Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone information on current offsets for 3.1?

Hey there,

I have been messing around with reading the FFXIV memory for a simple overlay but so far I had no luck - even simple things as just finding all the multilevel pointers for the player HP seems difficult as they get randomly invalidated and new ones are set up. Unfortunately the ffxivlib source is outdated and the memory addresses and offsets from ffxiv-app are not working in my case, neither in Cheat Engine, nor in Reclass or manually in my C++ application which scans the memory.

Has anyone some sample addresses and information on player and target data for the time being? Want to get into writing custom unit frames before I start acquiring stuff about buffs and debuffs.

Cheerio.

Has anyone information on current offsets for 3.1?
    Iceazuk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using DX9 or DX11 if you tell me which one I should be able to give you what your looking for in terms of offsets? Also most of the programs that do memory reading use signatures that only show up after the game is running. Try attaching a debugger and searching for the signature as a set of hex values and then add the offset number since the signature isn't the base pointer but a point that always has the same values and distance from the static base pointer. The other thing is that you need to add 0x400000 to any offsets from something like ffxiv-app to get the location in ida since it doesn't use a base of 0x400000 but rather a dynamic base for when the game is loaded and when your debugging you will have to lookup what the modules base is and add it from there.

3. Thanks Relican (1 members gave Thanks to Iceazuk for this useful post)
    Oxyfrmbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for your reply - I guess I should be experimenting more thoroughly and should try to work with signatures as you mentioned.
    I am using the DX11 version currently and would appreciate every bit of information you can provice once you find yourself some time to work that out. This is my ToDo in terms of what I want to implement at some point if I feel comfortable doing it:
    • At first I would like to get both current and max HP/MP/TP to have at least something to start with. This will definitely keep me busy for a while when I work on unit frames to display.
    • If that happens to work at some point I would like to move on to player buffs and debuffs as well as target buffs and debuffs (which will definitely be a hell of a work there) for some kind of Weakaura overlay from Wow.
    • Afterwards I would like to get some information about casts of the player and the target (obviously for castbars).
    • On top of that some stuff whic is GCD or cooldown related would be nice as well if you happen to stumble upon something.
    • Finally information on the Combat Log to scan particular events (boss readies some very important spell etc.) would be the last bit of information I would imagine for the moment.

EDIT
    With some trial and error it seems I could retrieve the playerinfo structure which is used in ffxivapp - however it is at (BaseAddress + 0x1694160) in my case which seems to be a pretty strange offset in comparison to the offsets in the ffxivapp source code.

EDIT 2
    I just noticed that FFXIVAPP works for 32bit (DX9) but isn't fully updated for 64bit (DX11) yet - that seems to be the reason why I can't properly rely on addresses and such from the app - I'll be waiting for the time being until the developer releases updates to that. At least the aforementioned address in my first edit is really the pointer to the player struct for DX11 but I haven't found any actor/party tables yet to work with more than immutable base stats.
    Last edited by Oxyfrmbl; 12-02-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Iceazuk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The offsets static offsets for DX11 (x64) like PLAYERINFO don't seem to have been updated but I do know the signature for CharMap should be
    Code:
    AppViewModel.Instance.Signatures.Add(new Signature
                            {
                                Key = "CHARMAP",
                                Value = "48c1e8033dffff0000742b3da80100007324488d0d",
                                ASMSignature = true,
                                PointerPath = new List<long>
                                {
                                    0L, // ACT assumes the first entry after the signature is the pointer. Manually do a zero offset to replicate.
                                    // Start ACT "MobArray" offsets
                                    0L
                                }
                            });
    The one that is currently found in the new memory dll is actually the signature for PARTYMAP. I'm guessing it got screwed up when he split the memory stuff into it's own DLL. The things your looking for like HP/MP/TP buffs ect... are not actually located with PLAYERINFO like you seem to have realized it only shows info about classes, stats, exp, ect... The data your looking for is actually found with the the CHARMAP signature (sorry don't have a static offset) and I think the first pointer is to an struct for your character but you might have to go trough them till you find yours.

If you really want something like Weakaura overlay then you might just want to wait for the release of the unofficial addon framework called Aetherflow which is currently in a closed alpha but according to the devs they hope to have an open beta in the next few weeks if not sooner. It's being developed by CoderMog, Icehunter (ffxiv app), and Ravahn (ffxiv act plugin) so it should give you everything you want. I know it's being designed to use LUA and basically allow users to display just about anything they want so you could replicate a weakaura type UI. It will also be open source once out of the alpha so if it doesn't have the info you want then you could always fork it and add to it.

6. Thanks Relican (1 members gave Thanks to Iceazuk for this useful post)
    Oxyfrmbl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't too successful so far, that's kind of rough - I have messaged CoderMog asking if he already knows when they will make the source public on GitHub to get a look into their memory reading routines. I guess it will the best to wait until they do so - in the meantime I should probably work with some sample data.

Tassabra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aetherflow website and project on CoderMogs webpage have disappeared. Did they notice that people (like me) that were not Alphatesters got into the site and read their posts/tried their scripts? I wonder if they iced it or just chose to go full private...

CoderMog's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tassabra View Post
    Aetherflow website and project on CoderMogs webpage have disappeared. Did they notice that people (like me) that were not Alphatesters got into the site and read their posts/tried their scripts? I wonder if they iced it or just chose to go full private...
    I suppose you're referring to the old forum, we scraped that since it was broken from the get-go, just needed a quick fix when a big crowd of addon developers happened.

The project is in very active development, and a new wave of invites will be sent out sometime in the next week or two (we'll push it into beta-stage), keep an eye out on Reddit for the post. The source code along with the entire project will go public shortly after the beta-stage, under GPLv3.

@Oxyfrmbl : You'll be able to do everything you want to achieve by making a Lua addon under Aetherflow. We have all the data you need available, and an almost complete GUI framework to render ... well anything on top of the game The sample unitframe addons I'm making range from 20-30 lines of lua

Just by glancing around the current alpha crowd, there's about 50 addon developers at the moment working on something.

Hey, this is already too much info! I need to keep quiet to not ruin the surprise >.>