0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found entity data, but cannot locate some key pieces

Hey all. Jumped back into the game a few weeks ago and started work on a gathering bot.

So far I have pretty much all of the pieces I need and it's coming together quite nicely. Located all of the nodes in memory the other day and am able to auto import them into my waypoint editor as a great start to begin setting paths to avoid obstacles (Damn you East Shroud!). However, I am actually still in the process of levelling and now need to handle when to trigger stealth.

I've located the entity data for the current area and can tell the mobs from other NPCs. Offset 76 with a value of 4 appears to tell me that it is something I can attack and Offset 77 with a value of 64 seems to tell me that it is an entity that can attack. Targeting a creature and an NPC guard that will attack mobs trained in town kind of supported it for me.

With all of that said I cannot find 2 pieces of information and I only need 1 of them to move forward:
    • Level of the Target
    • Whether or not the mob is passive or aggressive.

I would not have imagined that's what I would be hung up on, but I am at an utter loss. I tried poking around some of the pointers that Cheat Engine said existed, but feared I would be going way down the rabbit hole and possibly looking at invalid pointers that CE thought was a pointer. And of course, I am looking forward to possibly doing this all over again come Monday. xD

Can anyone help me out in locating that information? I'd love the offset, but what I would love even more is information on how you were able to find it.

Here's a picture of the editor I am working on if anyone is interested. Currently I only have the East Shroud lvl50 trees mapped up, but works pretty good in that you can drag the points and create new points while the bot is currently running (although it pauses when the game loses focus).
    Found entity data, but cannot locate some key pieces-2016-02-19-21_05_24-mainwindow-jpg

Thanks all!

EDIT: Here's an updated screenshot of Central Thanalan lvl50 trees. I realized the original screenshot didn't show the interactiveness. The blue dot is my character's position as he moves and the red line is the path that is supposed to be the shortest to the next waypoint that character is currently following. Pink points are the active gathering nodes. Takes a good 30 minutes of watching the different node combinations pop to get a nice smooth paths between some tricky nodes.

Found entity data, but cannot locate some key pieces-2016-02-19-22_58_20-mainwindow-jpg
    Last edited by HoboDoug; 02-20-2016 at 04:04 AM.

Found entity data, but cannot locate some key pieces
    HoboDoug's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Did I post in the wrong forum? Looking at previous threads and not much about development. If there's a better spot to post about development help for a specific game please let me know.

HoboDoug's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I finally found it. I had a bug in my own custom tool to dump the different bytes between the targets. The data was right there the whole time.

In case others look for this in the future (even though I am sure the offset will eventually change) it looks like 14B9(byte) is the entity level and 1642(byte) is the flag for the creatures state. 30 seconds of testing the flag seems to yield that 0 is passive/idle, 1 is aggressive/idle and 6/7 means it is attacking.

xD Is "Lazy Leecher" a manual tag from a mod? I tried dammit! lol

pootisbb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy Leecher is the default tag.
    You can grab some offset/pointer data from ACT's source code.