1/0
    Trade Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is this ?

This bot is specifically designed to adhere to the spirit of the gaming such that you should not use a program that gives an unfair advantage of other players. In that spirit:
    1. Background Mode removed because it created an unfair advantage over other players.
    2. You can only run this bot for a few hours a day
    3. It will NOT pvp.
    4. The bot will be slower at playing than if you were actually playing.

LOL!?

Teso Bot - Viper teaser (1 minute)
    tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xetro View Post
    What the hell is this ?

This bot is specifically designed to adhere to the spirit of the gaming such that you should not use a program that gives an unfair advantage of other players. In that spirit:
    1. Background Mode removed because it created an unfair advantage over other players.
    3. It will NOT pvp.

LOL!?
    Looks like Pitviper wants to avoid any legal trouble from Zenimax. Of course it's his prerogative to take whatever measures he deems necessary to protect himself legally, but I doubt these sorts of changes will prevent any action on the part of Zenimax if they have the inclination to threaten bot developers.

What this will do is cripple the bot and when other bots are released, mmoviper will be the ugly girl at the dance by comparison.

viperbot's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be true, and we will have to adjust as time goes on.

But yes, these things have been done to help avoid legal issues.

Some other things of interest. There will not be any anti-detection routines in the bot, however, I dont think they are necessary, in the 10+ years we have been making bots we have had less than a handful of bans, most of which were not related to botting, but RMT as a result of botting. Quite a record, if I do say so myself.

For ESO, if somebody gets banned using our software, then they must be doing something that is "hurting" the game and we may need to adjust our policies to curb that behavior, however I think that the current restrictions we have in place are more than adequate to show our good faith in keeping with the spirit of their rules against having an unfair advantage over other players.

Talking about bots, programs, etc. I foresee this game completely filled with bots, teleporting, speed hacking and the full gambit. So there will definitely be other choices besides viper to choose from. Just pick how aggressive you want to be, and go with that program.

Just a prediction. I predict that within a week of release, you will see the first teleporting app, bouncing around, collecting mats and shards.
    ]

plissje's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by viperbot View Post
    That may be true, and we will have to adjust as time goes on.

But yes, these things have been done to help avoid legal issues.

Some other things of interest. There will not be any anti-detection routines in the bot, however, I dont think they are necessary, in the 10+ years we have been making bots we have had less than a handful of bans, most of which were not related to botting, but RMT as a result of botting. Quite a record, if I do say so myself.

For ESO, if somebody gets banned using our software, then they must be doing something that is "hurting" the game and we may need to adjust our policies to curb that behavior, however I think that the current restrictions we have in place are more than adequate to show our good faith in keeping with the spirit of their rules against having an unfair advantage over other players.

Talking about bots, programs, etc. I foresee this game completely filled with bots, teleporting, speed hacking and the full gambit. So there will definitely be other choices besides viper to choose from. Just pick how aggressive you want to be, and go with that program.

Just a prediction. I predict that within a week of release, you will see the first teleporting app, bouncing around, collecting mats and shards.
    why would you time limit a customer of yours who paid to use your program?
    Its like i will pay 15$ to Zenimax to play ESO and they will tell me, sorry, you played too much, time to disconnect and kick me out.. o_O

Jackie1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    botting is botting. Not matter what your restrictions on the bot its still automatic game play, and is breaking the TOS. Your bot the way it is still is against the rules. It makes choices for you what skill to use and when to use it. It moves the character around. NO amount of TIME restrictions is gonna change the fact its automatic game play and is against the games rules. so these restrictions are nonsense. there is no "lesser" or "more" degree of cheating. Cheating is cheating they are all equally bad and all equally against the rules. and this bot is nothing like previous bots you have released. so i cant see how this is always been your "stance"

Furthermore your site is affliated to taultunleashed which is a site that deals with Hacks, exploits and other tools. So how does this go with your "new stance"
    Last edited by Jackie1234; 03-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.

plissje's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jackie1234 View Post
    botting is botting. Not matter what your restrictions on the bot its still automatic game play, and is breaking the TOS. Your bot the way it is still is against the rules. It makes choices for you what skill to use and when to use it. It moves the character around. NO amount of TIME restrictions is gonna change the fact its automatic game play and is against the games rules. so these restrictions are nonsense. there is no "lesser" or "more" degree of cheating. Cheating is cheating they are all equally bad and all equally against the rules. and this bot is nothing like previous bots you have released. so i cant see how this is always been your "stance"

Furthermore your site is affliated to taultunleashed which is a site that deals with Hacks, exploits and other tools. So how does this go with your "new stance"
    are you Jackie from MacroGoblin?

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jackie1234, I guarantee you viper wont be your only choice. Go find the bot that best suites your needs.

@plissje, yes this is jackie1234 from MacroGoblin, Viper, MMOLazy, MMOMinion, etc.
    ]

Jackie1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jackie1234, I guarantee you viper wont be your only choice. Go find the bot that best suites your needs.

@plissje, yes this is jackie1234 from MacroGoblin, Viper, MMOLazy, MMOMinion, etc.

sure is viper i didnt know you cared? just kidding

Valliana's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you have just a radar addon?

deadlybot's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @db, I have no clue why paypal is doing that. You'd have to ask them why they wont allow from you balance.
    Hey Viperbot,

Since my post I have bought Diablo ROS - Phone credit for my mobile - An invitation design on fiver and a few other things with my paypal account. This weird echeque thing must be on your end as I have never seen it ever before and have made enough purchases to know its nothing to do with my paypal account. You might want to check with them yourself before you release your ESO bot.

On second thought, after reading the rest of the post I don't think you will need to fix anything as you won't get a single sale if the restrictions are indeed in place.
    Last edited by deadlybot; 03-29-2014 at 08:59 AM.

deadlybot's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DO NOT BUY THIS BOT AS IT IS BEING RESTRICTED BY THE BOT DEVELOPER

Read the description on his teaser video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmnrgfdFcYc

3. It will NOT pvp.

It is designed to enhance your gaming experience by taking stress of repetitive keystrokes away and eases your concentration while playing.

There are just too many features to put them all here.

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct, there are measures being taken to restrict usage of our ESO bot.

See you on the viper forums.
    ]

Thanks G/R
    2/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a revised update:

Code:
    You agree not to use the software in a way that will negatively impact other players.
    So no, you are not limited on how many hours you can use the bot.

We oscillated back and forth with different ways to approach the problem, and this was the fix.
    ]

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a revised update:

Code:
    You agree not to use the software in a way that will negatively impact other players.
    So no, you are not limited on how many hours you can use the bot.

We oscillated back and forth with different ways to approach the problem, and this was the fix.
    Good to hear! Any news/changes on any other restrictions, such as background mode?

HansW's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i doubt anything you do will protect your users from getting banned or protect you from any legal threads, but good luck with it.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast