0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned?

Has anyone ever been banned? Can you just make a new account? Or do they ban that aswell?

I know CCP monitors your hardware, but which? I heard they only log your CPU ID.

Banned?
    Rieger's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant promis you but in 5 yrs i never seen anyone banned for boting etc. and if a new account did not stop them form playing.
    -Eve Online Station Trader-
    My Stream: www.twitch.tv/baradhunter

murdoc112's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rieger View Post
    I cant promis you but in 5 yrs i never seen anyone banned for boting etc. and if a new account did not stop them form playing.
    I was thinking more for RMT, which is a more serious offense, I imagine.

Rieger's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New account will sure not be a problem, even if your banned for RMT.
    -Eve Online Station Trader-
    My Stream: www.twitch.tv/baradhunter

Bluter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RMT will get the seller banned if they get him and sometimes they do. Problem here is that they seem to crawl through a shitload of logs once they found one. If you do it carefully you shouldn't run into problems. Most cases I heard of are transactions where either contracts or the trade window are involved.

Botting gets you usually banned the 4th time they get you. Before you get timebans (iirc 1 day, 1 week, 1 month) , they talked about this on the fanfest once, video is on youtube, don't have link on hand.

They get a hardware ID from your whole system, Mac Address, CPU ID, iirc GPU info, Windows Product ID and maybe more. There's a tool called redguard to solve this issue, not sure if it's still in development.

Brainmanager's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know of one that got banned last week but that was for scamming really many people

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bluter View Post
    RMT will get the seller banned if they get him and sometimes they do. Problem here is that they seem to crawl through a shitload of logs once they found one. If you do it carefully you shouldn't run into problems. Most cases I heard of are transactions where either contracts or the trade window are involved.

Botting gets you usually banned the 4th time they get you. Before you get timebans (iirc 1 day, 1 week, 1 month) , they talked about this on the fanfest once, video is on youtube, don't have link on hand.

They get a hardware ID from your whole system, Mac Address, CPU ID, iirc GPU info, Windows Product ID and maybe more. There's a tool called redguard to solve this issue, not sure if it's still in development.
    Hey man, thanks for the insight.

But is there a way to do it 'carefully'? I'd love to hear methods of laundering assets and ISK. Most I've gathered from seasoned RMTers is the way they transfer ISK to buyers. Usually via jet can, ship shift and contracts.

One idea I had to back up your assets in case you get banned is to put them in a can in space. I tried it with deleting a character and it was still there. Do you think this would work if your character gets banned? Would POSes get removed from space?

Also, do you have any more information about this program redguard? I tried google but it doesn't bring up anything.
    Last edited by murdoc112; 04-03-2014 at 12:15 PM.

deity17313's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no idea but just crate a ne account

deity17313's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive botted on an off but havnt been banned yet

Kunde's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bluter View Post

I have been banned several times with different Chars mostly because of Macro/Bot Mining and most of the time the Characters were banned permanently on the first ban. There was no warning or temporary ban. Could be that they got my Hardware ID on the first bans but I always used Redguard...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kunde View Post
    I have been banned several times with different Chars mostly because of Macro/Bot Mining and most of the time the Characters were banned permanently on the first ban. There was no warning or temporary ban. Could be that they got my Hardware ID on the first bans but I always used Redguard...
    What is this redguard program? I've tried googling it but it never comes up with anything

Kunde's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RedGuard is/was a tool which aimed to mask your Hardware signature to CCP. As it turned out at some point (mid 2013) CCP started specifically searching for this tool and banned a lot of Redguard users. Since then I don't know if Redguard is still further updated.

DrLecter's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be some misconceptions.

First:
    I've seen botters doing their thing 24/7 for weeks, months and years even on end, non-stop.
    They don't seem to give a stuff about botters. They don't ban them as often as RMT, if at all.

Secondly:
    RMT is closely monitored.
    The punishment for it on the first offence is usually putting your wallet into the negative, adding 2 times or 3 times the amount purchased in debit.
    Example: if you bought 1b they will debit that, and a further 1b or 2b. Making your wallet -1b or -2b. Leaving you unable to do anything that requires a positive wallet (such as contracts or trades) until your account gets back into the positive.

Finally:
    Scamming is allowed, and encouraged.
    PLEX, and any other in-game items scamming is fully ALLOWED. The only exceptions are character trading, and game time code trading. However there is a further but less frequent one is PLEX for good. You cannot scam in those. Any other time is fair game. So scam all you like. The terms of service forbid:
    - PLEX for good
    - Character selling/trading
    - Game time code (not PLEX)
    There's also some things like you cannot represent another player, or diplomat of alliances/corporations.

That's it really.
    They only ever seem to issue punishment for bad scamming or RMT.

Again, scamming is typically encouraged, and is fair game assuming you follow the rules.
    RMT is punished.
    Botting is rarely if-ever banned/punished.

Bluter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing about botting or in general automating sutff and the risk of getting banned: Make sure you don't use injection if you're not 100% sure, with ocr you will be fine.

Redguard ist still alive and pretty expensive with 25 USD for each update from ccp these days, can be found at evegrinder.com now.

@murdoc112: They can find everything, it just depends how deep they dig - most of the GMs are pretty dumb and don't have a clue of what they are doing, they took 5b from one of my characters and told me that I bought isk...I told them to **** off and that I bought the character a few weeks ago...they returned the isk nearly instant. The Devs are pretty dumbasses, too...last year they leaked their own private keys and so on. This company should try something without computers, they may have some good lumberjacks.

Everything that involves contracts and trade windows involves a extreme high risk of being punished. Safer ways are jetcans or ship shift with items that can be sold easily without much loss. As for the ban protected storage I use a corp hangar and wallet. Not sure if it's bulletproof but it's the only I have more or less comfortable access to my stuff. You can simply create a new CEO every month for free through the buddy program.

If you simply drop a can somewhere it will disappear after 2 hours, a ship can stay in space for 30 days which isn't much better since it can be boarded by everyone (as long as it's not targeted while ejecting). A POS would good but you have to keep a close eye on it and you will definetly find it in reinforcement very soon.
    Last edited by Bluter; 05-30-2014 at 09:54 AM.

balkai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been botting for well over 6 months with a mining bot, pixel detection based. No ban so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast