217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMOViper ESO Bot - Quick Review

HI5 Bot Reviews Series

MMOViper - Elder Scrolls Online Bot

Here's a short review of first available ESO bot - which is ofc MMOViper. I want to keep these reviews as short as possible, so you can actually decide which bot to buy / not to buy and not to show off my 1337 writing skillz (and they're so 1337 you probably couldn't handle it anyways), so without a further ado - LET US BEGIN!

First look at MMOViper kinda reminds me of pirox ("PvP tool" bot for WoW), and I think it's best bot to compare it to - same as pirox it also does have a lot of options, and you can pretty much set everything the way you want.

How complicated this bot really is?

Most ppl hearing "a lot of options" automatically think "it must be hella complicated to setup", which in this case is only partially true. For example setting up a combat profile really did took me few good h to figure everything out, however farming profiles are as easy to make as it gets - all you have to to is to click "auto add", make your path, add mobs you want to attack to the list and you're all set - takes literally around 2 minutes to make a profile!

Lucky for lazy players like us - MMOViper got dedicated community of their previous bot's users, so you can already see some pre-made combat profiles for few classes on their forum (that can be simply loaded from file) and I'm sure we'll see combat setup for pretty much every class / build combination in upcoming weeks. And if you're not as lazy - you can also watch one of few vids on their site showing you how to setup combat (I'm pretty sure it takes less than few h if you'll actually watch them and not just mess around with settings as I did :P).

How good does it actually works?

As already mentioned, MMOViper ESO bot is a first bot available for this game, and it was released very recently, which means it can be still pretty buggy, but actually... it's not, it really works very well. Sure it does lack few functions like dodging or repairs / vendoring items - but from what you can read on their site, it's already being worked on. Besides neither of that haven't stopped me from lvling my templar from 17-36 lvl only on bot in less than 3 days! (and by 3 days |I don't mean full time botting, more like 5-10 h each day), which you gotta admit - is pretty damn impressive as for bot that was released this early into the game.

BackGround mode

Short - nope
    Long - Not yet(?)

As for now you're not able to use this bot in background mode, which means you have to keep the game window focused at all times while botting (just like when you're playing), however by looking at MMOViper bot dev posts, he might actually implement it in near future (which we all hope for ).

Pros & Cons

Pros:

-A lot of options to customize bot for your specific needs
    -Farming / Gathering profiles are super easy and fast to make thanks to built-in tools
    -MMOViper has a long history of MMO bots, so it does have nice and big community of helpful users that are often willing to share not only advice, but also their profiles
    -Price - you're paying only 5$ / month sub for access to ALL their bots

Cons:

-Combat classes may be bit hard to setup for new user (but there's a lot of tutorials and soon-to-come pre-made combat profiles on their forums, so it's not a big deal)
    -No BackGround mdoe (as of yet)
    -No dodging (as of yet) - tho this one (as I'm showing on vid below) doesn't stop the bot from grinding mobs that are 5 lvl's higher than you ;D

To buy or not to buy?

If you're looking for lvling / farming bot for your own needs - definitely to buy, MMOViper Eso bot does his job, and saved me a lot of boring grinding already.
    If you're looking for lvling / farming bot for profit - you might want to wait for background mode, tho even now you can actually make some profit with it as long as you have spare PC to bot on

Last edited by HI5; 04-17-2014 at 10:20 PM.

MMOViper ESO Bot - Quick Review
    viperbot's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review!
    ]

illester's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally confused. I see people constantly bashing on Viperbot due to its run time limit... I see nothing about that here. Is it not true that there is a run time limit?

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by illester View Post
    I'm totally confused. I see people constantly bashing on Viperbot due to its run time limit... I see nothing about that here. Is it not true that there is a run time limit?
    Nope, it's just in their ToS that you should not run it more than normal person would be able to play during the day, but there's no limitation on the software itself.

fluxvital's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Price - you're paying only 5$ / month sub for access to ALL their bots
    heeuuu no, price is 30$/6months thats not the same thing ...

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fluxvital View Post
    heeuuu no, price is 30$/6months thats not the same thing ...
    So you want to tell me it's more than 5$ per month?

overture2112's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by illester View Post
    ...I see people constantly bashing on Viperbot due to its run time limit...
    I believe this was merely /suggested/ at some point and then this happened: Chinese whispers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever actually participated in one of those? It is truly remarkable the story that goes in and what you get out.

I need to make my own thread for patch notes, but I'll append it here for now:

Apr 16, 2014 MMOViperBot Version 2.0.8.6

All Bots:
    - Bugfix: Fixed radar code so that highlight will always show, even if mob/npc, etc is turned off.
    - Bugfix: Fixed bugs with patrol that only has 1 task in it.
    - Bugfix: Typographical fixes.

TESO Bot:
    - Bugfix: Fixed random client crashes
    - Bugfix: Fixed LOS issues with some random nodes
    - Added: Support for SP (Stamina) in hotkeys
    - Added: Support for Options/Resting/Stamina
    - Added: Support for Hotkey/Advanced/TargetSelf, will now target ground at players feet.
    - Tweak: Tweaked camera to try to better face targets
    - Bugfix: Fixed blocking for spells that need ground targeting. Spells that press LButton as part of combo chain will not block.
    - Bugfix: Tweaked for Light attacks, they should fire better now
    - Bugfix: Bot will now assist kills (unless you have player detection turned on)
    ]

fluxvital's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HI5 View Post
    So you want to tell me it's more than 5$ per month?
    yes because if you just want to test it you have to pay for 6 month, you cannot take just one month. So this isn't the same thing, the right term is 30$ for 6 months i agree when you say that it is really not expensive, you are right if you are sure that you will use it during 6 months, we all here know that 6 month is a long long time in botting matters

oh and thx for your review it is very interesting.

somedude168's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased it, no real complaints so far.

My only question is how well is a bot going to fair in veteran content? Anyone tried it?

lostsk8r's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of setting up my VR1 archer nightblade to grind here and there since I hate questing and VR xp IMO is gruesome.. need to find a good spot and a good combo since the mobs hit like trucks and I rely on silver shards/vamp drain. I could go for a tank build and try it but eh. But it also doesnt have selling capability so I'd hate to miss out on good drops too, so no overnight grinding.. I like it on my templar cause he's just grinding newbie levels and that gear isnt a huge deal.

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the next patch they are going to greatly increase the XP for veteran ranks. We now have several pre-made patrols available for each of the factions, and it is growing every day.
    ]

Mumulica's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you make the bot detect and auto attack all the mobs near him?

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all in how you configure the bot. Viper works via hotspots. Easiest way is to watch one of the setup videos like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZeCuv7sQM

Its for ffxiv, but the logic is the same for setting up a path.
    ]

Mumulica's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty. Its working now. I forgot to add other 3-4 mobs i was encountering on my path and he wasonline attacking 1 out of 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast