What are peoples current thoughts on the top 3 that I know of in the FFXIV space?

    Personally I have a history with MMOMinion having used them for GW2 for a long while without issue and it is a bit cheaper for me than the other options, but I'm open to looking at paying more if it means better support/features/lower ban rate. Though I do see they have really gone far with the third party developer addons. While interesting I don't know if they are gimping the core product to micro-transact out stuff for more money?

    Miqo looks interesting, and not much more for me that MMOMinion, and they don't seem to have a bunch of paid extras. It seems straightforward and them being active on these forums as they update stuff is a bonus to me. I'd be interested to hear what people think of it, early looking seems positive. Though I am curious if the bot allows for me to just say "go level in this area until I tell you to stop"? It calls out gathering and the senario lines, but honestly I enjoy the senario quests, I'm just looking to alleviate the grinding a bit.

    And then there's RebornBuddy. I thought it was dead, but looking at their forum it looks like they updated the bot yesterday. I don't know if I would even trust it, but I'd be interested to hear if people were still using it and what their thoughts were. I used to HEAVILY use Buddy bots, but I also honestly thought they completely died after that Blizz lawsuit.

    Anyways, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

    These ads disappear when you log in.

  2. #2
    Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Reputation
    397
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks G/R
    14/95
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stlambe View Post
    Hello everyone!

    Looking around it seems FFXIV is still alive in the botting community, that makes me happy but as I'm returning to FFXIV I'm beginning to look at bots to use to level the secondary classes and skills. What are peoples current thoughts on the top 3 that I know of in the FFXIV space?

    Personally I have a history with MMOMinion having used them for GW2 for a long while without issue and it is a bit cheaper for me than the other options, but I'm open to looking at paying more if it means better support/features/lower ban rate. Though I do see they have really gone far with the third party developer addons. While interesting I don't know if they are gimping the core product to micro-transact out stuff for more money?

    Miqo looks interesting, and not much more for me that MMOMinion, and they don't seem to have a bunch of paid extras. It seems straightforward and them being active on these forums as they update stuff is a bonus to me. I'd be interested to hear what people think of it, early looking seems positive. Though I am curious if the bot allows for me to just say "go level in this area until I tell you to stop"? It calls out gathering and the senario lines, but honestly I enjoy the senario quests, I'm just looking to alleviate the grinding a bit.

    And then there's RebornBuddy. I thought it was dead, but looking at their forum it looks like they updated the bot yesterday. I don't know if I would even trust it, but I'd be interested to hear if people were still using it and what their thoughts were. I used to HEAVILY use Buddy bots, but I also honestly thought they completely died after that Blizz lawsuit.

    Anyways, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

    Minion is the way to go still, it can do everything prob. even raid for you^^

  3. #3
    stlambe's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Minion is the way to go still, it can do everything prob. even raid for you^^
    Good to hear its still good. Though I do remember the third party stuff from GW2 ended up costing a lot and pushed me away from it a bit. What is pricing like on the third party modules now? Also do you even really need the third party modules if I'm just looking to cut down on grinding and maybe use the assist mode?

  4. #4
    stlambe's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up going MMOMinion and sunk a few dollars into it so far. Its been good so far with only a few small issues.

  5. #5
    --Archangel--'s Avatar Member
    Reputation
    6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    34
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind...................
    Last edited by --Archangel--; 04-12-2021 at 01:14 PM.

  6. #6
    IChangedMyUsername's Avatar Contributor Dance! ;^) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Reputation
    169
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    716
    Thanks G/R
    254/65
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. Looking for some updated information on this; or general botting information for a newbie.

  7. #7
    Hahanerd's Avatar Member お前はもう死んでいる CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    53
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    4 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by IChangedMyUsername View Post
    Bump. Looking for some updated information on this; or general botting information for a newbie.
    MMO.

    Reborn is all but dead.
    Miqo isn't bad, but MMO simply has a lot more function, features, and developers.

  8. Thanks IChangedMyUsername, realt1mg (2 members gave Thanks to Hahanerd for this useful post)
  9. #8
    realt1mg's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hahanerd View Post
    MMO.

    Reborn is all but dead.
    Miqo isn't bad, but MMO simply has a lot more function, features, and developers.
    Second this, used reborn years ago and it was on the cutting edge of everything. Didn't do a bunch of looking into it, assuming the community and addon developers would still be there that I knew back then, bought a sub, and it's almost laughable how much you have to go through to get an even functional combat rotation at this point.

