0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to safely buy silver?

Anyone figured out how they're tracking and banning all the gold sellers/buyers? Lost my alt account already, planning to buy another but looking for more secure methods to buy silver without getting banned so fast.

How to safely buy silver?
    TastyCheeseSteak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought gold didn't you?

Don't do that. Don't buy gold.

Silver is much safer and there are hundreds of way to launder it.

wiley1's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought silver...it was just some level 1 character trading it though.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wiley1 View Post
    Weird - how long did it take for the ban? I bought some silver from a reseller and it's been ~48h without a ban...yet I suppose.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wiley1 View Post
    Weird - how long did it take for the ban? I bought some silver from a reseller and it's been ~48h without a ban...yet I suppose.

wiley1's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~24 hours, they were quick on the trigger lol.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So safe ways I know:

1 - Shopping List - You provide seller a list of very high value items. They buy them, deposit them in a chest on your island. You loot them.
    2 - Food Money - Seller deposits the money into a building on your island and set food reward to 100k. You feed your building and get 100k for each 1k of nutrition. You'd need to feed your building anyway.
    3 - Guild Deposit Withdraw - Seller deposits the money into your guild, you and your alts are master of coin of the guild and are easily able to pull money out of the guild as needed.

Finding a seller who knows how to follow any of these is the hard part. Generally a fresh account is $30, I suggest just going that route, taking the risk on the throwaway account and quickly using one of the above ways to get money to your main.

On the other hand if you are a seller willing to use the above 3 methods - you really should advertise it as the sellers I have encountered in this game tend to just be resellers who have zero understanding of Albion.

Also 72 without a ban on my throwaway account so I guess I got lucky...

8. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to TastyCheeseSteak for this useful post)
    vfreezy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per their TOA, Section 4.5.1: If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Benefits on a large scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence.

Find a way to negate this and you should be clean as a whistle in your laundering schemes.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vfreezy View Post
    Per their TOA, Section 4.5.1: If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Benefits on a large scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence.

Find a way to negate this and you should be clean as a whistle in your laundering schemes.
    It's not quite so simple. We have traded 100% legitimate 20-30m back and forth between multiple accounts with zero issues and not all chars were guilded. I know that people trading gold get banned WAY more frequently than silver because often the gold is pulled in using stolen credit cards and then charged back.

I trade 10m on a throway account from a naked alt to a 2 hour alt with zero issues. I laundered the money to my main but the ban that I expected my alt to get never came. So I'm really unsure what resulted in bans when other people did the exact same transaction with the same seller.

What I do know is that just depositing very high value items or guild withdrawls from the coffer do not seem to matter. Problem is that finding a seller who is competent is nearly impossible as most are just using clueless distributors who have never played the game and only know how to open a trade window. Asking them to do anything else just confuses them and makes them think you are trying to scam them somehow.

Frankly I suspect that many of the silver bans are really just getting caught in the dragnet from gold transactions as the same sellers happily trade illegitimate gold and silver and then they get flagged for RMT and all recent trades get smacked with a ban but I have no way to confirm that.

I'm still looking for a seller who is willing to jump through hoops to make the transaction safe - but for now I do suggest assuming that you will need to launder the money yourself and factor in the $30 cost of a throwaway account into your cost analysis. Either way right now cost of RMT silver vs gold is nearly 1/10th the price so it's still worth it.

What I find funny is how the community is so aghast on the subject of RMT when you can officially by silver with $ from the dev - just at a much higher price. Boo hoo look at these RMTers P2W'ing - for less than the dev intended...

11. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to TastyCheeseSteak for this useful post)
    Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TastyCheeseSteak View Post
    So safe ways I know:

1 - Shopping List - You provide seller a list of very high value items. They buy them, deposit them in a chest on your island. You loot them.
    2 - Food Money - Seller deposits the money into a building on your island and set food reward to 100k. You feed your building and get 100k for each 1k of nutrition. You'd need to feed your building anyway.
    3 - Guild Deposit Withdraw - Seller deposits the money into your guild, you and your alts are master of coin of the guild and are easily able to pull money out of the guild as needed.

Finding a seller who knows how to follow any of these is the hard part. Generally a fresh account is $30, I suggest just going that route, taking the risk on the throwaway account and quickly using one of the above ways to get money to your main.

On the other hand if you are a seller willing to use the above 3 methods - you really should advertise it as the sellers I have encountered in this game tend to just be resellers who have zero understanding of Albion.

Also 72 without a ban on my throwaway account so I guess I got lucky...
    These are legit ideas to deliver safely. Finder sellers are actually familiar with the game is definitely the safest to go, especially if they are legitimately farming the silver/gold as I highly doubt they are the targets for the bans.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have worked with 2 vendors in the past with zero issues using the Food Money method to transfer large quantities of silver. Both of these vendors also earn their income 100% legitimately throguh gathering and are part of established end game BZ guilds.

PM me if you would like me to pass their info to you as I do not wish to post it on essentially a public forum. Keep in mind as their supplies are legitimately earned and not boted, they are lower and at higher rates than you may find elsewhere.

halogotstoled's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a little research into the bans, and found a post from Albion's CEO Stefan on their forums. This is a direct quote from him, "Yes that is the problem. They are using stolen credit cards or hacked paypal account.Next week we will also add measures against silver trading, But since its a more complicated topic since you will not want to forbid it completely we need a bit more time to implement more detection mechanisms."
    This was posted on 8/4, meaning within the next week everyone needs to again use caution when buying silver from non Albion sources.
    He seems to be very transparent about letting people know whats coming, which is good for us I guess lol.
    Now this is purely based on speculation, but I'm thinking that the only definite ban cases right now are from cases in which chargebacks are issued from cc's/stolen cc's. The gold which was purchased is then removed/account banned, but if the gold has passed hands, they do a manual investigation. Likely, if the gold is directly traded for no service/goods then they assume RWT.

I saw another post a few days ago from Stefan stating for a fact that they have NO bot detection software implemented in the game, and that all investigating/banning of botters is currently done manually and based on reports.

Edit: I will note, that I've made two separate purchases of silver in Albion on throwaway accounts, and have received no ban. This is likely to change if they develop a way to better track silver buyers/sellers as they say they will in the next week or so.

Also, if anyone want's links to some of these threads, I would be happy to. If you google Bercilak Albion online, you can do your own investigations and keep up with it on the Albion forums. Bercilak is Stefan Wiezorek's (founder of Albion) name on Albion forums.
    Last edited by halogotstoled; 08-05-2017 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Baked; Forgotten Information

archerforce's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly it is not safe at all, also when messaging them they were very rude and pushing. Now they refuse to answer my emails GG

So RIP all the time and money I spent on this account.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to safely buy silver?-ggzzzzz-jpg  

Will2017's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one can provide me an secure and safe silver seller? Send me pm.

ItsMikill01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @will2017, yes buy the silver on a account you dont care if it gets banned. next have a lumber mill or something similar, on your main character's island. give the alt character permissions to access everything on your main account island. next transfer the money from alt account to the lumber mill created by the main account but allow permissions to the alt so you can access it. store the money in administration. and then the main can access it at any time, just pull money out in a couple mil increments at first.