18/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Python Protection Question

I've written a Python injector and have been playing with their internal api, using it to gather info about my ship etc. I have been able to warp to items by id and approach them too. However, docking and jumping through stargates doesn't work.

For reference, I am injecting a python script which basically does:
    Code:
    targetid = sm.GetService('target').GetActiveTargetID()
    sm.GetService('menu').Dock(targetid)
    and I've also tried every other method I could find to initiate a dock request; nothing has worked so far and the logging server doesn't report any problems with the script.

Is there some sort of protection applied to certain functions such as docking/warping which is attempting to stop me invoking them?

Edit: 100m to anyone who gives correct info on how to call these successfully

Edit 2: I have figured out what I needed to. For the next guy who searches how to do this: you need to create a thread to invoke from
    Last edited by badusername1234; 08-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Python Protection Question
  2. Thanks KronosDesign (1 members gave Thanks to badusername1234 for this useful post)
    KronosDesign's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by badusername1234 View Post
    I've written a Python injector
    Does the injector you created happen to function with the x64 client?
    I've been trying to update the old public versions used with the autopilot hacks but I can't seem to work out what's causing the crash.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, you're basically the only person I could find that's posted about this since 2013.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out I was overcomplicating things and it's as simple as a single call to the interpreter when you're internal
    Last edited by KronosDesign; 11-20-2020 at 03:22 AM.

badusername1234's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad you figured it out because the above was basically my only venture into eve since i dont enjoy the game too much - the injector was very simple though. not sure if you are aware but you can dump all/most of the game's python with some public tool very easily and just look through it all, then call what you like. only issues are that you run into problems like the one i posted this thread for

KronosDesign's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply and the tip on thread creation. I've already dumped the python code and have successfully created an internal GUI with a built-in script editor to make testing a little easier for myself. Did you receive any bans for the short time you were messing with it? I couldn't seem to find any information other than a mention of signature scans.
    Last edited by KronosDesign; 11-22-2020 at 04:47 AM.

badusername1234's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KronosDesign View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the tip on thread creation. I've already dumped the python code and have successfully created an internal GUI with a built-in script editor to make testing a little easier for myself. Did you receive any bans for the short time you were messing with it? I couldn't seem to find any information other than a mention of signature scans.
    no, though i didn't actually do any significant botting besides just checking that stuff worked. i would imagine that bot detection could be done serverside pretty easily considering the nature of the game.

i don't know much about eve but i'm pretty sure you can do most (if not all) tasks purely using the ui rather than needing to look at the 3d world, which would make screen scraping quite effective compared to most games. if i'm right about that then trying to protect the client further than some really simple stuff is probably pointless - obviously you'd have to check though if you care about your account

mathiasv91's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by badusername1234 View Post
    no, though i didn't actually do any significant botting besides just checking that stuff worked. i would imagine that bot detection could be done serverside pretty easily considering the nature of the game.

i don't know much about eve but i'm pretty sure you can do most (if not all) tasks purely using the ui rather than needing to look at the 3d world, which would make screen scraping quite effective compared to most games. if i'm right about that then trying to protect the client further than some really simple stuff is probably pointless - obviously you'd have to check though if you care about your account
    How would you call said functions in python after you have dumped them from the tool?