    Miqo is pretty good, as long as you're not needing it to automate any questing on a new character. It can do the Trust / Squadron missions to level up your alts, has what I'd call 'decent' combat rotations, and is all around 'pretty good'.

    Minion though... still has an active development community, you can write your own scripts / routines for anything you can't find or don't want to pay for (the API has great documentation), there are 1-80 automation addons for class quests, story quests, and leveling up crafting / gathering skills, it supports PVP. Just a warning though - it does have some 'hacky' features as well. Speedhack / Teleport most notably - I would advise strongly AGAINST using these at all. Some people can use them and have used them for months with no bans, other people use them once and get caught. Not worth the risk, other than that it's definitely the best currently available.

  10. #9
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    1293
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Thanks G/R
    241/451
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by realt1mg View Post
    Second this, used reborn years ago and it was on the cutting edge of everything. Didn't do a bunch of looking into it, assuming the community and addon developers would still be there that I knew back then, bought a sub, and it's almost laughable how much you have to go through to get an even functional combat rotation at this point.

    Miqo is pretty good, as long as you're not needing it to automate any questing on a new character. It can do the Trust / Squadron missions to level up your alts, has what I'd call 'decent' combat rotations, and is all around 'pretty good'.

    Minion though... still has an active development community, you can write your own scripts / routines for anything you can't find or don't want to pay for (the API has great documentation), there are 1-80 automation addons for class quests, story quests, and leveling up crafting / gathering skills, it supports PVP. Just a warning though - it does have some 'hacky' features as well. Speedhack / Teleport most notably - I would advise strongly AGAINST using these at all. Some people can use them and have used them for months with no bans, other people use them once and get caught. Not worth the risk, other than that it's definitely the best currently available.
    One problem I have with minion is that it feels a bit too microtransaction-y at times. The combat routines built in are... OKAY. The advanced combat routines for classes are all like 10 bucks each. Questing packs are 50 bucks... every third party addon is just so expensive.

    That said, I have been leveling things with no additional money spent, but I've just gotta live with some quirky things like having to manually take over in some dungeons as it can't handle the fight (normally failing to avoid AOE properly)

  11. Thanks IChangedMyUsername (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
  12. #10
    realt1mg's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    One problem I have with minion is that it feels a bit too microtransaction-y at times. The combat routines built in are... OKAY. The advanced combat routines for classes are all like 10 bucks each. Questing packs are 50 bucks... every third party addon is just so expensive.

    That said, I have been leveling things with no additional money spent, but I've just gotta live with some quirky things like having to manually take over in some dungeons as it can't handle the fight (normally failing to avoid AOE properly)
    That's a fair criticism. I'm fortunate that I used it alongside reborn a few years ago, so all I had to do was buy the 70-80 packs for questing, all of the addons are lifetime subscriptions so all my Riku/Sarah ACRs were still there. The Madao MCRs are for sell for cheap right now becuse he's going to have to re-release them for endwalker, one of his dev partners quit so he's going to rewrite/rebrand them. Think you can get his all in one for like dirt dirt cheap.

  13. #11
    Hahanerd's Avatar Member お前はもう死んでいる CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    53
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    4 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    One problem I have with minion is that it feels a bit too microtransaction-y at times. The combat routines built in are... OKAY. The advanced combat routines for classes are all like 10 bucks each. Questing packs are 50 bucks... every third party addon is just so expensive.

    That said, I have been leveling things with no additional money spent, but I've just gotta live with some quirky things like having to manually take over in some dungeons as it can't handle the fight (normally failing to avoid AOE properly)
    It is definitely microtransaction-y, but that is due to paying the individual addon developers for their work.
    The default combat routines are trash, however, the advanced-paid routines are great. Personally, I have logged perfect parses with almost every job and on every difficulty.
    To get the most out of it, you definitely need to spend money. The bright side is that aside from the launcher subscription, the addon prices are fixed and one-time.

  14. Thanks realt1mg (1 members gave Thanks to Hahanerd for this useful post)
  15. #12
    IChangedMyUsername's Avatar Contributor Dance! ;^) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Reputation
    169
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    716
    Thanks G/R
    254/65
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    One problem I have with minion is that it feels a bit too microtransaction-y at times. The combat routines built in are... OKAY. The advanced combat routines for classes are all like 10 bucks each. Questing packs are 50 bucks... every third party addon is just so expensive.

    That said, I have been leveling things with no additional money spent, but I've just gotta live with some quirky things like having to manually take over in some dungeons as it can't handle the fight (normally failing to avoid AOE properly)
    What does Minion come with baseline? It's been annoyingly hard to find information like this online. With just the subscription is it capable of 1-80 classes / professions? If not what kind of extra costs can I expect to achieve something like this?

    Thanks

  16. #13
    Hahanerd's Avatar Member お前はもう死んでいる CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Reputation
    14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    53
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    4 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by IChangedMyUsername View Post
    What does Minion come with baseline? It's been annoyingly hard to find information like this online. With just the subscription is it capable of 1-80 classes / professions? If not what kind of extra costs can I expect to achieve something like this?

    Thanks
    This is a bit too large of an area to discuss. Primarily due to various addon developers having free access to some of their addons and free trials which cover anywhere from 24 hours to 480 hours. I won't cover all, but some include -
    Base app, it comes with default ACR's for every class, although I don't recommend them at all. Purchasing ACR's will easily ensure 99-100 parses and abilities to clear full end-game content.
    *There are 3 end-game profiles you get from one of the best ACR developers for WHM, DRK, and WAR. These can be use for rank 1.
    Base app, it comes with a crafter but is no where near the full capabilities of the addons of the other developers.
    Base app, it comes with all daily completer.
    Base app, it comes with a grinder, gatherer and fisher.

    Essentially, it comes with everything you would need to play the game at a very casual level. If you wish to go beyond that casual level, that is where the paid addons come into question. The paid addons are significantly better than the default addons. Each addon developer has their own Discord which is used for support and is very responsive. Yes, it does get very pricey, however, these are one time payments and they allow you to play the game at a significantly elevated level.

  17. Thanks IChangedMyUsername (1 members gave Thanks to Hahanerd for this useful post)
  18. #14
    flyg's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the paid PVP addons for Minion? I seen there were a few but on the limited view of the forums I see it implies they are either inactive now or badly needing updated.

  19. #15
    stickmatrix's Avatar Member
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, every bot out there has a shortcoming or is good at something and bad at everything else.

    For the price Miqobot is decent at squadrons and gold saucer related things, everything else seems to be pretty garbage and I don't know how effective the assist profiles are for anything other than leveling but I haven't looked in to it too much.

    for 10 USD a month, it's overpriced for what it does well.

    FFXIVMinion is sort of a jack of all trades, but at the same time everything costs money ON TOP of the sub, there are very few open source, free routines, or addons and things that don't cost money are generally half assed and don't really work properly. e.g Squadrons don't really work, many bosses don't work properly imo and they shouldn't really be accessible. I've seen dungeons time out because the bot is unable to complete them.

    Some Wiki pages say they won't be supported come 6.0 and that new addons will be developed that will have to be purchased again, which as me wondering how many of these devs are going to do that if I purchase something today and has had me holding off purchasing anything til Endwalker exists.

    Leveling DoL / DoH seems to be at the very least 25EUR for something to just get you to 80, and 40 for something you can use to make gil

    The prices of things mean that if you just want to do something to level it you're left trawling the forums for inefficient profiles that barely work or figuring out how to do things yourself.

    On top of that, the forums themselves are dead, nobody uses them, nobody posts anything, nobody produces anything for the forum, you have to join their discord and then there are multiple splinter communities on discord for support of each paid addon.

    at least 30 days for 8 EUR isn't too bad.

    RebornBuddy I haven't tried. All the research I've done for RebornBuddy has left me dazed and confused, the forums are dead, I had to find a Discord link hidden in a help thread to get somewhere which lead me to 6 other Discords for fully open source addons.
    They seem to have decent DoH / DoL support behind one paid addon (don't remember the price), with everything else being open source.
    They seem to have GOOD combat assist profiles that are free, and open source, and user modified easily. (people in the discords I found had high 95+ logs, without spending a cent outside of the base bot sub)

    13 EUR a month or 30 EUR for 6 months is... okay.... if it does what I found well.

    All of these are a big downfall from the days of PiroX and Honorbuddy having active forums, helpful development threads, easily accessed profiles and quick support from community users. Having to join 13 different Discord groups alone for FFXIVMinion is absurd.
    Last edited by stickmatrix; 08-17-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting into Pandaria in 5.0.4? How are people doing it?
    By halowiz in forum World of Warcraft Exploration
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. Why are people such *******s when it comes to HC achi?
    By Spatt in forum World of Warcraft General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
  3. What level of hell are you going to?
    By Dragonshadow in forum Community Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
  4. Are you going to play the Starcraft Online MMO?
    By Matt in forum World of Warcraft General
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 09:15 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search